Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is Tiger Woods washed up?

blue collar

He's still a top 5 golfer and not even close to be washed up unless you expect him to win every single tournament every year. I predict he'll have a great year and take a major.
Uh huh. You guys kill me. He's nowhere close to what he once was. And he's not a top 5 golfer. He's ranked about 17th or something.

You guys are just like Dale Jr fans. Your guy never wins anything anymore, yet you always say "this is gonna be the year". A major? LOL. Yeah, ok. Maybe if it's another 18-man field.

Uh huh. You guys kill me. He's nowhere close to what he once was. And he's not a top 5 golfer. He's ranked about 17th or something.

You guys are just like Dale Jr fans. Your guy never wins anything anymore, yet you always say "this is gonna be the year". A major? LOL. Yeah, ok. Maybe if it's another 18-man field.

I was ripping him all last year saying he wasn't going to win because he wasn't mentally ready after all of that stuff, so don't put me in the group of people always every year saying this is going to be his year unless you know I have. He'll be fine. People just need to realize he isn't going to be as dominant as before but even then he is still a very, very good golfer. Yes, he obviously isn't good as he once was, you don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure that one out but he is good enough to win a Major and I have him winning one this year.

The man hasn't won an official tournament in 3 years, but you think he's gonna win a MAJOR? That doesn't even make sense. About the only one he would have much of a shot at, anyway, is the Masters. Still don't see it.

Not only is his game not quite there, but he doesn't have the mental capacity to do it. Look at today. He entered the day playing with his hated rival, Phil. They were both in contention for the win. Phil basically (so far) stared him down and ***** slapped him all over the course. That surely can't help his confidence level.

The problem with calling him "washed up" is he's always going to be competing against the incredible record he's earned and wins he's amassed to date. Ok, that might have been an obvious observation but his version of "washed up" is something many pro level players would take 7 days a week. He can still earn himself a very nice income while toiling around being ranked in the teens each year.

I think the best critique I've heard about him is he's just a freaking nerd who made it big and then tried to hammer every woman he came into contact with (women he never had any past experience with because he had two left feet and coke bottle glasses). His reality check was one hell of a whopper.

Bubble,

It's incredible the amount of haterade you show when talking about this. You are as bad as the Wiz fans talking about LeBron.

Let it go.

It's not haterade. Like I said, Tiger fans are similar to Junior fans. They can't let go of the fact that their guy is a washed up has been. As for Tiger, he at least has been the best at his craft before. The operative words being "has been".:)

---------- Post added February-12th-2012 at 05:04 PM ----------

Sweet shot Tiger!

And Mickelson!

Making watching golf really enjoyable.

Yeah, that was great stuff. Tiger thinking he had a two-shot swing, only for Phil to bring him back down to earth in a matter of seconds.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived