Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Nah, we wanted it more then Boston, now Atlanta wants it more then us. 

I can see us in playoffs playing tough, up tour competition, and losing games we have cold shooting.  They are playing with fire letting these team with losing records get by them in the regular season in regards to seeding.  They are in danger of not even winning their division, so much talent it's mindnumbing.

They are also in danger of having a losing record to teams with losing records and winning record against teams with winning records.  Am I the only one that wants to see Wall start yelling at people?

Just now, Chachie said:

I'm not sure, but I think this is my first post in this thread of the 2017-2018 season. They don't have it, friends. They are what their record is. Average.

I used to do that in some classes in high school.  Halfass or not do the homework, then get As of the quiz es and tests.  I'd get Cs when I should be getting As.

5 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

The common denominator with the teams that have upset us is rebounds and points in the paint. They have ilyasovA and plumblee grabbing everything in the paint. We need a center in the worst way. 

The common denominator is this team not giving two ****s about effort until too late. Lazy ass defense, ****ty ass offense, and stupid play. ****ing pisses me off. Talent wise this team is second to the Cavs in the east. They don’t deserve to make the playoffs. 

EDIT: With the starters on the floor, a simple screen should not lead to an easy, uncontested layup for the opposing PG. yet there it is. Over. And over. And over. 

Edited by Popeman38
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Popeman38 said:

EDIT: With the starters on the floor, a simple screen should not lead to an easy, uncontested layup for the opposing PG. yet there it is. Over. And over. And over. 

All. ****ing. Night.

I don't get it.

And I'm sure they'll hang in there all night with HOU on Fri...

Edited by CRobi21

I'm telling you all. It really is a simple problem. There is literally no defensive presence in the paint with Marcin on the floor. And if the other team misses their wide open layup, with a little effort it's an easy rebound. We are getting killed on the boards every night. Additionally, dude has never been able to defend out to the perimeter. Guys like ilyasova and Horford will absolutely kill this team every time with Marcin guarding them. 

Ian isn't much better, but that's mostly because he gets caught reaching far too often and he's injury prone. If we upgrade the starting 5, we are a 50-win team. 

The entire 4th they had plumblee and ersan on the floor. That means atl had every missed shot on either end on the floor. That's huge. Morris can try all he wants, but he's not getting a rebound over those two. 

Edited by Skin'emAlive

8 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

I'm telling you all. It really is a simple problem. There is literally no defensive presence in the paint with Marcin on the floor. And if the other team misses their wide open layup, with a little effort it's an easy rebound. We are getting killed on the boards every night. Additionally, dude has never been able to defend out to the perimeter. Guys like ilyasova and Horford will absolutely kill this team every time with Marcin guarding them.

Gortat didn't play in the 4th quarter.  Hard to pin this loss on him when he wasn't on the floor. 

What I saw was bad execution and no energy.  I've seen it many times this season.

4 minutes ago, Destino said:

Gortat didn't play in the 4th quarter.  Hard to pin this loss on him when he wasn't on the floor. 

What I saw was bad execution and no energy.  I've seen it many times this season.

The fact that we couldn't play him is the problem. They had 2 bigs, we had none. To put it more simply, without interior defense and rebounding, this team is going to lose every time when the shot isn't falling. 

10 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

The fact that we couldn't play him is the problem. They had 2 bigs, we had none. To put it more simply, without interior defense and rebounding, this team is going to lose every time when the shot isn't falling. 

I get that having two bad centers is a problem.  But that doesn't explain the offense, why guys are jogging behind the play, the body language, or the fact that the starting unit's perimeter defense is absolute garbage.  Yes an upgrade at center would make the team better, there's no question that it would help, but you're kidding yourself if think the only issues are that our bigs aren't better defensively. 

• Like 1