Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

It's obvious that coaching is holding this team back. Shoot, if we need one example of what impact a good coach can have compared to a mediocre one, look no further than the team we played last night.

That being said, we're just going to have to ride this season out. I didn't expect much from this season to begin with outside maybe a 50 win season. All I wanted was for Wall and Beal to get better. I see Wall getting better, Beal just can't seem to stay healthy.

I'll watch the games, I'll enjoy them. I'll enjoy the playoffs too. And if this season ends with Whitman getting fired, that's a huge win for me,  

Ship is sinking.  Wouldn't be surprised if we finish the season 41-41.  If there is a silver lining, I'm 100% sure Wittman will be canned.  He's lost the team.

Yep he's lost them. He's lost all of us. You'd think no coach could survive such a profound loss of confidence from the locker room and fan base. But I don't totally trust Ted and I'm not sure he'll fire him.

Ted didn't fire Ernie in 2012 even though he didn't actually have to fire him, just needed to hire somebody else. Confidence couldn't possibly have been lower in Ernie at that point.

• Like 1

Yep he's lost them. He's lost all of us. You'd think no coach could survive such a profound loss of confidence from the locker room and fan base. But I don't totally trust Ted and I'm not sure he'll fire him.

Ted didn't fire Ernie in 2012 even though he didn't actually have to fire him, just needed to hire somebody else. Confidence couldn't possibly have been lower in Ernie at that point.

Another thing...I saw two names floated around on BF.  Kevin Ollie and Shaka Smart.  While I think BOTH would be excellent coaching candidates here in DC, they will no doubt cost $$$$$$.  Also, look at the salaries guys like Fisher, Kerr, and Kidd are making as coaches.  Deep down, do we think that the Wizards would pony up that kind of money? 

I do think Wittman will be fired, but I'm a little scared as to who will be brought in due to potential penny pinching. 

Wall is still his guy, according to Buckhantz.

Wall is still his guy, according to Buckhantz.

That's a cop out by Ted and Ernie. Wall doesn't get paid to evaluate coaches and turning on one is a dangerous thing. It can go well or it can be taken by the media as proof he's a head case and once they land on a narrative, the truth is irrelevant.

I wouldn't want Wall to quit on him or any coach. But he doesn't need to be in charge of hiring and firing coaches. This is where the FO needs to recognize the problem and fire Wittman like Golden State's FO did with Jackson.

I agree, but that is not the point I am making.

He has not lost the entire team if the best player still loves playing for him.

That's a cop out by Ted and Ernie. Wall doesn't get paid to evaluate coaches and turning on one is a dangerous thing. It can go well or it can be taken by the media as proof he's a head case and once they land on a narrative, the truth is irrelevant.

I am not saying Wittman shouldnt be fired.

I am responding to the "Wittman has lost the entire team" line that keeps being thrown around this thread. He hasnt.

I've wanted Wittman gone the last 3 years, so I clearly don't care what Wall thinks.

Before the season, no one liked Wittman. 30 games in, everyone loved the way he coached and rotated players. Now, he is hated. Lol. I'm going to stick with him being a mediocre coach with little knowledge of his player's strengths and weaknesses. Not a very good X's and O's coach from what I have seen either.

Wish I could watch this team more but it's hard when you are on the west coast without the NBA package. I still like the depth of the team, but they are erratic. Nene is either off or on. Webster used to be a threat, I don't know what happened to him. Sucks that Beal is hurt.

I think you're exaggerating how many people were happy with Whittman.

• Like 1

I think you're exaggerating how many people were happy with Whittman.

A lot of people begrudgingly acknowledged that he'd earned another year. He coached better down the stretch and in the post season last year against the bulls (the pacers series was a disaster). The concern with him has always been his horrible offense, this year it's blowing up in his face because the shooters aren't hitting and he can't adjust. There is never a plan B with Wittman.