Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Looks like we'll be joining you scrubs in the Transylvania Cup. Should be fun.

Let's grab lunch before we play Kazakistan United.

Hate to say this, but you may be missing even Thursday night football.

Most likely get nothing from Bayern, which means if they split one win apiece, Arsenal would need max points and Bayern help just to be in Europa.

And how sweet to see Mou getting beat by his old club.  NICE!!!!!

Edited by btfoom

Can any team in the premier league win a game outside of the league?  Arsenal has zero points and has not even played the best team in their group yet.

I don't really care about the losers (CH), but someone needs to grab a couple of wins to make it at least appear the BPL is respectable.

Luckily, my team sits atop their group with six points.

Very true BT.

Maybe it'll lead to real change for once...

It is too bad that Wegner doesn't seem to want to adapt to the times.  Long gone are the days where one squad of players could play the lion's share of matches as there are so many more now.  He doesn't want to 'overspend' for players, but unfortunately, in this day and age, players are much more expensive, made so in part by the ridiculous spending of the 2 Manchester sides and Chelski.

• Like 1

Widely reported team for tomorrow: 

Mignolet; Can, Toure, Gomez; Clyne, Rossiter, Allen, Moreno; Ibe, Origi, Lallana.

Subs: Bogdan, Skrtel, Sakho, Lucas, Milner, Coutinho, Ings 

No surprise, but the fella's a complete fool to himself. We'll be out of Europe by the end of the back-to-back's with Kazan unless he and we get some REAL luck. And FSG are as bad for having the same disgraceful attitude to the Europa and letting him get away with it. 

On the plus side, at least Sion and their 500 allocation the last group game will be easier to get a hold of. Hey, I need SOME positive to take from this ****!

Rodgers Out! ****ing ****womble!

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

It is too bad that Wegner doesn't seem to want to adapt to the times.  Long gone are the days where one squad of players could play the lion's share of matches as there are so many more now.  He doesn't want to 'overspend' for players, but unfortunately, in this day and age, players are much more expensive, made so in part by the ridiculous spending of the 2 Manchester sides and Chelski.

Very good point.  One reason I was disappointed to see Markovic go out on loan.  Europa and the Cup ties early in the season are the perfect ways to get him fit and comfortable.

That was a shot by BR at the transfer committee.  Brilliant.

Widely reported team for tomorrow: 

Mignolet; Can, Toure, Gomez; Clyne, Rossiter, Allen, Moreno; Ibe, Origi, Lallana.

Subs: Bogdan, Skrtel, Sakho, Lucas, Milner, Coutinho, Ings 

In his defense, save for Sturridge being sat for fitness, that looks like a side I trot out for a cup tie in FIFA.  The "911" crew on the bench.

But really would never do that in the group stages.  You should have second tier guys (ahem... like Markovic) who can come in and provide.  I like seeing Origi, Ibe, and Lallana out there.  But Clyne, Moreno, and Can are likely to play in the Derby as well.

There is no depth to get experience on the bench... those are starters.

I don't dig it at all.

The last time in the CWC. That's how long ago it was. Europe still had three competitions lol. How time fly's. One of the craziest European nights ever. Some very bevvied up L'pudlians not able to work out the away goals rule and one beut calling his misses to get her to check on teletext to great embarrassment and hilarity; and me declaring my undying love for Paddy Berger that went as far as wanting to have his babies ..... it was quite the night ha ha. 

Hope tomorrows half as exciting:

Hail. 

• Like 1

Kovacic looks like he's going to be an exciting player.  Great ball into Isco and even better touch and through ball to CR for his 500th goal.

Brendan probably has him playing as a wing back or a center back, though.

• Like 1

LFC Fans Corner @LFCFansCorner 17s17 seconds ago

Confirmed #LFC team v FC Sion: Mignolet, Clyne, Toure, Gomez, Can, Lallana, Rossiter, Allen, Ibe, Origi, Ings

LFC Fans Corner @LFCFansCorner 37s38 seconds ago

Confirmed #LFC subs v FC Sion: Bogdan, Coutinho, Sakho, Moreno, Brannagan, Randall, Chirivella

EDIT:  Could be a 4-3-3

Could be a 3-5-2 with Ibe on the wing

Could be a 2-7-3... who knows with Brendan

Edited by DC9

Bookie Insiders™ ‏@Bookieinsiders 6m6 minutes ago

Cost-cutting measure at #LFC - if you're not playing, then you have to be a steward. #WheresSkrtel

You know the real hilarity in that pic? We left the frigging cones ON the pitch and stewards had to come on and remove them as the teams lined up! You have ONE job. And you can't even do that! This **** wouldn't of happened with Pascoe! And then the scoreboard failed. And half the lights on the crest went out over the Anny Road. Presumably because we haven't paid the leccie. 

The club is an absolute shambolic amateur mess from top to bottom. 

Yay me for not even talking about the latest disgrace on the pitch. 

Hail. 

• Like 1

Let's let this do the talking

https://vine.co/v/eDFJ3XADI9P 

Let the man himself .....

"We go into the the game against Everton and we will focus on our performance. The players will look forward to it. I haven’t lost a derby yet and they are always good games. We are point behind Everton - I know the media and written press will build the game up but we will stay calm. I am immensely enjoying the job, it is a great challenge and it is a rebuilding job again".

Rebuild! After all the ****ing money you've gone through, through 7 windows on pretty consistently utter ****e?!

And so his long list of excuses now starts. Never has one man achieved absolutely NOTTIN' but continues to have an ego that makes the special needs **** look sane. 

Hail. 

• Like 1

CRUD! I have a pic I can't put up darn it of Sion fans holding up a 'Justice for the 96' banner last night which is absolutely awesome. Brilliant gesture. Top respect.

Merci. Dankeschon. Thank you.

Hail.

Saw it yesterday and RT'd in case I wanted it again

The Anfield Chat @TheAnfieldChat 14h14 hours ago

FC Sion fans tonight. Respect.

CQQl2R9W8AEAjKa.png

By the way... every Red needs to watch this video.  It's 20 seconds long...

https://twitter.com/amedeuce/status/649112846589161472/video/1

• Like 1

Saw it yesterday and RT'd in case I wanted it again

The Anfield Chat ‏@TheAnfieldChat 14h14 hours ago

FC Sion fans tonight. Respect.

THAT'S the one. Ta la. Brilliant gesture. 

https://www.facebook.com/www.JOE.co.uk/videos/561103487387055/

By the way... every Red needs to watch this video.  It's 20 seconds long...

https://twitter.com/amedeuce/status/649112846589161472/video/1

THIS! Jurgen knows! Just like EVERYONE bar the dispirit himself knows. 

Hail.