Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Haynesworth Interview with Kevin & Rock 106.7 The Fan (9/25)

TheDiplomat

An everyone with brain activity pointed out how in the 4-3 he better suited rushing the passer from DE and how could he complain he was a rookie. Landry was called WHIFF the Wonder dog whil playing out of position of 5 watt light bulbs posted get rid of Landry threads until this spring. Carter was very good at DE in frisco and here then looked lost at frisco and is just getting by here. He is not in a position to say no coming off an injury is older and not financial set.

The skins still use players out of position and until they have enough draft picks and become attractive to free agents that fit their scheme they probably will continue to do so.

I do not blame Haynesworth for not wanting to be in a scheme when he had the choice to pick and there is a difference between an occupying NT and a attacking DT.

I can always turn to you for sanity.

I do not blame Haynesworth for not wanting to be in a scheme when he had the choice to pick and there is a difference between an occupying NT and a attacking DT.

You have to blame him for taking the check though. He knew what D he would be playing and what position in that D he would occupy when he accepted the 21M. Shanahan allowed him to be released outright and sign on with a 4-3 team if he desired. This is the reason AH can't be let off the hook.

for everyone saying NT to DT is a huge difference and comparing him to landry, how about trying this:

he hasn't played to find out if he can or can't do it. he has not stepped on the field and put any effort towards doing anything. if he spent as much time practicing as he did ****ing i'm sure he could make the adjustment. landry sucked at FS, he knew he was out of position and yet he played to the best of his ability because you loves this ****ing game.

there are guards playing tackle and tackles playing guards, guards playing centers, etc. all throughout the nfl. the difference is these guy want to play football. haynesworth is done. he could retire and be perfectly happy living a life with all the luxuries he's acquired from a few years of trying hard for 13 games.

make no mistake, he doesn't like football, he's just a natural talent who knew he could make some money doing it. meanwhile guys who make less than a game check in a year are risking their health going 110% and playing through injury no matter what just to get on the field.

if you defend haynesworth then you're just being a contrarian or actually lack moral fiber at this point.

You have to blame him for taking the check though. He knew what D he would be playing and what position in that D he would occupy when he accepted the 21M. Shanahan allowed him to be released outright and sign on with a 4-3 team if he desired. This is the reason AH can't be let off the hook.

I agree here. I don't blame Albert for not wanting to be put in a strange system which doesn't utilize his talents. But he had the chance to be free and not take the money. And it's not like ALbert wouldn't have gotten paid, basically, the team could tell anyone asking that it was just a schematic fit-issue and it's not that Albert was a problem child. And it would actually be mainly true.

Also, now that he's here it makes more sense for Albert to sell out for ONE YEAR, try to get a great season out of this thing (imagine hoisting a SB trophy playing out of position and going out for a new contract or trade plus extension) then if he shows himself to be a great team player, he'll get money and the right system with another team. He had the chance to get out before but decided he wanted the security of the 21 million. He has no one to blame (for that) but himself. That doesn't mean the Skins were kind of dumb to not make this more of a hybrid system to use Albert and LET HIM KNOW THAT (and to use AC and a couple of others better) and I'm not sure why a team would want Albert Haynesworth (personality aside) in a no 4-3 system, though Ratliff does seem to indicate you can be more than just a space-filler.

Anyone rationalizing Haynesworth's comments is completely delusional. This guy was paid $32 million in the worst economy of our lifetimes to play football. He spent the summer refusing to play and has remained a HUGE distraction to the team during the first three weeks of the season, not to mention that his out of shape behind was sitting in a luxury box during Game 2. I am a supporter of Bruce Allen and Mike Shanahan, but they made a major mistake not getting rid of this guy before the season started. Locker room cancers infect teams in ways they can't recover from. And as we just saw moments ago on NFL Countdown, Haynesworth continues to get more airtime in the national media than the team he is playing for, which is an embarrassment to the Redskins. CUT ALBERT NOW!

I think if Haynesworth had been on board from the beginning and been a good soldier about all this, he'd probably be playing more DE than NT. As it is, he only gets on the field a fraction of the time and it's at the nose in passing situations. His resistance and pouting is really what's keeping him at NT. If he hadn't acted like a clown, he'd still get time at NT, but he'd also be used more in general, and specifically at DE. He'd probably be all over the place on the line.

http://soundcloud.com/kevinandrock/albert-haynesworth-interview

Interview took place when the Skins landed in STL today.

Really hard to have a super strong emotion to this interview. Liked the fact that he said there is ZERO locker room distractions, their a brotherhood/family. Also liked that he bought some redskins staff members tv's. So he's not a total dick and he sounded somewhat human in this interview.

Still don't like the fact that DT to NT is such a big ****ing deal to him. You could hear it in his voice. He and the co-host both think he had a reason to be pissed about his position change (compared it to asking McNabb play WR which is COMPLETELY different considering it's not the same position) Also he still intends to skip OTA's next year.

