Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

j! Yer disappearing, ducking and diving sneaky MF yer! Who yers think yers are? A Scouser? :lol:.

We're sat on our cycle coming around again man. Just HOW excited are you waiting for him to be officially unveiled? 

Hail. 

I just hoping that combined with a humiliating loss to Munich may persuade a certain someone to follow along in the next window or two….

I was the last to jump off the Rogers train, but he lost his nerve. He went from death by football to defend and counter and hope for a point. I think the pressure got to him and he would only play "his guys"…no matter the position. FSG wants an attractive, winning brand. Roger could no longer provide that. I think he ends up in La Liga and has a pretty good career. He will be fine in a place where there is less expected of him. I still think the players need to be held accountable, but I think this move will re-energize them. 

Do you have any idea when they will name the new manager?

• Like 1

j! Yer disappearing, ducking and diving sneaky MF yer! Who yers think yers are? A Scouser? :lol:.

We're sat on our cycle coming around again man. Just HOW excited are you waiting for him to be officially unveiled? 

Hail. 

https://twitter.com/PuntersFooty/status/650727458031988736

Peep this... all of you!

I just hoping that combined with a humiliating loss to Munich may persuade a certain someone to follow along in the next window or two….

I was the last to jump off the Rogers train, but he lost his nerve. He went from death by football to defend and counter and hope for a point. I think the pressure got to him and he would only play "his guys"…no matter the position. FSG wants an attractive, winning brand. Roger could no longer provide that. I think he ends up in La Liga and has a pretty good career. He will be fine in a place where there is less expected of him. I still think the players need to be held accountable, but I think this move will re-energize them. 

Do you have any idea when they will name the new manager?

Here you go, jo.

Catch up, pop quiz may be tomorrow depending.

• Like 2

These Klopp vines are great https://vine.co/v/e2rxDpHpLeY 

LOL. His pressers are gonna' be flat out hilarity. 

The vibe in the City is awesome. Yers have a mouch around different social media and the excitement and expectation is off the charts. 

It's the same kind of flat out, unadulterated joy as when Kenny returned his second go-around. L'pool fans Old Trafford were absolutely electric in excitement that 3rd round cup tie. Tottenham next time out and a Klopp lead L'pool is gonna' be one massive party. 

Just so frigging good to have that weight off our shoulders and genuine, realistic hope and excitement again.

Bundesliga expert believes Jurgen Klopp would be a perfect fit for Liverpool - Liverpool Echo 

'There is a real affinity in Germany for Liverpool, so much so that when Steven Gerrard was playing his last match at Anfield against Crystal Palace last season, that was the most watched game on Sky TV in Germany that weekend, even more than any Bundesliga match''

Not sure how that works being as we're just a deluded set of fans from a club that no longer matters living off the past .....  ;).

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

I love Volleyball, but never had the height to play it. I went to Penn State and that was always a fun time to watch both mens and women's teams. Our women are ridic. I think they've won their fifth NCAA championship in a row.

I'm coaching U11 boys right now. Not sure if you're familiar but USSF a few years back they started the "Development Academies" basically club teams for America's best youth players. We're not one of those, we do well in our area but not at that caliber. But anyway we went to a Labor Day tournament and got placed in a bracket with these Development Academy teams and they played us into the ground. We have good individual players, because we just focus on that at U9 and U10 but these teams were good. All their players were legit AND they played with a possession system. It's what Klinsmann is pushing for all our Olympic and Junior National teams play.

Anyway, so coming out of that debacle I decided that they had to learn to play that way or else we wouldn't compete with the best teams from Philly/DMV/Richmond/NY/NJ. 

Yeah, I think it's going to be a great year, not necessarily because of wins or losses, because they're really taking to the possession play. Not sure if you're a Guardiola fan, but we have a guy on staff that has studied with Barca's coaches and we use that program as the kids get older and it's pretty counterintuitive: so simple but so effective. 

My daughter scored the opening goal in a 2-1 win over the cross town rivals- HS level A pretty header back across the flow and nice and low off of a corner. She's typically a CDM and distributes more than she scores, so it was a fun game for her. My wife coaches, and the team is nice and young save for the stud senior. Daughter is a 9th grader, so lots of time to keep growing into it.

C'mon, Klopp!

