Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Hodgson said it. Don't shoot the messenger. 

Hail. 

Yeh I know he did. It was more the predictable anti England nature of your post. Needless in mid conversation between myself & your lil bro... :rolleyes: ...don't worry, no more England talk, I will let you return this to your Liverpool thread...

Oh wait, you already did.... :D

Yeh I know he did. It was more the predictable anti England nature of your post. Needless in mid conversation between myself & your lil bro... :rolleyes: ...don't worry, no more England talk, I will let you return this to your Liverpool thread...

Oh wait, you already did.... :D

Do a fun little experiment and block all the Liverpool posters—you'll see that there's not much "soccer" talk on the thread. 

Hodgson's 'finest moment' as England manager. 4 years in. Winning a friendly. 

THAT'S your manager. Progress of sorts for him I guess. 

Hail. 

It's up there with Klinsmann beating the German B's in a friendly and Charlie Weis ALMOST beating USC the year of the Bush Push.

• Like 1

Do a fun little experiment and block all the Liverpool posters—you'll see that there's not much "soccer" talk on the thread. 

Is THAT why we can't see the Arsenal discussions?

I thought it was just that you guys were an inferior fan base.  Or maybe it's just THAT Wenger out time of year?

Is THAT why we can't see the Arsenal discussions?

I thought it was just that you guys were an inferior fan base.  Or maybe it's just THAT Wenger out time of year?

Well TBF E's not an 'Arsenal' fan by his own admission. Or 'fan' per se. 

He's more out of the Richmond school of pick and choose. Without picking and choosing the biggest and best but I digress .... 

He's openly done with Arsenal when Wenger's through so just smile and wave. Not much to see there. 

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

Do a fun little experiment and block all the Liverpool posters

Now where's the fun in that.........

It's up there with Klinsmann beating the German B's in a friendly and Charlie Weis ALMOST beating USC the year of the Bush Push.

England and Germany don't play friendly games to be honest. To true fans, that game has more meaning than 80% of the trivial qualifying games we play.

England and Germany don't play friendly games to be honest. To true fans, that game has more meaning than 80% of the trivial qualifying games we play.

To English fans maybe but Germans aren't particularly bothered in the same way the English press and fans are. Have much more of a rivalry with Holland.
  • Like 2

Where are you on Klopp?

He's the new Shankly. Fits us like a glove. We get him and he gets us. Wouldn't swap him for ANY manager in the World. Absolutely love the fella'. 

Do you believe that he will get the funds needed to change the team?

I'm skeptical of ANYTHING FSG say. Wouldn't trust them if they said today was Monday. So we'll see. 

Are Hendo and Sturridge are gone?

Henderson possibly. Depends if the money's right. Sturbridge will get at the very least the pre-season. (Something he's not had in a good few years.). If he then breaks down again he's done. If not, we get back healthy the best player in England not called Augero. 

Will it be Ter Stegan or Horn?

It can be DC9 junior if it means Mingolet is gone!

Who ever Klopp wants I'm down with. 

Does he really like Lovern as much as he says?

Well, aside from the fact he's intolerably honest, he should. Lovren's been our most consistent defender under him and is starting to look like a £20 million player back there. He's got back to just defending. And defending well. What his job is. Unlike under Rodgers when he was being asked to play out and everything turning to **** from there. 

Skrts has to be gone. Will they sell Benteke?

I'll be shocked if he's here next year. Should never of been here to start with. Whatever you and the brat argued to the contrary!  :P .

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

lol

C'mon, ya gotta admit that's funny. 

I've always laughed at the Arsenal fans and their petulance... really outside of Brave, you're all children.

I laugh because we just want to talk football.  If a point is made and it's engaging, then I'll talk or comment on it.  If it's not, I'll let it go.

But I'll never understand why all of the Arsenal fans, again - except Brave, all dipped out of this thread and don't like posting in it anymore.  It's weird.  And it smells of "taking my ball and going home".

Grow up, E... you old windbag.

• Like 1

Dipped out because a grown up gets tired of the same Liverpool player X is better than Other team's player Y delusional discussions. 

I don't find discussions of Liverpool interesting. At least not at the lengths you guys go to. 

That's half the time. The other quarter is spent talking Liverpool vs Bayern. No thanks. I had those arguments when I was 13. 

