Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Why are Okafor and Ariza still starting. They are two of the worst players on the team. Could that trade possibly look any worse?

---------- Post added November-19th-2012 at 09:35 PM ----------

Can't see Detroit going Zeller over Shabazz. They got Monroe & Drummond, they need wing players.

Definitely. We'll have to hope we get #1.

So who thinks we get to 90 tonight?

almost

---------- Post added November-19th-2012 at 09:38 PM ----------

So, is 0-9 our worst start ever? I'm starting to become desensitized to it all...

What I care about now is that I just want Beal to develop. I want him Crawford, Singleton, Vesely, Seraphin to continue to improve and when Wall comes back, I'll look for the same.

Maybe when this franchise fires everybody we can actually develop them. But until them, I'll look for their individual performances and tonight Beal had a nice second half.

Why are Okafor and Ariza still starting. They are two of the worst players on the team. Could that trade possibly look any worse?

---------- Post added November-19th-2012 at 09:35 PM ----------

The same reason Blatche ( and countless others) played for so long: Grunfield wants his* players playing.

Edited by Skin'emAlive

Yeah at least Beal woke up and played well in the second half. Singleton looked pretty good too. If those two and Seraphin keep developing and having good performances, it's a legit silver lining. I thought Ves had a decent game. A typical Ves game.

Seraphin gets into foul trouble too quick.

Indiana was +12 on the boards tonight. Booker had 8 rebounds and was the only player to get more than five. We're pretty bad on the glass.

Gotta ask, I missed this game, too. ESPN has us as 9th in assists and 10th in points allowed per game. I know we suck, but I have seen good ball movement the few times I've been able to watch them. Is there any truth to the 10th in points allowed stat, or are teams just not needing to blow us out per say. Another game around 35%, you can't beat people like that.

I agree with looking for players like Beal and hopefully Wall to develop. I was expecting more from Vesley being such a high draft pick, and Booker/Seraphine/Singleton can turn out to be nice in the environment. My issue with this franchise is you don't see these young players really develop by any sort of leaps and bounds from one season to the next. It just seems like a whole lotta not as bad as last year, which tonight just got punched in the face.

Yeah at least Beal woke up and played well in the second half. Singleton looked pretty good too. If those two and Seraphin keep developing and having good performances, it's a legit silver lining. I thought Ves had a decent game. A typical Ves game.

Seraphin gets into foul trouble too quick.

Indiana was +12 on the boards tonight. Booker had 8 rebounds and was the only player to get more than five. We're pretty bad on the glass.

We also played pretty good defense most of the game. Their shooting percentage doesn't show it, but they committed 20 turnovers to our 13. That's really how we stayed in the game, that and free throws.