Unfortunately all of that rain hitting the east coast for the last week cancelled the game. So have to look forward to next week. She is loving it though man. At practice a couple of weeks ago she starting getting cramps. There were a few minutes of practice left when she came off because she was in pain, and I told her we could leave if she wanted to. She took a drink of water and said she wanted to go back in. She was loving it so much she went back in and hobbled around to finish off practice just because she wanted to keep playing.

So proud of her constant effort going forward and getting back on defense, as well as her moving into space.

We got rained out because of the hurricane that just missed but pushed a ton of rain into the area.  The pitch (which sucks to begin with) looks like a sponge in a sink full or water.

We'll make up the game tomorrow afternoon, though.  More to follow then.

Thanks for all the updates, boys.  I get to still watch my son play hockey (@ UMd), but my only true love is soccer.  Please, if I can impress anything on your sorry lot  :D , it would be to ENJOY every minute you get to watch your kids play the best sport in the world.  After their games, don't talk to them about how they could have done this or that, just be positive with their play.  Take them to get slurpees (yes, even U-19 girls still love that trip, I know from experience). Just make the whole experience positive and keep them loving the game.  

@ Ellesar, you are a great parent for passing on your knowledge of the game - I really hope it becomes a bonding experience for you all.  Also, do you post on bigsoccer (I see someone who is similar - I'm btfoom there)?

@dchdogs - fantastic for your daughter and hope she keeps it up.  I have coached girls almost exclusively and know that it a fun (and tricky) age to deal with them.  Please let us know how she does - I'm sure your wife will keep her well.

@Mister Pinstripe - It just makes me smile to read your posts.  It certainly reminds me of my older daughter and how she played.  Coached her team for 15 years and loved every minute of it.  She reminds me of a few girls I coached - they stayed after practice any time they could until we literally turned off the lights.  The best part is this - if you have a coach/trainer who allows her to love the game, stick with them.  Results don't matter as much as loving to play.

@ DC9 - I will keep on you every time.  I will push you all day into coaching.  You have the knowledge that these kids need.  Pass it onto them, don't keep in bottled inside you.  Just curious, do you live in the :"Greater DC Area"?  I only ask out of curiosity and if you don't' want to say, I understand completely.  BTW, I live just east of DC and would be happy to hook you up with folks who can teach you anything you need to know, plus you could Lord if over that guy who knows nothing about real soccer (the guy who likes gibbs, the best offensive line, and opposite of hell)

Edited by btfoom
  • Like 2

LMAO at these 25 quotes. He's gonna' be absolutely hilarious:

25. On creating a club identity at Dortmund: "The fans should not only recognise us by our black and yellow jerseys. Even if we play in red, everyone in the stadium should think, ‘Whoa, that can only be BVB’."

24. On Bayern Munich’s philosophy: "At the moment, they are like the Chinese in the business world. They look at what others are doing and copy it, just with more money."

23. On his playing days: "I never succeeded in bringing to the field what was going on in my brain. I had the talent for the fifth division, and the mind for the Bundesliga. The result was a career in the second division."

22. On Mats Hummels being linked with Manchester United: "If that's not a bullsh*t story, I'll eat a broomstick!"

21. On his wife: "She wrote a book for children. It’s like Harry Potter – but it’s about football. There’s no Harry Potter flying on his f*cking stick – just football."

20. On dealing with Dortmund losing their best players: "I got more in life than I was ever supposed to get – family, money, football. None of my teachers, or my parents, ever believed this would happen to me. So how can this perfect life of mine be spoilt because they take our players?"

19. On his early days as manager of Mainz: "We still rely on calling the players and when we make an offer to their agents, they always think that we’re making fun of them."

18. On losing the Champions League final at Wembley: "The only thing I can say is that it was great. London is the town of the Olympic Games. The weather was good, everything is OK. Only the result is sh*t."

17. On Dortmund’s poor form in 2014: "The best news today is that football is over for 2014, any criticism that we receive now is justified. We are standing here like complete idiots and it's completely our own fault."

16. On whether beating Bayern 5-2 in the German cup final could have been any better: "It could have been a bit warmer."

15. On fixture congestion: "It’s as if someone has to play the world chess championship after 72 hours of sleep deprivation."

14. On motivating his team through sarcasm: "I told my players during the break: Since we're here anyway, we might actually play a bit of football."

