Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Bayern at 1-0, eh?

I guess it was worth all the art work.

It's been so long since you watched the UCL with a side in it that you forget that 1-0 at home, in the quarter finals, is a very good result.  Looking good to advance.

2 more big games tomorrow.  Crap second yellow to torres in Barca - Atleti match today.

It's been so long since you watched the UCL with a side in it that you forget that 1-0 at home, in the quarter finals, is a very good result.  Looking good to advance.

2 more big games tomorrow.  Crap second yellow to torres in Barca - Atleti match today.

I actually watch most European matches.  Not just ones with English teams (believe it or not).

Bayern really isn't anything special.

Real talk?  You're losing your grip on the Bundesliga cause Dortmund are fast closing the gap and you're now struggling for the second straight draw against a team that should've been burried.

It's like Alaves 2001 all over again when he drove himself down from Hamburg, without a ticket, and was absolutely mullered in the square, on a table, bare chested, banging his Liverbird tattoo,  getting his OWN song going. Lads a living LEGEND! (Even if he was one of the very few talentless Dutchmen ever haha.). 

Meijer Sports Media Retweeted THE ANFIELD WRAP
Erik will be in Dortmund on time, 100% !! Wearing a Red Scarf!

Meijer Sports Media added,
THE ANFIELD WRAP @TheAnfieldWrapUp for Dortmund! Picking everyone up. Let's have a guess who has slept in? JG

• RETWEETS 11
  • LIKES 22
  • Gu4pn8Y-_normal.jpgmebigears_normal.jpgnNvu6tut_normal.jpegimage_normal.jpgJ7oAD-yP_normal.jpgEOCtfAso_normal.jpgZPiABtqp_normal.jpegimage_normal.jpgPRWYPoFX_normal.jpg

1:42 AM - 6 Apr 2016

And a great line in the local paper: https://twitter.com/arturpetrosyan/status/717658720382160897/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

Suarez, for all the kicking and bad tackles he puts in, stays on the pitch.  If Costa had done even half of what Suarez did yesterday he'd be banned again for another 3 games. 

That said, Suarez is another league from any premier player, let alone Costa.  He is remarkable at being at the right place, right time...and is perhaps the most clinical finisher on the planet.  Hell of a player, and I think Barca waltz into the final.  

..... and I think Barca waltz into the final.  

I make you right. This is Barca's era right now and shy of them having a major off day, no club on the planet can live with those three up front. 

Said it in here at the final whistle the final last year. They'll be the first team to retain the Europen Cup in the Champions League era. And seen absolutely nottin' from anyone else this year to change my mind on that. 

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

Suarez, for all the kicking and bad tackles he puts in, stays on the pitch.  If Costa had done even half of what Suarez did yesterday he'd be banned again for another 3 games. 

As a Chelsea supporter, you should know this to be NOT true.  Costa gets away with more than anyone I've ever seen.

He's worse than Fellaini, and that's saying something. What he gets from the FA, he earns ten times over, brother.

Now, I didn't see the match, but I saw on twitter that Suarez had a chippy one.  So I can't comment on that.  But let's try and keep it one hunnud.

1-0 against Benfica? No... 2-0 that would be different. I swear if I was a conspiracy person the way Bayern underperformed for Pep you'd think he was here to screw us. Barca pay back or something.

What was the conspiracy from yesterday?

• Like 1

Could certainly be a tale of two legs with this

Anything Liverpool ‏@Anything_LFC 2h2 hours ago

Coutinho, Firmino, Lovren, Moreno and Clyne 1 booking away from missing the second leg at Anfield #LFC

Same knobhead Spanish ref. from the Utd home game too 

But at least we know what to expect. Keep your discipline and don't give the card happy lunatic ANY excuse. 

Hail. 

• Like 1

Same knobhead Spanish ref. from the Utd home game too

But at least we know what to expect. Keep your discipline and don't give the card happy lunatic ANY excuse.

Hail.

That's what every British team has to do in Europe I've always found anyway. Refs from mainland Europe seem to be way more card happy than in Britain.
  • Like 2

Nice win by the Wolf today.  BL not looking so bad in UCL.

Crazy game in City/PSG.  Neither side looks like much, especially defending.

Can easily see Atleti beating Barca, especially if ref actually doesn't actively help Barca.

EPL sides get lots more cards because the EPL refs/players/teams are OK with a much more physical game.  Rest of Europe doesn't put up with it.  Matter of style preference, but even Old Red Nose knew to play differently in Europe vs in England.

Nice read ahead of Pool/Dortmund match:

http://www.espnfc.us/uefa-europa-league/2310/blog/post/2844128/dortmund-and-liverpool-share-love-of-youll-never-walk-alone

Edited by btfoom
  • Like 2

great article, btf...

from another on the sidebar:

http://www.espnfc.us/club/liverpool/364/blog/post/2844953/liverpool-to-benefit-from-jurgen-klopp-dortmund-familiarity

It was telling at the weekend that Klopp took Sturridge off because "we needed ways behind the line." Being able to get in behind a defence was one of the things Sturridge excelled at, but since his injury problems he seems to have lost a yard of pace and is coming short towards the ball far more than he looks to run in behind. Origi, in contrast, wants to stretch his legs and run in behind defenders at every opportunity.

interesting... i never quite pegged the difference in DS this year, but maybe that's it? Edited by dchogs
  • Like 1

Blanc is still clueless, playing pathetic Aurier (the guy who insulted him on social medias) cost him the game. He decided to play this pos who was coming off a 7 to 8 weeks banishment to PSG's rserve while Marquinhos was a much better choice.

• Like 1

As a Chelsea supporter, you should know this to be NOT true.  Costa gets away with more than anyone I've ever seen.

He's worse than Fellaini, and that's saying something. What he gets from the FA, he earns ten times over, brother.

Now, I didn't see the match, but I saw on twitter that Suarez had a chippy one.  So I can't comment on that.  But let's try and keep it one hunnud.

By no means do I think Costa is an angel.  I assume it's probably how most people feel about Suarez, which is why I drew the comparison.  It's nice to have them on your side, but every opposition's fans will boo them whenever on the ball.  Costa/Suarez get hacked a lot because opposition knows it's easy to wind them up.  Part of being the villain, I suppose.

Don't get me wrong, I know Costa can be an asshole.  

As for pool today, I think you'll have a tough go of it.  Auba, Reus, Gundogan, and company are top class.  5 points off the top in the Bundes and playing extremely well in Europe.  Not to mention Sigal Iduna as one of the top parks in club football with a fantastic atmosphere (never been myself but have heard plenty).  I'm excited to watch, I'm just not sure if Liverpool have enough.  Klopp coming back could either be a distraction or a much needed boost.  we shall see, should be fun to watch!  

Edited by SkinssRvA

By no means do I think Costa is an angel.  I assume it's probably how most people feel about Suarez, which is why I drew the comparison.  It's nice to have them on your side, but every opposition's fans will boo them whenever on the ball.  Costa/Suarez get hacked a lot because opposition knows it's easy to wind them up.  Part of being the villain, I suppose.

Don't get me wrong, I know Costa can be an asshole.  

As for pool today, I think you'll have a tough go of it.  Auba, Reus, Gundogan, and company are top class.  5 points off the top in the Bundes and playing extremely well in Europe.  Not to mention Sigal Iduna as one of the top parks in club football with a fantastic atmosphere (never been myself but have heard plenty).  I'm excited to watch, I'm just not sure if Liverpool have enough.  Klopp coming back could either be a distraction or a much needed boost.  we shall see, should be fun to watch!  

I think the difference is Suarez gets hacked at because it winds him up.

Costa gets hacked at because he's a dirty player. 

That's the difference, brother.

Suarez doesn't set out to be a dirty player, he wants to play football.  It's part of Costa's game to be dirty and try and draw pens. 

But that's the big difference between a Center Forward and a Striker.

I agree, Dortmund won't be easy.  I'd be tickled pink with 2-1 and us taking an away goal back to Anfield.

We'll see, it could be worse than that and it could be better.  Not sure there is a team in better form than Dortmund in the world save for Barca (who lost El Clasico this past weekend).  4 losses all season and none this calendar year.