Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

5 minutes ago, method man said:

the guy is an excellent mentor

That may be true. But does he want that role right now? Nope. If they can get him to a team that can at least make the playoffs, that's doing him a solid. Cleaning up Ted's mess is step one. If Washington rolls with the lows team salary next year because it's all youth, that's fine. Gives them time to map out where they want to go and have the room to go after some guys next year if needed. 

9 minutes ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

With LeBron's window closing, I don't see why LeBron for Beasley, Bamba and #17 can't happen. LeBron and CP3 are very close friends and have always wanted to play together

1 minute ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

Terance Mann + Bones Hyland + salary filler like Plumlee and Covington would be interesting

Came to this thread, to say what a terrible return the Wizards got.  Read some posts, and I'm still saying the same thing.  The only difference is that now I have a better understanding of why the Wizards got hosed (if that's how you spell it) in this deal.  Hopefully, Paul's trade will get a better return for the Wizards! Hopefully a 1st round pick in return (wishful thinking I know).

Edited by Maxito

This trade just illustrates how bad that Beal contract was.  The return is a joke but getting out of that deal was the first step in the rebuild.  Don't they still owe a lottery protected 1st when they dumped another bad contract (blanking on his name)?  And giving Porzingis a deal after a good year would be something the old group would do.  Hard to imagine any other scenario other than he signs a big contract and then gets hurt.  A lot.    

Edited by Darrell Green Fan
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, CRobi21 said:

Thank God they're flipping CP3. Don't think I could stomach seeing him play for my team...

I'm impressed they may actually flip him instead of what seems likely easily waiving him...

That technically can factor into the over "haul" we get for Beal, even if it still would've been much more years ago...it ain't years ago so is what it is.

Get what you can...

1 hour ago, abdcskins said:

****ty trade. Not surprised. Bradley Beal screwed us, I hate that guy.

My Dad has finally seen the light and agrees with you...

Edited by Renegade7
  • Thanks 1

The mistake was not trading Beal 2-3 years ago when his value was at an all time high. Instead our FO foolishly believed he could be the center piece of a contender. There have only been three SGs that have been championship centerpieces: Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant, and Dwayne Wade. Aka basically the three best SGs ever. Beal is not in the same universe as those guys.

But at least we were able to get out of the contract and flipping Paul should allow us to salvage a bit more value. And in that respect, I don't hate the trade. 

The people who think we could/should have gotten multiple 1sts for Beal are probably the same ones thinking we could get a 1st for Chase Young.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, CRobi21 said:

:chair:

That kinda sucks, but dude is gonna be 25 before next season starts. 

5 minutes ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

If Beal only wanted to go to the Suns, the deal would never get better. Plus, the Wiz clearing the last three years and $161 million is salary is big

• Thanks 1

Jus seeing ESPN grade, don't care for what they gave up, jus taking that contract to say they got another all-star was desperate...it'll only be worth it for them if Beal gets he's 3pt shot back, but it's bigger deal taking cap space for current production then what they gave up, imo.

8 minutes ago, Hersh said:

That kinda sucks, but dude is gonna be 25 before next season starts. 

If Beal only wanted to go to the Suns, the deal would never get better. Plus, the Wiz clearing the last three years and $161 million is salary is big

Goodwin seems like the perfect type of player to get minutes in a tank year where he could be moved at the deadline.

1 minute ago, Ball Security said:

Goodwin seems like the perfect type of player to get minutes in a tank year where he could be moved at the deadline.

Maybe the Wiz got an addition 2nd for him in this deal? That's what he would've gotten at the deadline at the most.