Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

JETS' Jenkins out for season (Redskins related)

redskin01fan

Please explain why you trust Haynesworth's word that this is about the 3-4 and not a personal vendetta against Snyder/Shanahan?

If you honestly think that a 1 gap penetrating DT who is fond of getting to the QB is tanking at playing NT simply because he has a vendetta against the FO? This isn't a trust Haynesworth issue, I'm telling you what I see in game and from what we see of his skillset. To play NT it takes a specific type of player and Haynesworth isn't it.

Uh a few things wrong with your scenario..

There is NO CHANCE that the team trades him unless he gives back cash.

The Jets aren't desperate enough to make a deal for someone like Haynesworth. Their 2nd string NT is better at that position than Haynesworth is.

NO 3-4 team is going to make a deal for someone who is as terrible at the NT and as unmotivated as Haynesworth is. The only team that will make an offer for him will be a 4-3 squad.

Rex Ryan is plenty ****y enough thought to think he can get Albert to play ball. And seemingly Rex Ryan's the guy everybody wants to play for, perhaps Albert will go with it. I think Shanahan wasn't interested in being buddy with Al from the beginning and wanted to play hardball and that got things off on the wrong foot and it just went downhill from there.

Rex Ryan is plenty ****y enough thought to think he can get Albert to play ball. And seemingly Rex Ryan's the guy everybody wants to play for, perhaps Albert will go with it. I think Shanahan wasn't interested in being buddy with Al from the beginning and wanted to play hardball and that got things off on the wrong foot and it just went downhill from there.

Too bad for us Ryan isn't the decision maker in the FO.

I don't think it will happen, but I also don't think it's crazy to think that the team who picked up Santonio Holmes, LaDanian Tomlinson, Jason Taylor, and Antonio Cromartie during the offseason would be interested in picking up Haynesworth.

In my mind, the Jets are the 2000 Redskins. "We were almost good enough to get to the Super Bowl, next step: Sign everyone!"

this really sucks for us. the two potential playoff teams that lost DTs (green bay and NYJ) both play in the 3-4. crappy to the max.

You could also throw Kansas City into the mix. (altho not a playoff team)

But their DE Tyson Jackson went down with an injury. Not known how serious it is yet.

They also play the 3-4

Vincent Jackson is one DUI away from being suspended for a year, yet people still want to bring him in. I realize we're hurting at receiver, but there has to be a better option.

and the Jets would have to hire Vinny before they traded for Big Al

Care to elaborate on the better option.....No one is available for now and next years FA WRS are BOOOOTY (Moss is too old) Do we really wnt to sink a high draft pick in a receiver again? We tried that and got a cripple and an underwear model...

This trade scenario would be as likely as trading Donavan McNabb from the Eagles to the Redskins.

Coach already said they're not trading for Vincent Jackson, TJ, or any other of the WR's we have previously discussed.

I would love to trade AH and get a 2nd round pick and increase the top of the draft in 2011, but I can't see any scenario at the moment that would give any team a reason to trade for AH. Maybe as the year goes on a contender may have that RDE go down that would make a legit offer for AH. Not until then.

Please provide a link to back up your statement.

Albert Haynesworth-DL-Redskins Sep. 14 - 3:31 pm et

The Jets have not yet expressed interest in trading for DT Albert Haynesworth.

Haynesworth does make some sense on the surface in that he's available and NT Kris Jenkins is lost for the season. Of course, this ignores the fact that the whole reason Haynesworth is on the block is because he doesn't want to play the nose.

Source: Manish Mehta on Twitter

I know that most in this thread think a trade is highly unlikely,....and you're right it probably is unlikely. But the Jets really think they have a chance of going to the dance. So the desperation factor cannot be ignored. Some quotes from Ryan courtesy of Yahoo Sports :

After Jenkins went down against Buffalo last October, Sione Pouha and Mike DeVito stepped in and were solid in Jenkins' place. Both players had good games Monday night, but the Jets are not particularly deep on the line. Ryan said the Jets might explore bringing in a veteran to help.

"We'll consider that, for sure," Ryan said.

Jenkins, in his third season with the Jets, also tore the ACL in his right knee in 2005 while with Carolina.

"He's got a physical mismatch against anybody he plays against," Ryan said. "There's not too many people walking the face of the Earth that are like that, just a big, powerful man that's athletic, who's hard to block one-on-one. Impossible, really."

I know someone on the Redskins that pretty much impossible to block one on one (when he decides he wants to play).

I honestly don't think it's out of the realm of reality that the Jets could show some interest.

What? We are now more in favor of getting a seriously aged randy moss instead of vincent jackson?

Actually, yeah, I'd do that trade in a second. Moss probably has 3 good years left in him, which is a lot more than we are gonna get out of Haynesworth. And this year it would be a monster difference - did you see how our receivers did on Sunday?

Haynesworth is worthless to the Skins now, and everyone needs to accept that. It's soon gonna be "whatever we can get for him" territory.

This was just an out-of-the-blue comment by Mortensen trying to grab headlines. Makes absolutely no sense to ship him to another team to play nose in a 3-4. I think he'll end up getting traded, but its got to be to a 4-3 team. He looked terrible at nose to be quite honest. He still plays like a DT trying to get downfield and get disruptive.

frustrating as hell the other night watching him PICK A SIDE instead of eating up blockers like he is supposed to do. hell, he was making the holes for the dallas rb's, he offensive line didn't have to do anything. feel sorry for the linebackers when that crap was going on...

Archived