Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

JETS' Jenkins out for season (Redskins related)

redskin01fan

ESPN reported that Kris Jenkins was out for the season with a torn ACL. Could the Jets be desperate enough to replace him with Albert Haynesworth that we get those two draft picks and then go get Vincent Jackson?

e63dde14.gif

So pleeeeaaaase explain to the class why a guy that hates the 3-4 and wants nothing to do with the NT position would willing return millions of dollars to go play for another team as their NT in a 3-4 defense?

They play the 3-4 as well. They will have the same problem. They know it so this trade is very unlikely to happen.

I thought that also, but the JETS know that their "SUPERBOWL" bound season is done without Jenkins. They could get Desperate. Pipe Dreams - Probably - only one can hope though

ESPN reported that Kris Jenkins was out for the season with a torn ACL. Could the Jets be desperate enough to replace him with Albert Haynesworth that we get those two draft picks and then go get Vincent Jackson?

Vincent Jackson is one DUI away from being suspended for a year, yet people still want to bring him in. I realize we're hurting at receiver, but there has to be a better option.

and the Jets would have to hire Vinny before they traded for Big Al

So pleeeeaaaase explain to the class why a guy that hates the 3-4 and wants nothing to do with the NT position would willing return millions of dollars to go play for another team as their NT in a 3-4 defense?

Because if he is traded, he still has no choice, and he may possibly get along better with Rex Ryan than he does with Shanny. Like I said, a long shot, but still a possiblity and this is what Forums are for; Discussion.

Because if he is traded, he still has no choice, and he may possibly get along better with Rex Ryan than he does with Shanny. Like I said, a long shot, but still a possiblity and this is what Forums are for; Discussion.

Uh a few things wrong with your scenario..

There is NO CHANCE that the team trades him unless he gives back cash.

The Jets aren't desperate enough to make a deal for someone like Haynesworth. Their 2nd string NT is better at that position than Haynesworth is.

NO 3-4 team is going to make a deal for someone who is as terrible at the NT and as unmotivated as Haynesworth is. The only team that will make an offer for him will be a 4-3 squad.

The thing is, their defense is good with or without Jenkins. Obviously, it's better with him, but I doubt they'd react such that they'd trade anything more than the Titans are offering for Haynesworth. If losing Jenkins meant their D fell off the table, that'd be one thing, but I imagine they think they can get by with what they have, but we'll see. Maybe the pressure of this being their year will make them panic.

A) 3/4 means the trade is not likely.

B) I'm not convinced we trade away draft picks. I think this is the team we are going with this year.

While Jackson sounds nice, think about going into next years rich draft with only four or five picks. That's what we might have. Can we really afford to give up multiple pics for another big name yet again?

e63dde14.gif

Please explain why you trust Haynesworth's word that this is about the 3-4 and not a personal vendetta against Snyder/Shanahan?

I really wonder what he'd say if the coaches approached him and said they could trade him to the Jets but the Jets first want assurance that he's on board with their scheme. I bet he'd say that he'll give it 100% for them, rather than saying no, he'll just stay with the Redskins.

A) 3/4 means the trade is not likely.

B) I'm not convinced we trade away draft picks. I think this is the team we are going with this year.

While Jackson sounds nice, think about going into next years rich draft with only four or five picks. That's what we might have. Can we really afford to give up multiple pics for another big name yet again?

This trade scenario would be as likely as trading Donavan McNabb from the Eagles to the Redskins.

Coach already said they're not trading for Vincent Jackson, TJ, or any other of the WR's we have previously discussed.

I would love to trade AH and get a 2nd round pick and increase the top of the draft in 2011, but I can't see any scenario at the moment that would give any team a reason to trade for AH. Maybe as the year goes on a contender may have that RDE go down that would make a legit offer for AH. Not until then.

Archived