Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Lovren is totally bossing this game. Who would've thought?

Sakho has been awful so far and I'm really not sure what he's doing.

I like the attack, but Sturridge really should've scored that brilliant through ball from Coutinho.  That was on a platter.

Fair play to Lloris, he's been a stud.

Honestly thought we'd look worse than this.

Is that a typo?  The Europa schedule still says 4/7 (Thursday).

2 good matches at 12:30 today.  Dortmund v Bremen and Pool v Spurs.

Nah, not a typo just a mistake.  I've been off all week so I barely know what day it is let alone the date.  That's good, gives us an extra day.

He's the best player outside of aguero, how can he not?

But but but ..... How would you know that, when you don't read anything because everyone's blocked?

I smell a rat!

Excellent game of football with just about the right end result. Albeit very disappointed with some of the gilt edged chances not to of won it. Sturridge in particular first half, who was very poor again. His assist excepted. Thought Lovren was immense again at the back. His turnaround under Klopp has been miraculous and you'd now be more than happy to say one of the two slots for next year is his to lose. Excellent work rate from all the players. The pressing was relentless. Tottenham may of expected an easy ride before Dortmund but that just doesn't happen with Klopp's L'pool. ANY game. 

Roll on Thursday now and the next step on the road to Basle and that 4th UEFA Cup. 

Seriously can not wait for that one.

Hail. 

• Like 1

I'm not sure Klopp will buy into Sturridge as the long term answer. Can't see it.

He's so frustrating! He got the talent...

But but but ..... How would you know that, when you don't read anything because everyone's blocked?

I smell a rat!

Excellent game of football with just about the right end result. Albeit very disappointed with some of the gilt edged chances not to of won it. Sturridge in particular first half, who was very poor again. His assist excepted. Thought Lovren was immense again at the back. His turnaround under Klopp has been miraculous and you'd now be more than happy to say one of the two slots for next year is his to lose. Excellent work rate from all the players. The pressing was relentless. Tottenham may of expected an easy ride before Dortmund but that just doesn't happen with Klopp's L'pool. ANY game. 

Roll on Thursday now and the next step on the road to Basle and that 4th UEFA Cup. 

Seriously can not wait for that one.

Hail. 

I feel that way about Lallana (the improved part). I can see why midfielders want to play for Klopp. They have freedom and plenty of opportunity on the ball in his system. I don't think he can take credit for the Brazilians, but he has definitely brought Adam back to a high level of play.

I'm not sure Klopp will buy into Sturridge as the long term answer. Can't see it.

Oh I think it's clear his first choice forwards are Firmino and Origi.  Sturridge won't press.  He did a bit today, but he's a channel runner.

He doesn't seem to have the fitness yet, but he also doesn't seem to put in the effort.  Still hard to find a finisher like that when he's on.

The doctor who claimed he prescribed performance enhancing drugs (video)

He claimed he doped 150 sport stars.

"Bonar was said to have boasted about treating players from Arsenal, Chelsea, Leicester City and Birmingham City, although there is no evidence the clubs were aware of any alleged relationship he might have had with their footballers"

This part made me ROTFL :lol::rolleyes: . Link

Arsène !!! I'm shocked ! :P

Edited by FrFan

Sturridge is still working his way back to full fitness. No pre-season. A LONG spell out. He's still nowhere near match fit/ sharp. 

Not buying this 'lack of effort/ lazy' assertion. (And I had a stand up argument with a knobhead the ground yesterday over this so yers aren't alone. Gob****e was shouting some lower league fan ****e at Sturridge. Any other era with no cameras, he'd of gotten a slap. #liverpoolselfpolicing). Daniel Sturbridge is a player you CAN afford to be a bit of a luxury if he's not pressing as hard (he still works and presses. We're not talking Mario here) as everyone else because of just how darn good he is in front of goal. And the better the talent around him improves, the better the whole situation improves. 

At the VERY least, he's getting the full pre-season next year, something he's not had in a LONG time which makes a major difference, to prove his health. 

Say it again. Healthy and on form, he's the best striker in England not called Augero and by far and away the most talented English born footballer. 

Which of course Elessar hasn't seen as he has me on a block ...... And there goes that flying pig past my window. AGAIN!

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

This has always been the issue with him. Probably always will be.

I wouldn't say that.  Like I said, I never saw him really make an effort to press before yesterday, but he was always a player that left it on the field.

I think his issue right now is being able to press and then peform at a high level.  He looks gassed far to easy now.

Jurgen's game won't let you just sit in a channel or hold the line high if you're a striker, you'll have to move around and put pressure on the back four and the keeper when they have the ball.

I feel you're in the minority with most of that GHH. Great natural finisher, getting 30 games a season is the problem. Probably does the Euros, which isn't necessarily the best result for Liverpool. Time will tell.

We're getting another striker, that's for sure.

Jurgen's game won't let you just sit in a channel or hold the line high if you're a striker, you'll have to move around and put pressure on the back four and the keeper when they have the ball.

this is why i'd be very open to selling sturridge for the right fee. use him to get another workmen-like striker that fits klopp's system (and likely at a cheaper price), and strengthen the spine of the team.

I feel you're in the minority with most of that GHH. Great natural finisher, getting 30 games a season is the problem. Probably does the Euros, which isn't necessarily the best result for Liverpool. Time will tell.

So increase the calibre of player around him, which we will the summer, and you can then afford to make him a special case in case of how much he trains and how much he plays. 

If you're only getting 20 games from a fully healthy Daniel Sturbridge a season the goals return you'd get FAR outweighs the vast majority of forwards. 

But let's see how he goes with a normal pre-season under his belt for once first. 

Hail. 

• Like 1

Sturridge is still working his way back to full fitness. No pre-season. A LONG spell out. He's still nowhere near match fit/ sharp. 

At the VERY least, he's getting the full pre-season next year, something he's not had in a LONG time which makes a major difference, to prove his health. 

Say it again. Healthy and on form, he's the best striker in England not called Augero and by far and away the most talented English born footballer. 

Which of course Elessar hasn't seen as he has me on a block ...... And there goes that flying pig past my window. AGAIN!

Hail. 

He's not lazy at all, but I'm not sure he's 100% bought into the system yet, either.

I'm still high on him, but right now he's not performing to his potential. 

I think it has a lot to do with the fact that, like I said, the game and you're body are a little different when you're exhausted.  If he can get that down we have a shot at this thing.  But his last couple of performances haven't been Sturridge-like.

In fact, yesterday the NBC commentary showed him and I think it was Graham Lesoux who said "some of these LFC players are going to be more running this preseason than they have in their entire lives".

As you pointed out yesterday, Jurgen's brining in his own strength and conditioning guys next year.

this is why i'd be very open to selling sturridge for the right fee. use him to get another workmen-like striker that fits klopp's system (and likely at a cheaper price), and strengthen the spine of the team.

Everyone should be available in my opinion except Coutinho, Firmino, and Can.  I think those are three that you can legitimately build around.  Not saying you should try and sell anyone or eveyone else, but aside from those 3 everyone has a price.

Still don't see as we either need or are getting another forward. 

Sturridge (obviously presuming he's healthy), Ings, Origi, with Firmino and Gotze, if he does indeed sign, both more than capable of playing up front. 

That's a pretty darn good looking mix of experience and youth to me. And a pretty darn good quality looking one. 

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

I would like to see him fully fit before making that decision...Of course he may never be fully fit.

I think they need to plan for him to be a bench player until he proves he can be counted on week to week. I wouldn't sell him yet, but I would bring in a top striker to replace him.

• Like 2