Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Some **** defending and a static mid field. Nothing remotely dangerous. Gomez on the left has no lefty cross- how does THAT happen at this level?

Sakho for lovren too... Lovren tweaked a hammy. It was already taped up and he kept grabbing it.

• Like 1

Some **** defending and a static mid field. Nothing remotely dangerous. Gomez on the left has no lefty cross- how does THAT happen at this level?

Don't get me started on the amount of one footed pros.

Been a big bugbear for years.

Stop back and spend extra time after training to get stronger your weaker foot. Not like you train for more than a couple of hours a day anyway.

Hail.

That's two **** ups from Lovren in a two minutes :lol:

Sakho for Lovren

Ings for Milner

Moreno for Skrtel

I got two out of three.

Do we get to see the Diamond?

Back 3, then...

That'll at least widen the pitch

I love you man but I don't know how you reason Arsenal are even title contenders, much less tipping them to win it all. 

If I had faith in Rodgers, I would be VERY disappointed if we finished behind them. They're still 2 or 3 players short in the first XI. Let alone depth. And still over play to absolute tedium. 

They or Utd are in BIG danger of dropping out of the top 4 this year if we get on a roll. 

Just it's a big 'IF' from us. Although the early signs are surprisingly promising.

Hail. 

You may want to concentrate on simply beating that giant football club known as da Hammers before you start booking UCL tickets for next season.

Just the effort was **** today... the only decision that I didn't like from Rodgers personnel-wise was bringing off Firmino after Coutinho was sent off.

Why?

Who's your attacking mid.  Just a **** effort from the players.  Maybe they read their press after the Arsenal match.

Two weeks to wake up.

I've played in hockey games like this.

Fair play to West Ham.  Outplayed us and capitalized.

That just compounds it. 

Terrible day at the office. No pace. No movement, No commitment. And I'm FAR more pissed with the players than the manager. Compounded by even worse officiating. 

Worst showing of the year by far. 

Shockingly bad performance. Congratulations West Ham. FULLY deserved. 

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

At least Chelsea lost

Can't do epic **** when you lose to basic clubs.

Two weeks to fix it and prepare without Phil.

LOL @ Chelski losing at home to Palace.  Yeah, the're on their way to the treble.....

Don't know what to make of West Ham.  Vs Arsenal and Pool, they looked very good.  Against Leicester and Bournemoth they look like crap.

Just need ManUre to crap the bed and I'm happy.

Want to watch a great match with lots of attacking, tune into FoxSports2 at 12:30 for Bayern vs Bayer Leverkusen.

Not gonna lie am sat in stunned disbelief... A win at Anfield, 3 goals a clean sheet. First win in 52 years and honestly thought I wouldn't be alive to see the day... Certainly didn't expect today especially after the 2 shambolic defensive displays the last 2 weeks! Who need an Olympic stadium when you have 2 games like we've had this season!!!

• Like 2

Not gonna lie am sat in stunned disbelief... A win at Anfield, 3 goals a clean sheet. First win in 52 years and honestly thought I wouldn't be alive to see the day... Certainly didn't expect today especially after the 2 shambolic defensive displays the last 2 weeks! Who need an Olympic stadium when you have 2 games like we've had this season!!!

Congratulations man.

FULLY deserved.

Hail.

OK game. Howard had to come up big a couple of times, made some great saves. We created a couple chances but couldn't put it together. First half was much better, second half the midfield wasn't putting it together. Looking forward to Deulofeu getting to fitness and seeing more time. Tends to get in a number of dangerous crosses every game he plays.

Kone actually looks OK this year which is nice. Not some great striker, but can make space and be a threat which is a big mprovement on last year.

Can't complain too much about a point on the road. Now two weeks to prepare for Chelsea.

• Like 1

Meh, I'll pass.

Like Scotland, it get's boring knowing the outcome before the season has even started with one team having the financial power to dominate all others. 

Hail. 

Wow, please tell me that you were just joking about this post, right?

As far as dominate other teams, you have a side that has spent more this transfer season (Man Citeh) that the ENTIRE bottom 16, combined, in your league.  No other league has a side like that.  Your defending champion (Chelski) spent more than the bottom 14, so please don't talk about league spending.

As for one side, what would Pool do if Southampton didn't train/raise players for them????  They spent most of the money from the sale of a great striker on players from a mid-table EPL side.  Nice....

Bottom line is that Bayern spend well (vs Pool and many other EPL sides who just spend) and enhance their squad, not fill it up with names on a shirt.

Bayern spent less than Pool each of the last 3 years, and Bayern have improved and Pool have, at best, stayed stagnant. Stop all this crap about BL being a one team league, Bayern would have easily won the EPL, France, and Italy top leagues, in a stroll (spending lots less than the slave (oil) money of Citeh and mob (oil) money of Chelski.  The same 4 sides (except for that one season) represent the EPL in CL, while over the last 4 season, 10 different sides have been there for BL (who is more boring, eh).

Now, to be serious, European soccer has changed over the last 10 or so years.  All the top leagues (Spain, Germany, England, France, Italy) and even the second tier are all dominated by a few teams.  Spain = Barca/Rm, Germany = Bayern/Dortmund  England = Chelski/Citeh, France = PSG, Italy = Juve.  The sad reality of the current state.  Just gonna get worse when the EPL gets its big money payout next year.  Just lots of $$$ for medi-ocre players.

Edited by btfoom

I wasn't talking about league spending. Or comparing clubs. 

I was talking about one team dominating all others financially to the point the Bundesliga is a foregone conclusion before the season even starts. It's as boring as Scotland in that respect. 

Hail. 

But how is either Chelski or Citeh a fun league to watch?  As I said, there are only 1 or 2 teams to win the top league, anyway.

At least the bottom clubs in BL actually play soccer and try to attack, in the EPL it's just put 10 guys behind the ball and defend to draw 0-0.

Also, the biggest item over the last  5 years, is that Bayern have been a dominant team, like only Barca can match. They would have made EPL been just as much of a conclusion as the BL.