Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

22 hours ago, Destino said:

Now ask yourself if this conversation, and follow through, has ever happened with the Wizards.  Front offices can definitely set expectations of professionalism and effort, target players that fit this profile, and act to get rid of players that for whatever reason do not meet these expectations.

That was just a depressing read.

It is just flat out crazy that Ernie wasn't fired after the Arenas gun incident.

I am just baffled at this point in what the team ownership sees in Ernie.

2 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Thats all Brooks. They shouldnt even have time to do that. 

I don't buy that. Literally every coach on this team has had difficulties setting a disciplined tone, with a myriad of different players.

If the players are being enabled by the front office and team ownership, the coach can't really do much.

I am beginning to suspect that Ernie and Ted are fond of having close access to their players, in a way that might be undermining the coaches authority.

Well yea that makes me sense when you say it that way. But I never heard of them being on the phones during halftime before this season so im placing that right at brooks' feet. AND if he had a problem with it and was overruled then I would call him weak for the fact that he has no control over the locker room

8 minutes ago, CrypticVillain said:

I’m reading this as something Pierce went through when he was here... How is that on Brooks? Or maybe I’m missing something. Didn’t watch the video.

I didnt read OR watch the video. So.....maybe I will do that before offering further opinions. 

Maybe. 

14 minutes ago, CrypticVillain said:

I’m reading this as something Pierce went through when he was here... How is that on Brooks? Or maybe I’m missing something. Didn’t watch the video.

He said that when he was with the Wizards a few years ago that everyone was on their phones at halftime checking instagram and twitter seeing what was being said about them after the first half.  So, not in the Brooks era.

Edited by Dont Taze Me Bro

17 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Seriously, how much you want to bet they're still doing that?  Have you seen their "halftime adjustments" in games versus teams with losing records?  Wall's comments about some players playing for stats doesn't shock me, probably checking the box score between halves.

That's why I posted it.

Yes it was a few years ago now, but it just shows the culture that seems to be firmly in place here. Impossible to say if its still going on, but it wouldn't surprise me if it is. **** like that affects the on court results, and we still see the same issues from the Wittman era present in the Brooks era.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

We would rout the Rockets immediately after losing to the Hawks...

And we all saw this coming.  Inconsistent effort is this team's indentity.  

People want to blame our roster, but our roster is far too talented to play as bad as they have at times.  Yes Gortat and Ian are bad, but they aren't so bad that this team should struggle to beat teams like the Nets and Hawks.  That's a collective failure. 

6 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

How hard is it to learn how to screen? I feel like our first rounder could take Marcin's role and excel if he could set a screen. 

This team is frustratingly inconsistent. Great game though. 

Apparently it's very difficult because we only have one big that's any good at it.