Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Really good finish by Sigurdson there.  Low and across the body from the top of the 18 on the half.

Benefit of a snowy Saturday morning? My kids' sports were cancelled and I was able to watch a fantastic Arsenal v West Ham match. Great game and a fair result. Does this game mean the end of Arsenal's title hopes and ultimately Wenger's position as manager of the club? I think so...

Slept in this morning but woke up and saw Braves' tweets, so I figured that's what happened.  Watching Swansea and Chelsea right now, though.

I think Arsene probably should go but who do you replace him with?

Away section in full throat! Atta boy GHH!

Awesome wasn't it? Bob Marley being belted out ..... I don't know what it is about us in Germany but invariably an all time classic comes out of nowhere ....

I am now home. Well, back in England on the drive back up from Stansted. No real funny stories. Just a fantastic trip with a set of like minded fans who just like their beer and footie unlike the last round. Even the bizzies were saying how great it was to see everyone have a boss time together unlike Tottenham who tipped up looking for it everywhere. Just WHY you'd do that in Dortmund is beyond me. The majority of English fans just DON'T get what a European trip is about and instead of having a laugh and a good bevie and scran with yer mates go with an anti-foreigner attitude and being aggressive and ****s toward your hosts. Was in a fantastic Dortmund bar this AM where the fella behind the bar was showing us photies of Kloppo (sorry. Got used to what they affectionately call him) when he just decided to have a few bevvies with the Dortmund lads. Man alive, we think we love him but he's absolutely doted on in Dortmund. Such is the charisma of the man. You just don't fully appreciate what he gives you until he's yours. 

Gonna' be boss this week lid. Spoke to loads who are coming over. (Everyone seems to be driving lol.). Funny the fella the restaraunt last night asking how L'pool would be as he'd only been to England twice (both Manchester clubs), and got **** each time. Like just mention Klopp mate and you won't have to buy a single pint! Haha. Easy to see why Jurgen chose us and why he feels so at home. We're SO much alike it's untrue. Towns gonna' be bouncing next Thursday la in one massive party. This ones gonna' be REAL special. And SO thankful we have these and NOT Utd for the silence. Many of them are planning to go the service Friday too even though they know they probably won't get in. The bond we've had for a good time with BvB has just been strengthened by the funny talking dude in the bins who walks on water in both City's.

As for the game, excellent effort and result. Thought the schizo Sakho was outstanding. Dortmund were off the pace, and they'll defo score at ours so we'll have to match them again. But like I've been told the last 3 days by many, 'We are a better team and should beat/ of beaten Liverpool. But you have Kloppo. And with Kloppo, everything's winnable. He just raises everyone and makes them believe!' God. Gushing now so I'll stop but that's exactly what it's been like. Just the utmost respect both ways between two sets of friends.

Oh, the bad. Some knobhead young lad threw a smoke bomb into their section which we'll get punished for. He got a few smacks before the bizzies pulled him out which was good. Can't legislate for one knob. But at least from the majority our reputation was further strengthed in another European City. 

Roll on Thursday and another of the VERY special European nights that Anfield does like no other with our brothers from Dortmund.

Walks out singing  .....

'Don't worry ..... About a thing ..... 'Cos every little thing ..... Is gonna' be alright ...... De ner ner ner ner ner ..... '

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 2

Watching the Premier League highlight show.  Can't believe how awful the level of defending from most sides.  Even Arlo White said that the EPL sides are "Long on Excitement, Short on Quality".  Direct quote from him - don't get mad at me just because I agree.

General consensus  from every BvB fan we spoke to after the game and on Friday/ Sat'day was that they all believe they'll get through. Which on paper you wouldn't argue with at all. These are a darn good side and arguably what, one of the top 5/ 6 best across Europe at the minute? But they aren't 100% confident down to two things. Anfield, which many can't WAIT to experience. Which just blows me away after what they have at Signal Iduna Park on a regular basis. And Klopp as noted above. Having had him for 7 years, they know full well what he's capable of inspiring to level talent deficiencies. 

It's fixing to be quite the night. 

Hail. 

*I won't tell what it say's on the Dortmund t-shirt I bought for fear of upsetting our Bayern 'friends.' 

• Like 2

Watching the Premier League highlight show.  Can't believe how awful the level of defending from most sides.  Even Arlo White said that the EPL sides are "Long on Excitement, Short on Quality".  Direct quote from him - don't get mad at me just because I agree.

He's enjoying his suspension in the studio for his LCFC bias a couple of weeks ago.

Not worried or upset about how either of you feel.

Looks like we'll get a chance to see some of the kids this afternoon.  Hearing Ojo gets a start.

Both German teams we've played each have one goal against us.

And that includes the one that scores 20 each time they play a Bundesliga team.

A hint of tightness from Leicester City this morning.

If Borini had any quality it'd be 1-0 already to Sunderland.

• Like 2

*I won't tell what it say's on the Dortmund t-shirt I bought for fear of upsetting our Bayern 'friends.' 

Any idea if we'll see Danny Ward in net tonight as it appears we're all in on Europa League?

Any idea if we'll see Danny Ward in net tonight as it appears we're all in on Europa League?

Not heard any rumours of that. Doubt we'll see anyone but Mingolet all season. I think he decided early to go with him and give him a chance to win the job. Just Bogdan was THAT bad he had to bring Ward back in case of emergency. 

