Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is Tiger Woods washed up?

blue collar

He'll never be "that" Tiger again which means he's washed up. You all are gonna be saying the samething next year when he's still hasn't won another major.

So what's your explanation for how he's lost his pure ability?

The obvious thing to consider is his cheating scandal and divorce.

You honestly think that his career is basically on a downhill slide now because of all of that?

So what's your explanation for how he's lost his pure ability?

The obvious thing to consider is his cheating scandal and divorce.

You honestly think that his career is basically on a downhill slide now because of all of that?

I have no explanation but actions speak louder than words and I see a man who can't put two good rounds together, much less four and that's been going on for a while. That, and no one's afraid of him anymore which was a huge advantage when he was "That" Tiger.

I have no explanation but actions speak louder than words and I see a man who can't put two good rounds together, much less four and that's been going on for a while. That, and no one's afraid of him anymore which was a huge advantage when he was "That" Tiger.

Nobody's afraid of him right now because they know his head isn't in golf because his family life has been pulling him in different directions.

Tiger's always been dangerous because of his robotic focus on the course and his mind has been dealing with much more pressing matters.

I really don't understand how you can brush aside how much an impact all of this cheating/divorce stuff could have had on his game.

It's too soon to ask that. Consider all the personal problems he had this year, of his own doing, his golf game was going to suffer.

All those problems are clear now. Next year he can focus on golf again. If he plays as bad next year as he did this year; then you could be right.

I think he bounces back and will pass Jack with plenty to spare.

Everybody thought he was finished when he had that earlier 2 year drought too. I bet you were saying that then too

Nope. And I don't remember an earlier drought where he was this bad. Because its never happened. Previously, he never finished 2nd to last in any tournament he entered. And I don't recall him going through a period where he rarely he broke par. Its different this time. He's lost the aura he once had. Like another posted point out, he's no longer feared. And he can't even make two foot puts these days (see: today). I know you Tiger-lovers don't want to hear it, but he's done. Kaput. Put a fork in the guy.

The divorce is not the reason he is done, it's his body. He had been surviving on pain meds and steroids for years. Elin did not get 750 mil for keeping quiet about the women, it's all about drugs. That and too many young great players = Tiger does not get a whiff of another Major.

Late to thread, but to answer the question in the OP.

No. The guy is proving that golf is an extremely mental game, and his last two years have been nothing but an absolute mental train wreck. Anyone who has watched his career can tell that his game took a hit after he got married. He is still the best player in the game.

Late to thread, but to answer the question in the OP.

No. The guy is proving that golf is an extremely mental game, and his last two years have been nothing but an absolute mental train wreck. Anyone who has watched his career can tell that his game took a hit after he got married. He is still the best player in the game.

The mental part of his game is a small part of Tigers golf problems. Tigers real problem is, he changed his winning swing dramatically. Over the past couple of years it has been constant adjustments and tweaking, 1. He needs a new swing coach(going at it alone isn't helping)u 2. He needs to find his original PGA swing.

The divorce is not the reason he is done, it's his body. He had been surviving on pain meds and steroids for years. Elin did not get 750 mil for keeping quiet about the women, it's all about drugs. That and too many young great players = Tiger does not get a whiff of another Major.

I agree. That's definitely why he wants her to keep quiet. That could ruin him if that comes out.

Archived