Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

MASSIVE week and a half for Rodgers. 

And I pray we aren't rushing Daniel back too soon out of desperation. 

Yessir!

I think a 20 minute appearance (hopefully a cameo) at the end of the match is about right for Danny tomorrow.

He had better get this right... especially after Bordeaux...

Watched that this morning. #5 should have made the red card worth while and decked him. Costa is an asshole.

I have no idea how he hasn't been sent off since 2012.  When I heard that today I shook my head.

Especially after our league cup problems with him last year and him stamping on Emre Can (I think it was).

• Like 1

I have no idea how he hasn't been sent off since 2012.  When I heard that today I shook my head.

Especially after our league cup problems with him last year and him stamping on Emre Can (I think it was).

Did you see it? 

Costa, pushed, elbowed and back slapped Koscielny while trying to get position.  Costa turns around and chest bumps Koscielny (who proceeds to go down like he's been shot).  Gabriel confronts Costa and they shove each other.  They walk away and Costa smacks Gabriel across the back as he's walking by and Gabriel shoves him. 

They both get yellow cards.  Then, they start walking towards center field and are yapping at each other.  At this point, Gabriel should have tried to get Costa kicked out.  I would have just said, "Shut up stupid; shut up idiot; shut up dummy" every time he said something.  But Gabriel apparently stomped his foot.  Both should have received two yellows and both kicked out. 

Costa must be the Suh of BPL. He looks like an asshole.

• Like 1

Gabriel has been my favorite player since they signed him in January. Only player with balls on the entire team besides Coquelin..

Still, someone should have done a better job pulling Gabriel away. Props to Kos for staying calm through out

A guy on ArsenalFanTV made a great point, Arsenal should have given them their own medicine.

When Costa knocked in Ox, Ox should have rolled around like he had been shot. Sure it's pathetic but that's the only way to play an even game. Sad as it is to say

Now can we all just get along before I have to bang your heads together? (United and Bayern are still fair game like. *Evil grin.). 

Hail. 

Oh, that's so sweet.  Well, at least I know that you have lots of time on Tu/We to write and I'm free of hearing from you on at least the next 5 Thursday's right (though by Thanksgiving, you most likely will have those nights free as well). :lol:

That game was the absolute epitome of how one can loathe soccer.

1) ANY OTHER SPORT & both players get sent off. You shouldn't be allowed to instigate like that & not wind up losing out just as well. I won't listen to otherwise.

2) Costa should have been sent off TWICE outside of that....first for the 2 elbows, & the backhanded slap against Kos. Then for the crap he pulled with Ox.

3) why i love hockey, MLB, MLS, & NFL football. If you pull that crap in those leagues...someone's going out on a stretcher.

Now maybe the AFC players didn't have the stones to go a lynchin' (in the non-racial sense)...but rest assured, someone's either getting their knees taken out, cross-checked head-first into the boards, two-footed, or chin-music if you play that busch league garbage in any of the other leagues i mentioned.

That was absolute crap. If i ever see Costa, or that ****ass Mourinho on the street, you can rest assured i will accidentally spill some scalding hot coffee, & shout some slanted obscenities in the process (non-racial of course). That, or just kick the living **** out of their balls...literally.

Edited by nemocystem
  • Like 2

more punchable face: Costa or Cerrato?

Costa, the guy is a pos. Nevertheless Arsenal players and Arsène knew him, so ultimately what happened is on them. Just like Zidane knew Materrazzi. When you know what your opponent can be up to you have no excuse falling into his trap. The refs have their share of responsabilities too, as they failed to have the pos in check. Now Arsène is back to his old stubborn self, losing time in pressers complaining about Chelsea. Move on, just ignore the Mouh and his Sith lord mind tricks.

• Like 1

Just for my lil' bro', as we probably won't see anything like this later today.  :(.

Three better hat-tricks you'd be hard pressed to ever see. 

Hail. 