All in all, hope he comes out and plays lights out the rest of the year and earns a starting spot. When he wants to beast on the field, the man can BEAST on the field. He knows that. We all know that. Time to show it.

EDIT:

Also wanted to post this pretty interesting tweet earlier in the day from Chris Russell

@Russellmania09

Two #Redskins sources say that Haynesworth was terrific in practice Thurs/Friday, one saying 'he was kicking everybody's ass' #nfl

I never heard of any SLAVE in history getting PAID, especially a 100 million contract. The Redskins tolerate him. Thats why there is no distraction. They went with out him last week so he needs to shut his mouth and play football. Not surprised at all 106.7 hater radio took the call. The other night god forbid on the way home I was listening to those losers angry at Shanny for not telling reporters Haynesworths status. The first too callers disagreed with them, lol. Get over it, I don't have a need to know what you claim is are right to know.

Nobody is asking Haynesworth to be a 'slave' for the $32M he was paid. No one is asking him to do anything degrading, immoral or illegal.

The fact HE thinks asking him to play in a 3-4 is akin to being a slave shows he really doesn't know anything about history or what people have suffered through in the past as human beings with a lot more dignity than he has shown.

Haynesworth , theres no way to explain the complete worthliness of this child. In this economy hes going to say taking 21 million from your employer doesnt make you a slave.

Since when did having the honor to play a childrens game for millions of dollars become linked to something cruel like slavery? Dude, this guy has got to go.

What a complete waste of oxygen this self absorbed , mindless, "Bust" is.

I will never understand the desire to hate a member of the team simply to hate a member of the team. He skipped 1 day of mandatory work this spring. 1. 1 day. He took 21 million in a year when there was no salary cap. None. He played an entire preseason game that 28 other players didn't even put shoulder pads on and didn't say a word. He has been directly vouched for by the captain of the offense, the captain of the defense, Cooley, and Portis. It seems like the team has gotten over the whole OTA's bit....why can't the fans?

@Russellmania09

Two #Redskins sources say that Haynesworth was terrific in practice Thurs/Friday, one saying 'he was kicking everybody's ass' #nfl

I guess that I shouldn't be surprised that OP .. anyone on this board FTM .. would find anything positive from this pantload's interview! Saying he's "not a slave" while getting paid $100-large is the most ridiculous and offensive thing that I've ever heard!

And that "twit?" Great. He plays like a beast during practice and then plays pattycake on Sundays. The guy is a total waste of skin. If anyone thinks he'll play well today (if at all), I have some swampland for sale!

Why don't they just play Al at 3-4 DE? Howie Long, who I guess knows about playing lineman, just said as much, that he likes what Hazlett has done with the D but if the go with AH's strength they'd be even better.

That's a perfectly legit question. It's as if if he doesn't play nose, he doesn't play at all. Let him do his thing at DE where he's most effective, maybe he'll be a little more into the proceedings.

Where's Ryman on this? I thought he'd be here asap. Haynesworth sucks, but he'll probably have a good game this week considering he had off last week.

Had a pretty good little saturday, hit up Ikea and then spent a few hours at the farmers market.

I am not a fan of people dropping the slavery card but I can see where AH is getting frustrated, he needs to hire a better PR guy lol

Bottom line, this defence is better with him on the field, and not at NT.

Bottom line, this defence is better with him on the field, and not at NT.

Really?! :doh:

What game were YOU watching (I used the singular "game," because Mr "I Only Want To Work Out With MY Trainer To Get 'IN' Shape" was too 'OUT' of shape to play last week!)

I see a guy who is totally clueless and playing pattycake on the line! Some refer to it as "phoning it in!"

The first game this season, we saw an NT in a 3-4 defense beat double teams and make a difference. Trouble was, he was a cowpuke. So please, considering what we saw JUST TWO WEEKS AGO, playing NT is not "a waste".

Even if you're a one gap DT in a 4-3, you're going to face double-teams. especially on passing downs. Fat Boy hasn't been asked to do anything more than what he was asked at Tennesee, and probably less two-gap than Blanche was putting him in last season. Fat Boy still has to beat the same guys he would have in his "old" defense.

There is no comparison between situation A: (Playing a 4th linebacker who sometimes follows the tight end, then playing a secondary position at centerfield trying to cover WRs and intercept RBs in open field), and situation B: (Playing an interior defensive tackle who tries to keep one gap responsibility on run and rush if it's a pass, then playing an interior defensive tackle who tries to play two-gap on run and rush the pass). The guy in situation A is having to use different skillsets. If the guy in situation B complains, he's just being a whiny *****!

You could not be more wrong. in the 3-4 the line is taking up blocks. The pukes have an undersized Dt who relies on quickness and we were not smart enough to double team ratliff because we were more worried about their edge guys.

let me break down the technique difference between a 2 gap and a one gap 4-3 tackle playing the 3tech, the 3 tech AVOIDS contact and when doubled, tries to fire through, a NT takes on the double and gets extension. that alone is why players who are great 3 techs are rarely great 3-4 players.

Archived