Hail. 

And on cue, Arlo White's halftime tease is how many pens LCFC should've been given the first half :lol:

He was my favorite but I just can't do it anymore.  He doesn't even try to hide it.

Nevermind that Huth just had his THIRD handball in two weeks and none of them have been given and Sunderland really carried the play the first half.

• Like 1

Soccer day today!

Nice warmup watching Dortmund at 9:30. Interested to see the side they put out...got a bit more to play for in league than our Reds.

Of course, the mighty Reds at 11, then my youngest with a 1:00 kickoff.

Then, to finish, get to watch a 58 year old try to win my favorite sports event of the year. Not a fan of Langer, but us old guys gotta stick together.

• Like 1

Soccer day today!

Nice warmup watching Dortmund at 9:30. Interested to see the side they put out...got a bit more to play for in league than our Reds.

Of course, the mighty Reds at 11, then my youngest with a 1:00 kickoff.

Then, to finish, get to watch a 58 year old try to win my favorite sports event of the year. Not a fan of Langer, but us old guys gotta stick together.

Nice day!  Good luck to your youngest!

Mine start play next weekend, so this is our last weekend to f-off a bit.  Enjoy, brother!

Soccer day today!

WOW! Only Hummels and Bender remain from Thursday. Shocked at that. I appreciate the Bundesliga now looks beyond them with Bayern having an 8 point lead with 4 to go, but this is Schalke. Outside of Munich, their biggest rivals. 

Bet Tuchel get's some serious criticism for that off Dortmund fans.

Hail. 

• Like 1

And peep Leicester on the deep ball behind to Vardy for a score.

I know I'm hating, but as a purist I just can't respect how they get most of their goals... which is just playing it behind for Vardy to run down.  No tactics in it at all.

And peep Leicester on the deep ball behind to Vardy for a score.

I know I'm hating, but as a purist I just can't respect how they get most of their goals... which is just playing it behind for Vardy to run down.  No tactics in it at all.

Now THAT is amazing. That should be the League for Leicester then in all likelihood. 

With absolutely NO disrespect to them intended, Arsenal, Chelsea, City, L'pool, Utd, 'Spurs ..... hang your collective heads in shame. 

Wenger, YOU especially. 

Oh, in this week of all weeks, heard it could still be another month or more for the jury to reach verdicts even though it's now in the final leg. 16 different points to answer on 96 separate cases. 

This isn't going to be a fast verdict. But after the past 27 years, they can take as long as they need to get to the right one. 

Hail. 

Haha. I was wondering if you were keeping up with the retro champ manager series. Everyone is mad hilarity. 

Skrtel and Moreno aside, liking the side today. 

Brilliant to see Ojo in particular starting. Stewarts looked real impressive too in the holding role. And Firmino back starting before Thursday is another bonus in behind Sturbridge. Which I imagine will be how we go against Dortmund, Origi was perfect for out there on the counter but we really need to take it to them this week. WAY too dangerous to sit back against a team of Dortmunds quality.

Hail. 

• Like 1

WOW! Only Hummels and Bender remain from Thursday. Shocked at that. I appreciate the Bundesliga now looks beyond them with Bayern having an 8 point lead with 4 to go, but this is Schalke. Outside of Munich, their biggest rivals. 

Bet Tuchel get's some serious criticism for that off Dortmund fans.

Hail. 

Well, when you play against small clubs at small venues, it's only right to put your best foot forward.

I mean, they still probably get a result against Schalke.  0-0 at HT.

Haha. I was wondering if you were keeping up with the retro champ manager series. Everyone is mad hilarity. 

Skrtel and Moreno aside, liking the side today. 

Brilliant to see Ojo in particular starting. Stewarts looked real impressive too in the holding role. And Firmino back starting before Thursday is another bonus in behind Sturbridge. Which I imagine will be how we go against Dortmund, Origi was perfect for out there on the counter but we really need to take it to them this week. WAY too dangerous to sit back against a team of Dortmunds quality.

Hail. 

I think Firmino needs this match for Thursday.

Gotta get back fit, he's starting especially with Hendo out.

Happy to see Stewart.  Heard Barca are asking about him and Branagan.

Liverpool FC @LFC 24m24 minutes ago

The #LFC squad for today's clash with @StokeCity in full...

Cfr7N-TWQAAivlh.png

Also good to see Lucas on the bench.  That's huge.

• Like 1

Fans in Schalke throwing stuff on the pitch.

Thought you'd only see that at Azteca?

So I've watched this match for 10 minutes now and I've seen 3 horribly defended goals.... :lol:

15 mins....

And btw, if Matip wants to start he'll need to do better than that at a set piece.

• Like 1

Nice day! Good luck to your youngest!

Mine start play next weekend, so this is our last weekend to f-off a bit. Enjoy, brother!

Thanks my friend!

My (not so) little one finally awoke and came downstairs only to get a glimpse of Christian Pulisic and declare that she has a new favorite team. :)

Her words: "He's only 17? He's just a year older than me! It could happen!"

Pulisic could only be so lucky!

As for the Reds, was hoping we'd see Smith in for Moreno. Can't wait to see Ojo with Bobby and Danny, been hearing that he's in top form with the U-21's.

• Like 2