Yes, that was the game where I was stuck at work and you were telling me how awesome it was every five minutes in my PMs :lol:

BTW... DC United drew again last night... or they should've.  Absolutely SHAMEFUL call for an offside on Sabo's equalizer.  Needed that point.

Two different goals disallowed and a second handball not called.

I wonder if this is an effort to get David Villa or Kaka into the MLS playoffs.  One thing I wouldn't put past MLS.  It sounds like sour grapes but a NO DOUBT pen not given (and a second hand ball by the same guy) and two disallowed goals, one of which was marginal and the other Sabo was on by a full yard does make you wonder.

• Like 1

There you go...

Liverpool FC @LFC 34s34 seconds ago

Confirmed #LFC team v @NorwichCityFC: Mignolet, Clyne, Skrtel, Sakho, Moreno, Lucas, Can, Milner, Coutinho, Benteke, Sturridge

Is he playing two up top or is this Sturridge playing on the wing?

Liverpool FC @LFC 1m1 minute ago

Confirmed #LFC subs v @NorwichCityFC: Bogdan, Lovren, Firmino, Gomez, Lallana, Ings, Ibe

• Like 1

Could be a 4-4-2 diamond. But as it's Rodgers it will be 3-5-2 with Can at the back and the risk on Sturridge. 

Hope and pray his gambling pays off. Strong bench to change things at least. (Not that he makes good substitutions so that hardly matters either. Sighs.). 

Not optimistic. But every defeat is a step closer the end so I'm impervious. 

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

I just really hope that Rodgers is using this match to get a 4-4-2 diamond formation worked out.

I just don't think he has that in him anymore because the supporters are screaming for it and we almost won the league using it in 2014.

Maybe it's like the 1982 Redskins wrapped-feather-helmet to him? 

Could be a 4-4-2 diamond. But as it's Rodgers it will be 3-5-2 with Can at the back and the risk on Sturridge. 

Can you imagine the crowd reaction if they see Sturridge drift out to the Right Wing?

I'd lose my ****ing mind?

• Like 1

Can you imagine the crowd reaction if they see Sturridge drift out to the Right Wing?

I'd lose my ****ing mind?

I hope not because I've never been big on negative support during a game. After the game, let them know and loud. But not during. 

Personally, as I say, I'm impervious now. Every defeat/ bad performance I'm seeing as a positive as it's a step nearer the end. 

I'm SO through with him I can't begin to tell you. I tried jo. I really, REALLY tried to give him a fair crack this year but he just does NOT get it and we just are not going ANYWHERE under him. 

Hail. 

• Like 1

Robbie Earle is killing Rodgers decision to start Sturridge.  "Desperate" at least five times so far.

I'm SO through with him I can't begin to tell you. I tried jo. I really, REALLY tried to give him a fair crack this year but he just does NOT get it and we just are not going ANYWHERE under him. 

Hail. 

I think we all did, bro.

• Like 1

Can at the back.

Sighs. Idiot.

Hail.

I can't take it anymore…Why does he do this? Can is a midfielder, not a defender. Can should be in the middle of the field controlling things. I can't support this doofus any more. Here's to Klopp for Xmas!!

• Like 1

Told ya'll this kid Martial was for real.

I have had him on my FIFA squad for years... now I've had to bench him while I get to the transfer window.

Gonna try and swap him for Ibra's regen. #FIFAnerdSTUFF

As for today's match... I like that we are wide because it helps us possess.  This back 3 is doing wonders for possession with Clyne and Moreno on the wings.

But what it doesn't do is give you a lot of channels to run in (Sturridge's best attribute) and that means Coutinho is basically a midpoint to switch the wing play.

Kind of an oxymoron for what you want to do to get the best out of your players.

I'd like to see Firmino for Milner at HT and then slide Phil back to fall into Milner's role.  This will give Phil more of the ball and a longer string to pull in the attack.

Milner has been awful.