Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is Tiger Woods washed up?

blue collar

I don't think we'll see anybody else in our lifetime who will be what Tiger once was

thats an impossibly high standard to try and maintain

I agree, I would say Tiger has turned into a complete dud, everyone including Tiger had extremely high expectations. Everyone pulled for Tiger to break Jacks records, not so much anymore. More than likely Jacks records are safe and will be safe for a long time to come.

Like the use of drugs,yes it is.
Unfounded. Like the story of his knee being trashed was unfounded. The story of his back was unfounded. His rehab stint was unfounded. His direct link to a steroid doctor was unfounded. His inebriation the night of the accident is unfounded. I do not need to see him ingest anything, I just have to add 1+1. The exact monetary value of the divorce is not the story, it's hush money all the same.

Unfounded. Like the story of his knee being trashed was unfounded. The story of his back was unfounded. His rehab stint was unfounded. His direct link to a steroid doctor was unfounded. His inebriation the night of the accident is unfounded. I do not need to see him ingest anything, I just have to add 1+1. The exact monetary value of the divorce is not the story, it's hush money all the same.

Completely agree. Some people aren't good at math.

One could make assumptions about all of that leading to something else,but that doesn't change the fact that as of right now,there is no solid proof of whether or not he did steroids,HGH,or things of that nature. Hence,largely unfounded or at least unproven accusations/assumptions.

Completely agree. Some people aren't good at math.

See. I never stated whether or not I actually suspected or believe he's done drugs and such. I simply stated that like the $750 million,there's basically was and is no solid proof of such. As of right now that is. If that comment,BS,was directed at me,then both you boys need to pay closer attention.

*** Actually,in the case of the money,it was found untrue. His networth,first of all,is widely reported as $600 million.

Agree completely, Kosh.

Y'know, I used to care about my favorite athletes' personal lives. Dexter Manley really ticked me off with the drugs, and the reading debacle. Other guys have had their own addictions, arrests, or just bad judgement calls.

I've gotten to a point in my sports-fan life where I could give a **** what kind of person most athletes are. I just enjoy what they do on the field. Otherwise, I'd probably have to quit watchings sports all together.

I second that, and double it for actors/actresses. I don't care to know them off the screen.

• 6 months later...

Never been the same since he beat Mediate at the US open with the torn ACL. It's mostly physical, his play was even declining before the divorce. He didn't play badly in 09 post surgery, but not at his pre ACL level.

• 4 months later...
It was nice while it lasted. He was really something for about a decade.

Jack's place as the greatest golfer of all time is nice and safe.

What's interesting is it is now a debate again. I still think that 2000-2001 Tiger is the most dominant anyone has ever been at any sport. It's not just that he was winning but the manner in which he was winning.

So, the debate will be 13 years of Tiger versus...God....25 years of Jack. Unless Tiger gets well and puts together a Mark O'Meara-ish year in his 40s.

What's interesting is it is now a debate again. I still think that 2000-2001 Tiger is the most dominant anyone has ever been at any sport. It's not just that he was winning but the manner in which he was winning.

So' date=' the debate will be 13 years of Tiger versus...God....25 years of Jack. Unless Tiger gets well and puts together a Mark O'Meara-ish year in his 40s.[/quote']

While Tiger has absolutely unstoppable for a time, you gotta give it to Jack for longevity's sake. Jack was like a slow burning candle. It's looking like Tiger will look more like a fire cracker.

Archived