Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

5 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Wait, what?  You think Wall is unsalvageable at this point?

Worse, I think he’s culpable.  The team has imploded, and leadership on every level is to blame.  GM, head coach, and self proclaimed leader on the floor.  Each of them has failed notably in their own way and each failure contributed to this collapse.  The infection now has to be cut out.

For what it’s worth I think Wall was poisoned by the culture on this team, but he seems to clearly be part of the problem now.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

I’m down for a ES Bag Night.

That would be a hoot.

Which poison cup shall we all drink from?  There's a laker game in the middle of that, but that's on a Sunday, I'm not paying all that money just to boo.

Sat, Nov 24

Sat, Dec 1

Sat, Dec 22

Fri, Dec 28

Sat, Dec 29
6 minutes ago, Destino said:

Worse, I think he’s culpable.  The team has imploded, and leadership on every level is to blame.  GM, head coach, and self proclaimed leader on the floor.  Each of them has failed notably in their own way and each failure contributed to this collapse.  The infection now has to be cut out.

For what it’s worth I think Wall was poisoned by the culture on this team, but he seems to clearly be part of the problem now.

I have to see him with a new coach and GM before I sign off on giving up on him like that.  I think if anything he's the most frustrated because he cares the most, plus you get rid of him, you might as well get rid of everyone.  Either we're trying to save the ship or we're trying to intentionally sink it, I'd rather the new GM make that call.  For all we know, a new guy could come in, sit Wall down and be like "Look..." 

13 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

yes, he is

even if you fix the laziness, he's still a ball dominant guard who can't shoot

Can't shoot threes or can't shoot?  Ball dominant, or stuck in an offense that's so GD lazy all they do is give him the ball every play?

3 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Can't shoot threes or can't shoot?  Ball dominant, or stuck in an offense that's so GD lazy all they do is give him the ball every play?

Wall has shown little no inclination to wanting to move without the ball. Watch him, when he doesn't have the ball, he doesn't move out of a 2ft diameter

most of this is the organizations fault, but I also don't think these are traits he is capable of overcoming. Its been building for the organization to pin all of this on Wall and he has just enough legitimate faults to make it stick to people who don't care to do any digging.

4 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Nets may be the cheapest. Plus we get to see how happy Jarred Dudley is now. 

2 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Charlotte game.  Need to watch Kemba hang 40+.

I'm game for both, I live on the yellow line, so getting to Chinatown is easy for me.  Ya'll serious, let me know, I'm down.

@BRAVEONAWARPATH where you been, man, they done drove you crazy yet?

3 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

Wall has shown little no inclination to wanting to move without the ball. Watch him, when he doesn't have the ball, he doesn't move out of a 2ft diameter

I haven’t watched a game in weeks but to my recollection none of them do. It’s gotta be coaching. 

most of this is the organizations fault, but I also don't think these are traits he is capable of overcoming. Its been building for the organization to pin all of this on Wall and he has just enough legitimate faults to make it stick to people who don't care to do any digging.

Agree here though so i dunno. I’m back and forth. I wanna move Wall while he has value. But I don’t think he has much. And I wanna keep him cause I like him. Favorite player. But I also know if we move the GM and the Coach and keep Wall and most of the players then we haven’t really gotten deep enough. 

Feels bad, man. Lol

4 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Charlotte game.  Need to watch Kemba hang 40+.

I can get with that if the majority is down

5 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

And I'm convinced its because no one is telling him to.  I mean, hell, how often do we see Otto checking text messages in the corner?  It's been one **** show offense after the other, we really going down the "Wall is a Cancer" route?  If we do, Ernie wins, **** that dude.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

And I'm convinced its because no one is telling him to.  I mean, hell, how often do we see Otto checking text messages in the corner?  It's been one **** show offense after the other, we really going down the "Wall is a Cancer" route?  If we do, Ernie wins, **** that dude.

Wall is an emotional dude. I sincerely don't think he's listened to a soul in that building since the "everybody eats" thing started

1 minute ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Ooooh!  Skins/Eagles is the day after Charlotte.

Might make a weekend of it.

1 minute ago, Llevron said:

I can get with that if the majority is down

And Charlotte takes the lead... I'm already committing to the Eagles game with my dad as that will be my last home game of the year unless we get a playoff game.  Gotta stop by ES Tailgate one more time with some Honey Whiskey, for a good cause of course.

3 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

I changed my mind on my sign, that should be the new motto of the revolution.  

Image result for make it so star trek

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

And Charlotte takes the lead... I'm already committing to the Eagles game with my dad as that will be my last home game of the year unless we get a playoff game.  Gotta stop by ES Tailgate one more time with some Honey Whiskey, for a good cause of course.

$15 upper deck seats on Stubhub.

• Like 2

I think in order to enjoy the NBA you have to give up any notions of loyalty. Take me for instance... favorite team is Golden State. 2nd favorite used to be the Cavaliers but now I hate them.

Some of you guys right now are thinking unkind things about me because you’ve remained loyal to the Wizards throughout the years to which I say, “Yeah? How’s that working out for you?”

It’s a stupid league and the Wizards were never going to win a championship. Everyone... players, coaches, executives, and fans are going to be a lot happier now that they are coming to the same realization as I have. Giving up is the smart thing to do.

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff

At least they're playing defense now.

Funny how you can actually defend and get rebounds when you put a real center on the court.  Funny how it takes a half to figure this out even after our small ball line up has been getting destroyed all year.  Funny how we just now seem to be realizing that Sato is one of our five best players and he should be playing with Wall, Beal, and Porter.

Wall is an emotional dude. I sincerely don't think he's listened to a soul in that building since the "everybody eats" thing started

Here's my thing on emotional: I'd rather have to turn it down then have to figure out how to turn it up. 

I don't entirely disagree with your statement, I think he started tuning people out last year, but I also think a lot of people did.  This team turned on Brooks last season, its just coming to head now.  They have ZERO respect for him, what we're seeing is why Wall will never be able to run for political office.

I come back to Beal taking the board from Brooks and showing Dwight a play this season, but just because a player can make a franchise relevant doesn't mean they can change a culture by themselves.  I say you try to save Wall at all costs before giving up on a talent like that.  I'm not always right, I know this, but there's no going back from getting rid of him and I don't believe us as fans should be the ones making that call, it should be the new GM.

2 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Funny how you can actually defend and get rebounds when you put a real center on the court.  Funny how it takes a half to figure this out even after our small ball line up has been getting destroyed all year.  Funny how we just now seem to be realizing that Sato is one of our five best players and he should be playing with Wall, Beal, and Porter.

Brooks is very bad.