Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Haynesworth Interview with Kevin & Rock 106.7 The Fan (9/25)

TheDiplomat

Come on folks. If people haven't looked at Landry and seen a much more motivated and productive ballplayer in 2010 at SS than he had been at FS in 2008 and 2009, then they must need glasses :laugh:

I agree that Andre Carter has been one of the weak spots so far. Those deep screens were all set up to his side and he was suckered out of the play by his aggressiveness. His instincts are still to rush the passer.

Haynesworth is going to say a LOT of different things at different times. People should stop HATING him and then alternatively LIKING him based on what he says week to week.

He's taking you guys for a ride.

Expect NOTHING from him and accept that ANYTHING he gives the team is a bonus and you won't be disappointed.

In my estimation, Albert is one good game away from being back in good graces. He's going to get a crap-load of snaps this week with Bryant being out, so this could be his time.

If he can make an impact at NT, Haslett will give him some looks at DE, and may eventually start him there before the season is up. Everyone must know by now, that putting him at NT exclusively has been the coaches way of passive aggressively getting him to buy in.

They may have wished to trade him back in April, before they got the D put together, because his strength is clearly getting in the backfield, not maintaining a gap. Still, he stayed on the roster for a reason. That reason is most likely that Haslett felt he could convince him to willingly platoon his skills along the DL.

The truth is this coaching staff/defense's strength is putting players in position to attack the offense. Haynesworth could be a backfield monster in certain looks from the DE spot, and you can bet this staff would line him up there if he showed some commitment.

The one ingredient that could solve the recipe troubles between Haynesworth and this staff is winning. You can bet IF the 'Skins continue to compete their way to relevance in this season, Albert will buy in, and be the disruptive force that Romo sits to pee, Manning, and whichever Eagles QB the 'Skins may face, will not want to face...

Hate to break it some here, putting aside Albert's personality or conduct issues, you can't compare a FS/SS transition with one-gap DT and NT (or even DE) in a 3-4. The only guy that stands out that would have been fantastic at DE in either scheme was Bruce Smith. Perhaps the late Reggie White (RIP), but likely you'd want him to be worried about just getting upfield and destroying anyone in his way.

But for the most part, while a guy could be 'competent' making a switch I can't imagine a "prime" Warren Sapp playing 3-4 NT or even DE. It's a waste of his ability. I'd say the transition is more like moving a guy from MLB to OLB but perhaps worse. Sure, some can adjust but would you waste Lawrence Taylor at MLB?

:applause:

I'm excited to see more sacks as Albert is predicting we'll see. Al's one big talent as a DL is getting after the QB. I understand his frustration at switching to a 3-4 DL as their assignments usally focus around freeing up the LB's to get the pressure. We didn't bring him to Washington and pay him 40 mill guaranteed to occupy blockers. Whether or not we run a 4-3, he should be getting penetration. We need to put him in a position to do that. Bottom line.

All that mess about him taking the money and not agreeing with the D scheme is in the past at this point. Now it's all about getting him on the field making plays. He's not getting traded and he's not doing us any good sitting on the sidelines. It's time for action.

Also, dude talkinga bout running routes on DHall is funny.

Hate to break it some here, putting aside Albert's personality or conduct issues, you can't compare a FS/SS transition with one-gap DT and NT (or even DE) in a 3-4. The only guy that stands out that would have been fantastic at DE in either scheme was Bruce Smith. Perhaps the late Reggie White (RIP), but likely you'd want him to be worried about just getting upfield and destroying anyone in his way.

But for the most part, while a guy could be 'competent' making a switch I can't imagine a "prime" Warren Sapp playing 3-4 NT or even DE. It's a waste of his ability. I'd say the transition is more like moving a guy from MLB to OLB but perhaps worse. Sure, some can adjust but would you waste Lawrence Taylor at MLB?

The first game this season, we saw an NT in a 3-4 defense beat double teams and make a difference. Trouble was, he was a cowpuke. So please, considering what we saw JUST TWO WEEKS AGO, playing NT is not "a waste".

