Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

I can completely see where you are coming from.  Its just hard to watch over the past two months.  I had hopes that coming out of the break they would change things up a bit and get a second wind.  Its been even more dreadful than before it.  Its just really hard to watch a team jack up 18 footers and clank all evening all the while looking completely lost on the other side of the floor. 

For the few who do eat, sleep and breathe this team, my hat's off to you.  The Redskins soak up about all of the negativity I can muster as a sports fan and by the time we get to this point in the season with the Wizards, I've just got no F's left to give.  It's a shame because these NBA playoffs, predominantly the West, are shaping up to be really exciting.  It would be nice for the Wiz to add to that but with trade deadline passed, its just not possible.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome

Bad GMing and truly awful coaching are the bottom line for our failures in the Wall era.

Other than that though, we're money. :rolleyes:  How many of us last season said Wittman was fool's gold and let him walk? Now hopefully Ernie can walk with him. But Ted won't do it. Oh well, at least there's still the Nats.  :unsure:

• Like 1

Was listening to the radio on my way in to work today. One of the Wizards beat reporters, can't remember the name, said on the Andy Pollin show that he doesn't expect Wittman to be fired. He kept reiterating how it's about the effort, and the team has lost confidence in one another, that it the same plays were working earlier this season.

What a moron. Has he never heard of defenses adapting to what an offense does? Why is Navy the only football team anywhere that still runs the option???  To his credit, he is closer to the team than any of us, and maybe he's heard some things that tell him what the FO is thinking, but I sure hope it isn't true. 

I know a lot of you guys are hanging in there with this team but my POV is this- I've spent over 40 years watching them, cheering them, jeering them, and ultimately always being disappointed in them.

I don't have time for losing anymore. There simply comes a time when you have to cut the chord until they prove to be as good a team as you are a fan. I'm not even claiming I need a championship. I've just been waiting humbly for a team that makes noise in the playoffs for more than one season in a row. 40+ years. I'm tired. I'm cranky.

After they lost 5 in a row this season, I called an epic fail for the remainder. I was right. They have simply gone fishing. So, I'm going fishing. I'll be back when they win 5 in a row but I'm not investing any emotion (or precious time) into the Wizards right now.

Don't blame you. You said everything I feel year after year. 37th straight year of not even contending for anything but a first round exit. This team should be on pace for 50 wins. I went over the schedule and we blew 10 winnable games. We should be 45-18. I suppose I'll be back next year, but not nearly as excited as I was this year. This team has been a big kick in the nuts this year. I need ice. Edited by pjfootballer
  • Like 2

how long have you been a Bullets/Wizards fan?

I remember being upset about trading Hamilton for Stackhouse, if that helps answer your question. Thought it was interesting this season when we were second best team in the east and the "loser free zone" concerning mention the redskins. My response was how many years back this thread has gone, probably same as you.

All that and still here (tho I'll admit, 40 years is a long time)

Edited by Renegade7

God even their trivia question is bull****: "Which is the only team to clinch a playoff spot so far this season?"

Good game, we dominated them. Watching Charlotte's game broadcast made me feel good about the Wizards. For all you can say about us, at least we're not Charlotte.

Their sideline reporter is a bitty though.