Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is Tiger Woods washed up?

blue collar

Tiger has barely played enough golf this year for any of us to determine if he "washed up". Phil isn't necasrily lighting the world on fire is he washed up? I can't wait to bump this thread a year from now. :)

Nor can I.:)

Not sure how you can continue to defend this clown. I can understand it, if he were still winning, as most Tiger fans only pulled for him because of how successful he was. But he can't even play anymore. At least not anywhere close to the level he once did. And he's just a dick. Its great to see this guy brought down to earth. He's just an average player these days. And I don't see him getting much better with time. Tiger is done. Get used to it.

I don't think they do, maybe Bubble does. Yes Tiger was leading the final round of the Masters this year, and he finished 4th considering the amount of golf he has actually played this year, 8 tournaments, I say give him a full season of him being in good health before you say he is washed up.

Bubble, are you the guy that calls Phil - FIGJAM?

he was leading the masters with 7 holes to go. do you even watch golf or just talk ****

y

he was leading the masters with 7 holes to go. do you even watch golf or just talk ****

So what. And then he preceded to resort to the same play that's plagued him the last 3 years. Besides, if there's one course that he can still do well on its Augusta. That's not in any way shape or from a barometer on which to judge him.

But keep on defending this clown. You'll eventually come to realize what most other people already know..he's done.

---------- Post added August-14th-2011 at 04:16 PM ----------

You guys can't quit bringing up Phil. Not a fan of his either.

Were you the one that said Phil was disliked by most golfers on tour and couldn't back it up?

I find it hard to believe that FIGJAM is disliked by anyone.

"Washed up" to me indicates that a guy can never be effective again outside of a few fluke situations.

Tom Watson was more or less washed up from the late 80s on (and that was far more inexplicable).

I think Tiger can get it back and be a top five golfer for quite a long time. The question is, does he really want to? Does he want to change his game to match his current physical limitations and does he have the desire to become more of a grinder?

Jack Nicklaus had a 3 year slump between age 27 to 30 when he didn't win a single major. Then he won 11 more majors after he turned 30, including five more after age 35, which is Tiger's age now. To say that Tiger Woods is washed up at age 35 is waaay premature.

He is almost psychoticly competitive. That, more than money, drives him. He's not done.

Jack Nicklaus had a 3 year slump between age 27 to 30 when he didn't win a single major. Then he won 11 more majors after he turned 30, including five more after age 35, which is Tiger's age now. To say that Tiger Woods is washed up at age 35 is waaay premature.

He is almost psychoticly competitive. That, more than money, drives him. He's not done.

But did Jack play this poorly during that dry streak? Apart from last years' Masters, Tiger hasn't even been close to the top of the leader board.

But did Jack play this poorly during that dry streak? Apart from last years' Masters, Tiger hasn't even been close to the top of the leader board.

You mean this years Masters, the top 4 finish?

He has 3 (2nd, 4th, 10th) top 10 finishes and 1 withdrawl this year out of 10 tournaments.

The question is, is he still that competitive?

The issue - as I see it - is his schedule. He's not going to get back in shape and he is not going to get his swing back playing 10 or 15 tournaments a year. His swing is a mess and he's pretty much done until April now. I think he needs to play a bunch of consecutive weeks next year, but I don't think he wants to play the House of Pancakes Open in Omaha and the like.

You mean this years Masters, the top 4 finish?

He has 3 (2nd, 4th, 10th) top 10 finishes and 1 withdrawl this year out of 10 tournaments.

I stand corrected. He placed fourth in this year's and last year's masters.

I still wonder: how poorly did Jack Nickalus perform during his dry streak?

Jack not only won 17 majors, but he also had about 19 second place finishes. Tiger doesn't compare to Jack.

---------- Post added August-15th-2011 at 04:49 PM ----------

I agree with LBC, he isn't playing enough golf right now, he needs to set his ego aside and play in the "house of Pancakes" lol tourneys.

That's kind of a bogus excuse. Tiger has never really played that many tournaments.

Jack not only won 17 majors, but he also had about 19 second place finishes. Tiger doesn't compare to Jack.

---------- Post added August-15th-2011 at 04:49 PM ----------

That's kind of a bogus excuse. Tiger has never really played that many tournaments.

Jack played in 3 times as many majors as Tiger has, yet Tiger is only 5 majors away from catching Jack. And........ Tiger still has 100 more majors to play in to catch the 2nd place finish record.

This year Tiger has finished in the top 10, r out of 10 tournaments, two of those were top 5 finishes, he is far from being "washed up".

I definitely think Woods can launch a comeback. It's just a matter of getting one's head "straight." I find it very refreshing that the public has FINALLY seen how cold and arrogant Woods truly is....and that he's been a complete me-me-me jerk for well over a decade.

I definitely think Woods can launch a comeback. It's just a matter of getting one's head "straight." I find it very refreshing that the public has FINALLY seen how cold and arrogant Woods truly is....and that he's been a complete me-me-me jerk for well over a decade.

That's what started his downfall.:silly:

• 3 months later...

Archived