Even if you're a one gap DT in a 4-3, you're going to face double-teams. especially on passing downs. Fat Boy hasn't been asked to do anything more than what he was asked at Tennesee, and probably less two-gap than Blanche was putting him in last season. Fat Boy still has to beat the same guys he would have in his "old" defense.

There is no comparison between situation A: (Playing a 4th linebacker who sometimes follows the tight end, then playing a secondary position at centerfield trying to cover WRs and intercept RBs in open field), and situation B: (Playing an interior defensive tackle who tries to keep one gap responsibility on run and rush if it's a pass, then playing an interior defensive tackle who tries to play two-gap on run and rush the pass). The guy in situation A is having to use different skillsets. If the guy in situation B complains, he's just being a whiny *****!

I'm watching an NFL Films Presents show on Ray Lewis.

There is a round-table discussion with Marvin Lewis, Mike Singletary, Mike Smith, Jack DelRio, Rex Ryan, and John Harbaugh. These coaches are talking about what a dedicated, committed, student of the game Ray is.

This Albert situation is SOOO frustrating because he has Ray Lewis-type talent, but has repeatedly wasted his potential.

The worst part about watching this type of talent rot on the team? Sean Taylor, god rest his soul, was beginning to show Ray Lewis-type dedication to the game. Thank God for Orakpo and a rejuvenated Landry, because up until these first few weeks of the 2010 season, it was looking like our most talented player didn't give a rat's ass about playing football.:2cents:

Now this makes front page ESPN news... how wonderful... please just put him on the Inactive list for the next 14 games and send him to Oakland for a 2018 3rd Round pick in the offseason....

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5617037

WASHINGTON -- Albert Haynesworth said Saturday his $100 million contract doesn't make him a slave to the Washington Redskins.

In an interview with 106.7 The Fan, the two-time All-Pro defensive tackle said the big paychecks don't mean he can't push back when the team asks him to play a different position.

Haynesworth, who rarely speaks to the media, was upset this year when the Redskins switched to a 3-4 defense and told him he would be playing nose tackle.

Haynesworth protested by staying away from the team's offseason conditioning program and practices. He also skipped a mandatory minicamp and was unable to pass the team's conditioning test until the 10th day of training camp -- all despite receiving a $21 million bonus on April 1.

"I guess in this world we don't have a lot of people with, like, backbones," Haynesworth said. "Just because somebody pay you money don't mean they'll make you do whatever they want or whatever. I mean, does that mean everything is for sale?

"I mean, I'm not for sale. Yeah, I signed the contract and got paid a lot of money, but ... that don't mean I'm for sale or a slave or whatever."

Haynesworth said it was agreed that he would play defensive tackle in a 4-3 system when he signed with the Redskins in 2009, but the team has since overhauled its front office, coaching staff and offensive and defensive schemes. He said he now likes the new scheme better as he works with defensive coordinator Jim Haslett.

Haynesworth made a passing reference to his disputes with coach Mike Shanahan, saying some things "went down with me and Mike," but he did not elaborate. He also said he doesn't like the spotlight and would rather be someone who can just "go to Wal-Mart and hang out."

Haynesworth implied he would be playing in Sunday's game against the St. Louis Rams. He was used as a backup in the season opener against Dallas and missed last week's game against Houston with a sprained ankle.

He needs to just shut the **** up and play. Jesus Christ. "Doesn't mean I'm a slave". What an absolute idiot. How exactly does doing what the coaches ask of you mean you're a slave? It's your job to listen to your coaches and go out and play. You're not a coach, fat ass. You are a player. Now, do what the coaches ask of you. Do what you are paid a RIDICULOUS amount of money to do.

****ing crybaby.

of course of the entire interview few parts that does put Albert in good light gets completely overlooked for the one liners...

"There is zero, zero distractions or animosity or anything in the locker room," Haynesworth said. "I mean, we're a team, we're family, we're brothers. We're always joking, always acting crazy and all that stuff. I mean, there's nothing from the locker room. Everything is outside. I can say that and put my hand on the Bible and everything. I promise you. There is nothing like that happening in the locker room. I mean, it's a perfect locker room. I mean, right up to the packages and stuff."

Haynesworth on the fame: "I'm just normal. I don't really like the spotlight, to be honest. I like just to play football and be normal, be a guy that can go to Walmart and just hang out or just be a normal guy. That's what I like. I don't like the fame or whatever notoriety that comes with this job, but I do love the game, love to play it."
Haynesworth on buying flatscreens for Redskins employees last year: "The ladies that work for us and stuff, they do a lot for us, I got them TVs....The equipment room guys and the training room guys, guys that definitely help us out. Every year, every team I've been on, they always got money from guys, or a few hundred dollars, and everybody put that in a pot and they would split it and divide it and give it to them. Well, instead of just giving that,I decided just to go and do TVs or something like that, and this year too I'll do something else, something else cool that I'll give em."

What an idiot :doh: is this guy for real? A SLAVE??? Why play the race card and portray SYNDER, ALLEN, and SHANNY as slave owners he is gone for sure now but getting to see how Shanny works thus far chances are he will try and humble AH even more now. Please get him off my team. I don't care if he plays and has 7 sacks in todays game I just can't root for him anylonger and no one on the board should either becasue if u do your validating his actions...if Tony Dungy was our HC he and asked him to play in the 3-4 he would be in the papers calling it BLACK ON BLACK CRIME anyway to play the victim..at this point I hope he goes out like Plaxico....goes to a club but instead of having the gun in in sweatpants he hides it under his hat and it goes off..... Do us all a favor.

What an idiot :doh: is this guy for real? A SLAVE??? Why play the race card and portray SYNDER, ALLEN, and SHANNY as slave owners he is gone for sure now but getting to see how Shanny works thus far chances are he will try and humble AH even more now. Please get him off my team. I don't care if he plays and has 7 sacks in todays game I just can't root for him anylonger and no one on the board should either becasue if u do your validating his actions...if Tony Dungy was our HC he and asked him to play in the 3-4 he would be in the papers calling it BLACK ON BLACK CRIME anyway to play the victim..at this point I hope he goes out like Plaxico....goes to a club but instead of having the gun in in sweatpants he hides it under his hat and it goes off..... Do us all a favor.

dude did you even bother reading the interview or actually reading extended excerpts? AH didnt play the race card at all...

I think the point that he is trying to make is that, regardless of how much money he makes, he feels like that he has a right to voice his opinion. Signing that $100 million contract doesnt suddenly take that right away so he is willing stand up and voice his opinion on things he doesnt agree with. Although you may not like the dude but the dude does have a point.

I'm just wore out on this deal.

Does this man really understand how much 100 million dollars really is. I'll even go jump up and down about the 21 million for this year are you kidding me. God knows how many cities and counties across America don't have a budget of 21 million dollars. We ave teachers laid off and poorly paid, understaffed schools and programs being cut right and left. We have god knows how many legitimately disabled and severely ill people here in the good old USA and this fool is being paid 21 million dollars to stay in shape and play a game. He then wants to whine about having to play heads up on a center and not all the time either. GET ANOTHER JOB.

I've had a great life and live well compared to what my grand father and dad went through. I have no complaints I live a decent life and I'm retired comfortably and worked my butt off to get where I am.

Somebody needs to take a 2 x 4 to this dude. No better yet just tell him Al you finished. Now lets see how many million you can make.He won't be pulling up any of his boats anymore for a $10,000 dollar fillup for a afternoon joy ride I can guarantee you.

I've not posted much on here over the years but good lord this is so stupid. To me this is just a disgrace to all the Redskins before him that have gone all out and played their hearts and suffer physically today but they were proud athletes. I don't think he has any pride........... just money. He can't dominate anyone he's not in good enough condition to play more than two plays in a row all out, You can easily see that every time he plays.

Dan

of course of the entire interview few parts that does put Albert in good light gets completely overlooked for the one liners...

Yea, I didnt hear much in that interview to make me want to hate the guy.. I think he's probably tryin his best to play the 34 and unfortunately he's just not getting it as fast as some would like? I have no doubt that he will figure it out and return to being a force on D for us! Hopefully it starts today!! A couple good games and he'll probably be one of the teams most popular players.. :point2sky

Archived