So, like a grown up, I left a discussion I didn't find interesting. Same reason I dipped out of the Stadium. Same reason I don't watch ESPN or read sports illustrated. It's all circular and hyperbolic. Same reason I don't post in the US Soccer thread—there's nothing interesting in it for me. Duke had a decent season, I think posted in that thread less than a dozen times all year. 

But I'll never understand why all of the Arsenal fans, again - except Brave, all dipped out of this thread and don't like posting in it anymore. It's weird. And it smells of "taking my ball and going home".

Maybe they were just distraught that I wasn't posting anymore.....

• Like 1

Maybe they were just distraught that I wasn't posting anymore.....

Nah cause they still come in when we lose. :P

I just don't understand why people don't want to post.  Being honest, I just think we're bigger fans of our club than they are.  MOST (not all) everyone else will only talk during a game, whereas we talk all week.

Dipped out because a grown up gets tired of the same Liverpool player X is better than Other team's player Y delusional discussions. 

I don't find discussions of Liverpool interesting. At least not at the lengths you guys go to. 

That's half the time. The other quarter is spent talking Liverpool vs Bayern. No thanks. I had those arguments when I was 13. 

So, like a grown up, I left a discussion I didn't find interesting. Same reason I dipped out of the Stadium. Same reason I don't watch ESPN or read sports illustrated. It's all circular and hyperbolic. Same reason I don't post in the US Soccer thread—there's nothing interesting in it for me. Duke had a decent season, I think posted in that thread less than a dozen times all year. 

So you took your ball and went home.

I'm sure I could search this thread and count how many discussions you've started on one hand.

But you're quick with a joke, and to lite up a smoke...

Don't hate yourself or anyone in here because you have nothing to contribute to a conversation other than one-liners, dude.

That's not "grown-up"... that's acting like my 4 year old.

Speaking of "grown ups"... Klopp confirmed interest in Gotze and Hector today.  Both trending on twitter.

Almost sounds like the deals are done.

Quite the upgrade from Moreno and Henderson isn't it?

• Like 2

Jo, you should read the last 3 or 4 pages, man.  I break it down for you.

Anfield HQ ‏@AnfieldHQ 50m50 minutes ago

Mario Gotze has his heart set on a move to Liverpool and is expected to cost around £20million. #lfc (Tony Barrett)

CetPkB0XIAEI1Zi.jpg

Certainly possible, but I don't see the fee being 20 million.  As GHH and I said earlier, a player of that caliber, going to EPL (where the money is flowing) will most likely cost much more than that.  Also, there are reports that he wants to go back to Dortmund (page in German - needs translation if you don't read German).

Lastly, I still think he will talk to Ancelotti to see if he fits into his plans.  If so, expect him to stay at Bayern.  If not, he will move on.

I am very familiar with Gotze as he and Coutinho are my son's favorite players. I see him and the Brasilians playing in front of Can and behind the striker

Certainly possible, but I don't see the fee being 20 million. As GHH and I said earlier, a player of that caliber, going to EPL (where the money is flowing) will most likely cost much more than that. Also, there are reports that he wants to go back to Dortmund (page in German - needs translation if you don't read German).

Lastly, I still think he will talk to Ancelotti to see if he fits into his plans. If so, expect him to stay at Bayern. If not, he will move on.

There is a very real possibility that Gotze is leveraging Liverpool to get a better contract from Munich. I'm sure there will be a bidding war and the fee will go up, but Bayer doesn't really have a lot of negioting power as Mario is entering the final year of his contract
  • Like 2

Certainly possible, but I don't see the fee being 20 million.  As GHH and I said earlier, a player of that caliber, going to EPL (where the money is flowing) will most likely cost much more than that.  Also, there are reports that he wants to go back to Dortmund (page in German - needs translation if you don't read German).

Lastly, I still think he will talk to Ancelotti to see if he fits into his plans.  If so, expect him to stay at Bayern.  If not, he will move on.

Nah.  He'll be in Liverpool.  I'm pretty sure of this one.

I'll concede on the money, but we'll see.  We're going to have quite a bit of it to throw around this year.

I am very familiar with Gotze as he and Coutinho are my son's favorite players. I see him and the Brasilians playing in front of Can and behind the striker

It's going to be sweet.

• Like 1

Apparently a West Ham insider who knowledge about the latest comings & goings has that Christian Benteke to West Ham is 80% done deal.... Please refrain from laughing!!! He does need a change of scenery maybe being back in Claret & Blue will do him the world of good?

Just passing on what I heard

• Like 2