Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Some interesting bits from Tony Barrett:

The transfer committee system and its implementation has resulted in no one involved getting exactly what they want. (Tony Barrett)

Rodgers blocked a move to sign Sturridge in the summer only to backtrack the following January in the wake of pressure from FSG. (Barrett)

It is that dysfunction in their relationship that is at the heart of everything that is going wrong at #LFC. (Tony Barrett)

Rodgers has long harboured doubts about whether he can succeed given the conditions that he works under. (Tony Barrett) #LFC

While FSG has had its own concerns about Rodgers's willingness to work collaboratively. (Tony Barrett) #LFC

Should either Klopp or Ancelotti succeed Rodgers, "the model" will be gone for good. (Tony Barrett) #LFC

Ancelotti's & Klopp's availability is likely to make them an even more attractive proposition FSG, should #LFC fail to beat Villa. (Barrett)

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

I'm honestly getting to the point where I'm not only not bothered whether we win against Villa, I'd rather we lost. 

Every scrawny win only delays the inevitable for another game. 

Long term picture> short term gratification.

Hail. 

That's what I was talking about with the fam last night.  Would rather we lost to Villa and Sion and then have Carlo for the Derby.  I can't garuntee a Derby win but I can garuntee that side will play it's ass off.

Real surprised on Sturridge. Had him down as a defo Rodgers signing. 

Good to read Boston are admitting their major part in this mess and are willing to change. 

Hail. 

Very interesting.  Rodgers was quick to say how the signing that looked rough last year weren't his and vice-versa.  But I never heard him mention Sturridge, Coutinho, or Can.  And Firmino was "both".

He's so ****ing Jim Zorn with a Harbaugh opinion of himself it's maddening.

• Like 1

Missed the whole first half for the boy's match (won 2-1 and he scored the first! ABSOLUTELY BEAMING cause he's the youngest on the pitch today)... but anyway... turn it on to see Gestede score... then Sturridge, to Coutinho, to Sturridge!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Sturridge's vision and touch in the final third has been absolute filth today.

This interplay is tremendous.  Amazing, really.... having two channel running strikers for Coutinho to play to.

Took since Suarez left for us to see this.

tumblr_na1yjdKNhP1tiwc6xo1_500.gif

So he survives the Derby at least. 

Unbelievably we are only 2 points behind Arsenal and 5 off the top the league. Anyone looking at that without knowing the full story would think we were sat pretty. 

Hail. 

We stayed in this very spot til the end last year.

Need to be proactive but that isn't Fenway's style.

What's truly embarrassing is that bloggers and the like have been saying to do what he did today for 18 months! 

Would rather FSG just got this over with so we can get on with Carlo's tactics.

• Like 2

NewCastle blew it and looked happy to get a point in the end.

Up 2-0 with 20 minutes left they stopped playing, sat back, and let those losers score twice.  They deserve their current place in the table.

That's kind of the mentality we share.

I tried to rile them up on twitter with a #PardewOut but everyone gave me the stink eye... weird

• Like 1

EPL just keeps getting worse and worse.

When this ManU side can actually challenge for top spot, there is nothing more to say.

They'd be mid-table in a proper league (and worse in BL  :D ).

What is guess as to how they do in Europe this week?  1-2-1 in UCL is my guess.

The deluded opinion he has of himself for someone that's achieved absolutely nothing in the game is off the charts:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/sep/26/liverpool-brendan-rodgers-manager-daniel-sturridge-pressure

The only 'conspiracy' is in your own head Brendan. The crowd was excessively muted again today because it was another stuttering performance against a piss poor team you could so easily of failed to beat yet again. You get judged on what you put out and from one ridiculous formation to another, continually playing players out of position (today you finally do what people have been crying out for you to do and hey presto you score goals and win a game. Funny that huh genius?), which has lead you to some shockingly bad results (' ,,,,, 5 points off the top with a lot of progress to come.' ..... That's manipulating a VERY misleading league position in a very out of character early league and then some) for the vast majority of your time here. And on NOTHING else. 

The only 'agenda' against you is in your own head. 

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 2

Missed the whole first half for the boy's match (won 2-1 and he scored the first! ABSOLUTELY BEAMING cause he's the youngest on the pitch today)... but anyway... turn it on to see Gestede score... then Sturridge, to Coutinho, to Sturridge!!!!!!!!

Hey DC, great for your son (and kind of good for you, too).

If the picture you posted earlier was good, he is around U6 or so, correct?  Hope he loves the game and keeps it up, DC United needs a proper striker.

Please just encourage him and his team to love the game and keep working on skills.

Just curious - do you coach his team or help out?  You seem to have a great knowledge of the game and the good lord knows there many clubs who need folks like you to coach. 

Please keep us updated with his growth in the game - I've coached for almost 20 years and still love to see the youngin's play.  Having coaches like you who care about the game is vital to promoting soccer in this country.

• Like 1

The deluded opinion he has of himself for someone that's achieved absolutely nothing in the game is off the charts:

The only 'agenda' against you is in your own head. 

Hail. 

I know that we have a go at each other, but for me (and I believe you and your brother), it is all in good fun.

Right now, Pool isn't good fun.  You, your brother, my brother (who loves Pool). and the rest of the supporters deserve better.

While I don't think you will get him, Klopp would be perfect for you and your friends, IF they let him get the players he needs to play the high pressure tactics he loves.  If they do, you will love him and the way the team plays - and it will work in Europe.

If you don't get Klopp, I still think a manager who will let the team play free-flowing soccer and press the other teams will work well, both in results and game entertainment.  It sucks that an organization that supports the Boston Red Sox, a team very much like Liverpool, decided not to give the soccer team the type of financial and organizational support they do for the baseball team.

And oh yes, effff Manure, CIteh, and Chelski.