13. On his singing ability: "I couldn’t have been a rock star, although I do sing Country Road very loudly on the PlayStation karaoke game."

12. On the difference between himself and Arsene Wenger: "He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It's like an orchestra. But it's a silent song. I like heavy metal."

11. On having a hair transplant: "Yes, it’s true. I underwent a hair transplant. And I think the results are really cool, don’t you?"

10. On the challenges of competing with Bayern Munich: "We have a bow and arrow and if we aim well, we can hit the target. The problem is that Bayern has a bazooka. But then Robin Hood was quite successful."

9. On whether he bans sex before games: "My boys sleep in double rooms the night before the match. I hope that nothing happens…"

8. When asked by a Schalke supporter the secret of winning the league: "How do you explain to a blind person what colour is?"

7. On losing Mario Gotze to Bayern: "He's leaving because he's Guardiola's favourite. If it's anyone's fault, it's mine. I can't make myself shorter and learn Spanish."

6. On winning the Bundesliga in 2011: "When Dortmund last won here 19 years ago, most of my players were still being breast-fed."

5. On signing Henrikh Mkhitaryan: "Mkhitaryan fits us like an arse on a bucket. What he offers is exactly what we need."

4. On Barcelona: "I show my team very often Barcelona but not the way they play. Just the way they celebrate goals. Goal no 5768 in the last few weeks and they go ‘Yeeeess’ like they never scored a goal. This is what I love about football. That’s what you have to feel all the time. Until you die. And then everything is OK."

3. On Hummels being injured: "We will wait for him like a good wife waiting for her husband who is in jail."

2. On dealing with a defeat: "When I gave the first interview, I was very disappointed. After the second one 10 minutes later I was feeling better. In 30 minutes, I’ll probably feel like we won the match."

1. On being sent off: "I'm a bit proud of my first red card as a coach. I approached the fourth official and said: 'How many mistakes are allowed here? If it's 15, you have one more."

Hail. 

• Like 1

He's gonna' get under the skin of opposing managers quickly. Particularly if he has early success. And just love a manager on the sideline with the passion of a fan. Can't wait to see him streaming down the touchline at Stamford Bridge a few weeks celebrating Sturridges winner .....

960264d1444121975t-liverpool-thread-bkiz

Could do with some new trabs like ha ha. 

His passion will be absolutely adored here. This really is a marriage made in heaven that I can see being a decade long or more one. If you're not a Liverpool fan you'll never understand and probably think it trite when people say there's a uniquely special bond between Liverpool FC and the supporters/ community it serves. But if you are, and have experienced that, you'll fully understand. And this crazy SOB with his passion and charisma fits that to a T. Love the fact he doesn't B/S either and tells it exactly like it is. 

Hearing the wait might only be until Thursday. As DC say's, it's like being a kid a Christmas knowing what you've got but being forced to wait until the day to unwrap it ha ha.

Proud to be a Klopite!

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

@ DC9 - I will keep on you every time.  I will push you all day into coaching.  You have the knowledge that these kids need.  Pass it onto them, don't keep in bottled inside you.  Just curious, do you live in the :"Greater DC Area"?  I only ask out of curiosity and if you don't' want to say, I understand completely.  BTW, I live just east of DC and would be happy to hook you up with folks who can teach you anything you need to know, plus you could Lord if over that guy who knows nothing about real soccer (the guy who likes gibbs, the best offensive line, and opposite of hell

LOL, no worries.  Right now I live in North Carolina.  I should be moving back up to northern VA next summer (and I can't wait).  I definitely want to get into coaching, I just don't have the time yet.  My next job should make that more doable, though.

I hope it ends up not being Klopp, for obvious reasons. But it would also be hilarious. :D

I have STRONG opinions about FSG... but they don't sack Rodgers if they don't have Klopp locked up in my opinion.

Plus if John W. Henry hasn't read one of my tweets yet then he's just outright ignoring me.  And last I checked I wasn't blocked by him. :P

@ Ellesar, you are a great parent for passing on your knowledge of the game - I really hope it becomes a bonding experience for you all.  Also, do you post on bigsoccer (I see someone who is similar - I'm btfoom there)?

Yep. That is I. "JoeWolf" is there too (unfortunately) "DaPrince84" and he's still a pain in my ass.