Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why Was Danny Smith Allowed To Keep A Job? The all things Danny Smith Thread(Merged & M.E.T.)

McD5

If he goes, fine, if he stays, OK so long as the results stay the same.

~Bang

I expected more out of you when it came to this Bang. Frankly I am dissapointed.

Come on... look at him chewing that gum! It's like he doesn't even care!

dannysmithgum.jpg

2012: 27th

2011: 21st

2010: 25th

2009: 23rd

2008: 25th

2007: 16th

2006: 11th

2005: 9th

2004: 31st

Okay, I get this, what's your point? :pfft:

That's pretty damn bad ... not sure what other value he brings. I mean, he has to bring something else? I know he's seem to be pretty active on the sidline when it came to game managment (i.e. calling timeouts, etc.)

Any ideas on IF Smith walks who is available to take his position with us as our new ST coach?

our choice of many many many young upcoming coaches just pumped for the job.

He reminds me of a dog.. he gets riled up and starts barking and running up and down the fence.

Even though i've softened on him, i still can't stand seeing him anywhere near the head coach.

~Bang

It does feel like whenever Shanny makes a boneheaded challenge, Danny is right there talking to him. Coincidence? Probably. But I don't care

Love the Mr. Irrelevant stats on Smith's unit.

2012: 27th

2011: 21st

2010: 25th

2009: 23rd

2008: 25th

2007: 16th

2006: 11th

2005: 9th

2004: 31st

Epic.

I still don't care if the Steelers sign him. I think Special teams coach is a spot where they could upgrade the most easily.

Nevermind that you ignore the revolving talent over that time period. I guess people value coaches who can turn :pooh: into gold, and maybe Smith isn't THAT good. It is funny his best years tend to be when this team had the most stability during the Gibbs years.

Thought I'd look and see where the drop is, and the big drop came in punt, and I assume punt coverage. Rocca's stats are a little down, but doesn't seem to account for the nearly 20 point drop. Maybe it has to do with field position.

Nevermind that you ignore the revolving talent over that time period. I guess people value coaches who can turn :pooh: into gold, and maybe Smith isn't THAT good. It is funny his best years tend to be when this team had the most stability during the Gibbs years.

Thought I'd look and see where the drop is, and the big drop came in punt, and I assume punt coverage. Rocca's stats are a little down, but doesn't seem to account for the nearly 20 point drop. Maybe it has to do with field position.

I'd imagine it was the return game. Banks was so so on kick returns and poor on punt returns - it was not until he was benched that we broke a decent punt return. Kick coverage was good and once we changed kickers our FG kicking was excellent. Banks was supposedly Smiths guy so his failings fall back on Smith.

I'd imagine it was the return game. Banks was so so on kick returns and poor on punt returns - it was not until he was benched that we broke a decent punt return. Kick coverage was good and once we changed kickers our FG kicking was excellent. Banks was supposedly Smiths guy so his failings fall back on Smith.

Banks won't be back.

I'm not going to bother defending him but doesn't anyone find it odd that other than fans on this board, any time you hear his name it's about how he's well respected around the league?

Again, don't really want to defend him but just always thought that was interesting.

I'm not going to bother defending him but doesn't anyone find it odd that other than fans on this board, any time you hear his name it's about how he's well respected around the league?

Again, don't really want to defend him but just always thought that was interesting.

I've noticed that, too. Are they seeing something we're not (and vice versa)? I mean, we watch Redskins games every week, but they're NFL insiders.

How the rankings are figured per Mr. Irrev

"Football Outsiders explains it’s “an estimate of how many points, compared to league average, each team receives from the five elements of special teams: field goals/extra points, kickoffs, kick returns, punts, punt returns. The total is then converted into a DVOA percentage so that it can be added in to offense and defense to create total team DVOA.

Field goal rating compares each field goal to the league-average percentage of field goals from that distance. Yards of field position from the other four elements of special teams are translated into points using a method that gives each yard line a point value based on the average next score an NFL offense is worth from that point on the field. Kickoffs and punts are based on net yardage. Kickoff returns and punt returns are judged on return yardage only. These numbers are then adjusted for weather and altitude based on stadium type (cold, warm, dome, Denver) and week.”"

Did Shaun Suisham recommend Danny for the Special Teams job?

He is from Pittsburgh and would have better personnel to work with Steelers.

Danny had a chance to go to Broncos last year and stayed with us.Has been here since Gibbs Days.

Assistant Hightower came with Kyle from Texans.

Archived