Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

of all the things to get on Arenas over, this isnt one of them. A lot of players do it, tbf, even the great ones.

This happened last year. The team was watching, not a player. Next door in the visiting locker room they were watching game tape. Arenas wasn't here. The point is this team couldn't give a damn about winning, working, and otherwise behaving in a professional manner.

He has other qualities that make up for his lack of ideal height. Despite being a short 2, he showed himself to be a pretty good rebounder in college. Defensively, Wall is long enough to guard 2's if need be.
I agree with you.

DG, Beal is not one of those king sized PGs like Kobe or Paul George, but he's not really short either. He's just over 6'3 w/o shoes and just under 6'5 in his shoes. He's got pretty good length, not great. He's the same height as D Wade and Ray Allen, though his arms aren't as long as Wade's. Those are the two players he got compared to in college. He's got a pretty good body for the NBA, nice strong looking build.

Vesely needs to be on a contending team for his contributions to matter. The things he is good at matter little on a team that's not going anywhere.
Agreed here too.

Vesely can't help us right now because he can't score. He's years away from being a useful scorer, if ever. He's a big project. On San Antonio, he'd be a monster. He can defend and he can finish around the basket and he can see the whole court well and facilitate a lot of movement. Good fit for SA's offense since they've got so many scorers.

But as you say, what's the point of having a defensive project player when you struggle to score 80 points a game?

I also agree with DG about him being small. He's probably a pretty legit 7' but his 240 pound listing seems small. He looks like he can't add weight right now. Not the end of the world if he stays on the wing, but he's got no offense to be stashed on the wing. This team needs offense from that position.

Seraphin is growing, and experiencing the ups and downs that come along with that territory. Some games he looks like a dominant low post scorer, other games he looks lost when doubled. If he struggles on offense, it often affects other parts of his game, he has to grow out of that. Still very excited to watch him develop though.
Again, I agree with you. Your post hit the nail on the head.

Seraphin is one of the few things I really look forward to. He's been making big strides since day one. I think in year five or six, you'll really see the player he's going to be and he's going to be a good starting big.

You hit the nail on the head about his offensive limitations. If you trap him outside his spots, he'll turn it over. KG schooled him on this at the end of both of those games.

He also glues onto his man and doesn't help out when he's playing defense in the paint.

But these are things he'll learn. What he does have is strength, toughness, athleticism, good NBA body, solid hands, and awesome touch around the basket. He can hit from 15-17 feet. He can post up and create good shots on his own.

DG that baby hook of his is his go to weapon. He converts that thing at an elite rate already and he's getting better all the time. He's 12/16 on that shot this year, 75%. That's first in the league for anyone who shoots it regularly (at least 15 attempts). And this isn't necessarily a flash in the pan.

He was first in the league last year too in FG% on that shot for people who attempted at least 75 of them. He shot 66% on it on 85 attempts (he didn't start most of the year).

http://bkref.com/tiny/iXhm8

That thing is a real weapon for him. It's also one of the only go to sources of offense our team has with Wall and Nene out.

Ted would still find some excuse to keep Ernie.

He still uses an AOL email address. I think he is afraid of change. I know his AOL ties/past, but come on. I wouldn't hire an intern who uses an AOL email address. :ols:

Edited by Duckus

Only been loosely watching the UNC game, but James McAdoo has been pretty invisible from what I've seen. I'm thinking this is going to be a bad class. #1 pick or bust type of year.

its hard to say this early in the year.

---------- Post added November-19th-2012 at 08:10 PM ----------

I've just gotta say that I love Crawford. He's one of the few bright spots on this team. I really don't care if we win or lose, but Crawford plays with heart.

---------- Post added November-19th-2012 at 08:15 PM ----------

Ted would still find some excuse to keep Ernie.

It'd be part of the plan and Ernie would be the architect of the rebuild.