Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

I had to laugh today at the fickle nature of football fans. Bumped into a Chelsea fan just back from the Everton game this afternoon. He had the cheek to say Mourinho should be sacked for gross incompetence and replaced with a "proven manager" like Guardiola or the ex Dortmund coach who name escapes me at the moment. As he was banging on at being at the wrong end of the table, I did wonder if he was Chelsea fan before the Russian money started flowing in to Stamford Bridge!!!

Still couldn't happen to a nicer football club and manager!!!

• Like 1

You get the feeling there could be a few managerial changes coming up, with clubs desperate to stay up what with the new TV deal kicking in next summer, I think even in the championship too, clubs desperate to get aboard the gravy train. All this 4/5 games into a new season!

Well, I didn't want to be a debbie downer last night... but when I said "weird feeling" I knew this was the "Klopp Derby" for all intents and purposes.  I think Chelsea maybe stuck with Moreno... but with Abromovich you never know what he's thinking.  Could get itchy over there really fast. 

But for me, this is why FSG HAVE to make this move right now.  It has to be this week.  If Klopp is indeed interested in coming to Anfield, we have to make the move before he gets another competative offer.  And I think United make that offer if we would've won today.

I'm going Bordeaux Wednesday and the only saving grace is it's great wine Countey. Because I know NOBODY going that has much of any interest in the actual game

Hail.

Bordeaux just coming out of the evil empire's house with a draw 2-2.

Three goals are on both GKs, Bordeaux tied the game 3 minutes after one of their player was sent off by the ref.

Sirigu is LOL.

There is obviously less talent within les Girondins compared to the Merseysiders. LFC can at least come back with a draw 1-1, not sure I included Rodgers screwing things up in my prediction. :unsure:;)

Edited by FrFan
  • Like 1

There is obviously less talent within les Girondins compared to the Merseysiders. LFC can at least come back with a draw 1-1, not sure I included Rodgers screwing things up in my prediction. :unsure:;)

You say 'less talent', but you've not seen the side he's liable to put out yet. He wasn't remotely interested in the Europa last time, or even last year when we dropped into it for a game; so I honestly would expect as weak and inexperienced a side as possible. 

I'd snatch your hands off for a draw now as I think second in this group is between Bordeaux and ourselves. The Russians should be the strongest. So getting something away is vitally important. 

Which is a complete joke in itself as we should come through this group with ease. But what 'should' happen and what 'will/ does' happen are two COMPLETELY different things with us. 

Talking of the affair loving suntan, bleached teeth King .....

He 'couldn't fault the players for their 'attitude and commitment' ..... Well perhaps you'd like to refund me my £ 45 because I certainly ****ing could! Sick of the B/S excuses from clubs and managers. Just come out and be honest. We were utterly ****e in ever aspect against a piss poor Utd side that comfortably controlled the game. 

You'd get FAR more respect from people paying their hard earned cash to see a COMPLETELY different game than the one you're trying to sell after the event if you where just ****ing honest about what we'd just had the displeasure of sitting through. 

Hail. 

• Like 1

You'd get FAR more respect from people paying their hard earned cash to see a COMPLETELY different game than the one you're trying to sell after the event if you where just ****ing honest about what we'd just had the displeasure of sitting through. 

Hail. 

It looks like its going to be a long gut wrenching season for LFC / Redskins fans. Both teams having talent on the field but the wrong HC. Unfortunately there is nothing we can do about it except hoping for a better outcome than the odds are predicting.

• Like 1

Next year Nkoulou the central back of Marseille will be available for free. Definitely a huge upgrade from Lovren IMO.

According to "L'observatoire du football" N'Koulou is the best central back  in terms of ball recovery (The Observatory defines recovery as the ability to minimize the chances of opponents by forcing turnovers) and field positioning.

The Observatory also ranks T. Silva as the best central back for rigorousness and timing, Mascherano for best technique and field vision.

Update: found it in EN http://www.football-observatory.com/?lang=en

Edited by FrFan

Bordeaux will carve us up. It's likely that we play all of the kids in a 4-4-1------1 with Ibe up top, all the way up top, asked to hold up the ball while Skrtel and Illori tear down the wings to provide support and service into the box for Ibe to get a touch on. This guy has got to go.

• Like 1

Ohhhh ! powerful is the disappointment on the dark side of the Mersey.

Well, when you know what you've got... and you've seen it for multiple seasons now... what is there to get excited about?

BR cannot do it at Liverpool.

The players, support, and seemingly upper-management and ownership seem to know it, too.  Who is going to make the first move?

My brother and I laugh at Arsenal fans all the time, because even though Arsene Wenger doesn't always get it right on the personnel side, he rarely gets it wrong tactically.  If we had Wenger we'd be 2nd in the league at worst.

Benteke had to start seeing a mental coach after being in Liverpool for a month! :lol:

Presumably because of what's being asked of him by Rodgers...

Whoever the new manager is (god willing) will need to spend the first couple of weeks reminding these players that this game is fun and they don't suck...

