Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

★LFC @STAR_LFC 2m2 minutes ago

CfcZVK0WEAA01Kh.jpg

Blanc is still clueless, playing pathetic Aurier (the guy who insulted him on social medias) cost him the game. He decided to play this pos who was coming off a 7 to 8 weeks banishment to PSG's rserve while Marquinhos was a much better choice.

Every time I buy him in FIFA I have Marquinhos as a CB and he's vicious.  A ball player with pace.  Not the ideal size you want there but he's a good player who can do it. 

I thought Blanc was a weirdo off yesterday as well.  It seems he struggles when he has to make a tough decision and can't just throw out a more talented side.

4472729-ibcbyuvzauzro9.gif

great article, btf...

from another on the sidebar:

http://www.espnfc.us/club/liverpool/364/blog/post/2844953/liverpool-to-benefit-from-jurgen-klopp-dortmund-familiarity

interesting... i never quite pegged the difference in DS this year, but maybe that's it?

That was a good article.  Didn't know about Sturridge losing "a yard step", but I don't watch Pool all that often.

One other item from that article that I think is significant:

"The Reds have some key players walking a disciplinary tightrope in this game, with Dejan Lovren, Nathaniel Clyne, Alberto Moreno, Philippe Coutinho and Roberto Firmino all one yellow card away from missing the return leg."

Personally, I have always hated the stupidity of suspensions in Cup competitions for card accumulation.  There are so many factors that go into getting carded, including the fact that some refs give out cautions like candy while others hardly use cards, that there is no equality across matches/teams.  I don't care what team or players are involved, let each match stand on its own as far as discipline.

Just imagine if all the players above get another caution (I know not likely), the return fixture would be a joke - and not for any real reason during this tie.

Every time I buy him in FIFA I have Marquinhos as a CB and he's vicious.  A ball player with pace.  Not the ideal size you want there but he's a good player who can do it. 

I thought Blanc was a weirdo off yesterday as well.  It seems he struggles when he has to make a tough decision and can't just throw out a more talented side.

Blanc is such a joke that he substituted Aurier for Van Der Wiel !

Comes June, I bet his agent will force a trade. Barca is very interested in him.

For the second leg they'll play without Pastore, Verratti, Matuidi, and Sideshow Bob which is the only very good news for the evil empire.

• Like 1

That was a good article.  Didn't know about Sturridge losing "a yard step", but I don't watch Pool all that often.

One other item from that article that I think is significant:

"The Reds have some key players walking a disciplinary tightrope in this game, with Dejan Lovren, Nathaniel Clyne, Alberto Moreno, Philippe Coutinho and Roberto Firmino all one yellow card away from missing the return leg."

You should unblock us...we posted about this two days ago :lol:

At last. Back from vacation, and finished up a monster job these past 3 1/2 days to get my fat ass in front of the tv for what should be quite a test, especially without Bobby. (Though that would at least guarantee his availability in the Anfield return match.)

What I wouldn't give for a 1-1, or better still 2-2, draw tonight!

I'll be interested to see who Klopp choses. My guess is Milner in a wide role, allowing Lallana and Cutinho to roam a bit with Can and Hendo backing. Though Danny and Divock up top is intriguing.

Hoping Adam can keep up his fine form of late and pressure that BVB backline.

In other news, I sure hope the ECL isn't an all BL final...I'd hate to see bt spontaneously combust!

Edited by Long n Left
  • Like 1

Liverpool FC @LFC 52m52 minutes ago

Here's the #LFC line-up at Signal Iduna Park in full...

CfdTzBBWIAEDsw6.png

Origi getting the start in place of Sturridge!

Message sent??

Origi has better pace right now.  Not sure it's so much a message as it is tactical. 

Balls in behind against a possession team are imperative.  Sturridge simply hasn't won the race.

Borussia Dortmund @BVB 51m51 minutes ago Dortmund, Germany

BVB: Weidenfeller, Piszczek, Bender, Hummels, Schmelzer, Castro, Weigl, Durm, Mkhitaryan, Reus, Aubameyang #bvblfc

CfdUfMJWEAEfEqA.jpg

Borussia Dortmund @BVB 50m50 minutes ago Dortmund, Germany

Unsere Bank: // Our subs: Bürki, Sahin, Ginter, Leitner, Pulisic, Sokratis, Kagawa #bvblfc

CfdUsIBW8AAEBUC.jpg

Don't block you, but with the thousands of posts between you and GHH, most of it reads like "Blah Blah Blah, Hate Munich, Blah Blah Blah, Klopp is the best..." :P

Meh, I truly believe that you think you are the bringer of wisdom in this thread. :lol:

We're about a mile ahead of you at any given time.

That's fine, we expect that out of Germans. :P

Good ball in by Milner there.

Close from Lovren.

Garcia gets his second foul... that was a tough challenge, too.

One should've been a card.

Man of the Match stuff from Sakho so far this half.