Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

This is the kind of loss that should cost a coach his job or at least put him on notice that his job is on the line. They've been blown out 3 if the last 4 games and have been in an absolute death spiral.

Coaches with no answers should have no job security.

• Like 1

First time posting to this thread, and frankly it shows my frustration with this team and head coach that I would even feel

the need this year to seek out a place to **** and moan about a franchise that was "expected" to take it to the next level.

Whitman surely needs to go..

Wittman only sees the end of this season if he turns this around before Ernie and Ted feel that they have to do something. Don't underestimate how bad the pressure will get if the wizards continue to slide (and get blown out more often than not). ESPN is starting to talk about the wizards falling off. If they slide all the way under .500 the questions will go from "why hasn't Randy been fired" to "is Ernie is asleep at the wheel?"

Sees the end of this season? He shouldnt even be allowed back from Minnesota. He threw everyone on the team under the bus, and now Gortat and Wall have quit on him. Thats a death sentence. The two highest paid players, and well respected dont feel like playing for you anymore. Get rid of him and start the transition for new GM now. In all of Wall's time here, he has never ever quit trying until last night and the end of the Golden State game. You can see it in his eyes and body language. Its over.

Beyond all the other obvious deficiencies we have talked about for years on this board. It is time to make a move.

Secondly, i just want to point out to you all that Andre Miller just played almost 30 minutes and the Kings beat Memphis last night. Whatever man. I told you all that he was not our problem, and that he should have been playing more. But no... he got scapegoated for Wittman, and now we are stuck with #MaynorTime2.0

TEd really took a shot at Randy and Ernie today

The Wizards are truly struggling, and suffered a bad road loss last night, as well. Playing a second game of a back to back, with several players not dressing or leaving the game with injury, we seemed to lack confidence and intensity.

The spacing on the floor is not positive right now as we lacked some three point shooting options, and teams are defending us by stacking the paint. To be out scored by 20 points at the free throw line last night is really indicative of how much we are struggling on the offensive end of the floor. In today's NBA, three point shooting and foul shots are so very vital, running the floor to get lay ups as the efficient 2 point shot is also key. We haven't been executing those sets well; and our record of late is concerning to all.

http://tedstake.monumentalnetwork.com/2015/02/26/double-dose-of-loss

Edited by JoeWolf990

"In today's NBA, three point shooting and foul shots are so very vital, running the floor to get lay ups as the efficient 2 point shot is also key."

That is a shot at Randy's offense.  Didn't think Ted had it in him. 

Im going to counter that with the fact that 'Dre looked great last season and Antonio Daniels.

I should have said "under Randy Wittman" and 'Dre looked good because he scored in the post, not as a point guard in this offense.  Also not consistently because he's 109 years old. 

Even when we do get good looks at the 3 ball, they straight up brick.  Butler was on fire to start the season and has really came back to reality since January.  Pierce was also hitting big from deep early on and has since showed his age greatly except for random spots. You can't pin the entire downfall of the season on that, but not having a weapon from 3 kills this team.  Then on the other end of the court we are giving them away all night long.  When I think back to earlier in the season successes, a lot of it was based on making shots that we no longer make.  We were also pushing the ball up the floor and not getting into our sets as much as we appear to be of late.  The real reason Wittman infuriates me is that he has been seeing this every single night for months and nothing changes.  Its like hes just banking on hope that we will get hot again.

Dre' looked good running the AARP unit. There is no denying that. He knew when to kick it out for perimeter shots, and how to get others involved. He really made the second unit work. Then we went completely away from perimeter shooting this season in favor of Seraphin hook shots and Humphries mid-range madness. Dude could play for another 2-3 years. I guarantee it. Go back and watch Dre playing defense in the Toronto game a week or two ago. He was moving as good as Temple has ever moved. If he was 109, then why is he playing almost 30 min? Dude still has game and is 1000x the player Sessions will ever be.

Its the design of the offense and Wittman's awful game plan.

Its not that we dont have shooters, its that the plays getting them the shots are blown up now. atleast 40% of the three's we were getting early on were wall's superman jump pass. Well, now teams are just running butler or insert other shooter off the 3pt line and jumping all passing lanes. Seriously, we are going to have about 40 turnovers in Milwaukee if we run the same plays. Its not the players, its the system. We've been found out. And nothing has changed.