Even Suarez came on line late in the summer and said in 2013-14 he had to do a bunch of things that weren't asked of him just to ensure the team was successful.  I believe it.

2 world class goals and 1 lucky goal is all we have to show for 5 **** performances...

• Like 2

So Jose was apparently so butt hurt by his team getting beaten he cussed at Martinez.

Loved this response from Martinez on Jose being angry:

Martinez wryly observed: ‘When he beat us 6-3 (last season) he was such a nice man. I prefer him like that!’

Big game coming up against Swansea this weekend. Would be great if we can get a win and be at 11 points through 6 games. It will be tough, and its away, so we shall see. We can for sure win, but the question is if we can be consistent. Never know if we will play well or play like crap, easy game to lose as well.

Edited by MisterPinstripe

FSG "anticipated a slow start" so they won't be sacking Rodgers....

They just want to sell the team.  It might help their bottom line if the team is good.

****ing Boston...

YOU! These are your people! Sort this **** out!

I should not be logging on to find he's STILL in charge!

Go all SLJ on their ass. Whatever it takes! Just fix this!

Your side of the water. I'm looking at YOU!

And YOU! 

You'd better win the Derby! If soft ass above won't fix this, then I'mma then looking at YOU to win the Derby and bring us to the tipping point of no return!

DON'T let me down. Or I'll send over the Bootle boys. You DON'T want a visit from the Bootle boys! He's only escaping that because it would piss mom off and I'd be all in **** for picking on him again. 'But he's a Ranger!' ..... 'He's your baby brother. Play nice or I'mma tan your ass!' ..... You SERIOUSLY don't know what I'm up against. So it's all on YOU!

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 2

YOU! These are your people! Sort this **** out!

I should not be logging on to find he's STILL in charge!

Go all SLJ on their ass. Whatever it takes! Just fix this!

Your side of the water. I'm looking at YOU!

Hail.

I just paged Luca.  Waiting for him to get back to me.

He said something about his mattress?  More to follow.

• Like 1

I'll ask this today as I'm out the Country tomorrow .....

Does anyone honestly see us getting a result in Bordeaux?

Because I honestly don't. We should, all thing being equal. They're distinctly mediocre. Which is saying little about them being their a Ligue 1 side. And it should be ourselves and Kazan going through with Bordeaux and more so Sion the whipping boys. But I honestly haven't seen much of anything this year to fill me with hope that we actually will. 

There's no passion. No creativity. No pattern of play. Nothing. Whilst still being exceptional vulnerable at the back. And his lack of experience and dismissal results thus far in European competition fills you with even less hope. And if he puts a weakened side out then God help him as he's in NO position to do that. He both needs results NOW and he needs to learn how to play in European football. I don't for one minute expect it to be. But It'd better be the strongest possible team or he deserves all the ****e he'll get. 

Fully expecting a collapse in France. And honestly, out of Norwich, Carlisle and Villa at home next week; who's totally confident for a win in any of those games? Never mind what we should do. Who's sat here right now fully believing we actually will

Sighs. It's a good job European aways are all about the social side and great food, wine and company and new cultural experiences rather than the football. 

Because as I prepare to drive down to East Midlands tonight that's all I've got to look forward to.

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

I'll ask this today as I'm out the Country tomorrow .....

Does anyone honestly see us getting a result in Bordeaux?

No, I don't.  I think the feeling of last year has set in among the returning players and an overwhelming "WTF" has set in among the new signings...

• Like 1

No, I don't.  I think the feeling of last year has set in among the returning players and an overwhelming "WTF" has set in among the new signings...

Sadly lil' bro', even friends who have clung to backing him are ALL of the same opinion. 

Just don't know where we go from here and how much worse it has to get for Boston to put him and ourselves out of our collective misery. 

Hail. 

• Like 1

And YOU! 

You'd better win the Derby! If soft ass above won't fix this, then I'mma then looking at YOU to win the Derby and bring us to the tipping point of no return!

DON'T let me down. Or I'll send over the Bootle boys. You DON'T want a visit from the Bootle boys! He's only escaping that because it would piss mom off and I'd be all in **** for picking on him again. 'But he's a Ranger!' ..... 'He's your baby brother. Play nice or I'mma tan your ass!' ..... You SERIOUSLY don't know what I'm up against. So it's all on YOU!

Hail. 

Haha, things are really bad if you want Everton to win the Derby.

Sadly lil' bro', even friends who have clung to backing him are ALL of the same opinion. 

Just don't know where we go from here and how much worse it has to get for Boston to put him and ourselves out of our collective misery. 

Hail. 

We all gave him the benefit of the doubt to start the season, too. 

The thing I dread is that someone else hires Klopp (maybe a Chelsea or the like) and then we are stuck with a re-tread or another aspiring idiot.

Haha, things are really bad if you want Everton to win the Derby.

We're in it for long-term gain, brother.

Just like I'm willing to sit through a boring offense with the Redskins this year.  It's keeping the score close and it's grooming the young hogs.

Gotta see the big picture.

• Like 1