Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Provided Utd don't get something at Swansea later (and even if they do, that gaps still just 1 game); we're right where we wanted to be going into the break. Level (or in touch) with Arsenal and Utd. Having already played at one of those teams. With the added bonus of being a game ahead of Chelsea. (Although I still don't see anything other than a 2 horse race between them and City so 'bonus' is all that is.). 

It's just stinging after the total shock of yesterday's complete 'non' performance in every aspect. Made even more galling by the great start, coming off the back of the fantastic showing at Arsenal; and, with no disrespect intended, getting our ass's handed to us by a very average side with a shocking record at Anfield. 

But we've 2 weeks to regroup now and get back on track. Hopefully this was just a blip. If a highly embarrassing wake-up call. 

All in all a more than satisfactory start to the year. I had us down at 6 points at this stage. (Expected losses at Stoke and Arsenal and 2 home wins.). So ahead of schedule there. A lot of positives to take out of the first 4. (Yesterday's disgrace aside.). With still some adjustment and work to go. 

But we CAN'T be dropping home points so freely in games we have no right to lose going forward or else we've NO chance of progressing back into the top 4.

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

Benteke's size and power against the woeful Blind and Smalling next time out ..... should be 'interesting.'

Not going to even dare hope for a win given we NEVER get any luck against Utd, particularly there. 

But I think I'd be just as worried about L'pool if I were a Utd fan. 

Hail. 

Liverpool has shown nothing so far this year.

I watched Bayern early this morning in a replay of yesterday's game.  Nice that Fox Sports is showing the Budesliga now.  Watching the Man U game I felt sorry for my boy Schweinsteiger as he had no offensive weapons to pass the ball too.  Going to be a long season if Man U cannot find anyone else up front.  If Bayern can keep Robben healthy they should once again advance in the UEFA tounament.

I am looking forward to see how Bayern does against Arsenal in the group stage of UEFA.  Man U got lucky with their seeding while Man City will have a tough beginning road.

Liverpool has shown nothing so far this year.

Presume you missed the Arsenal game last Monday night?

They were solid if unspectacular in winning at Stoke opening day. Very poor, particularly second half against Bournemouth. Should of won at least 3-1 at the Emirates.  And then had yesterday's embarrassing disgrace against West Ham. Been a lot of positives to take from the first four whilst still having a lot of work to do going forward. 

But then in all honesty outside of City, everyone of the big 5 has been pretty darn poor performance wise to this point. The only saving grace fro Arsenal, L'pool and Utd is they all have a decent amount of points on the board from the first four and are all level with each other. Chelsea don't even have that at present. 

And that's all that really counts early. Getting as many points as you can. Regardless of how you achieve them. Teams are still working up to full match fitness/ getting reacquainted with one another/ getting used to new systems and players et all the first month of the season. 

Performances come later. 

Hail. 

Monaco wants to squeeze ManU dry for Martial: €60 mil + Marcos Rojo on a loan. :D

£36 million fee being reported as agreed. (around €49.5 million.). No word on a loan return as yet. 

FFF given him permission to break camp and fly to England to finalise. 

World record fee for a teenager. Ridiculous. But leave it this late in the window and clubs rape you blind in your desperation. 

Hail. 

£36 million fee being reported as agreed. (around €49.5 million.). No word on a loan return as yet. 

FFF given him permission to break camp and fly to England to finalise. 

World record fee for a teenager. Ridiculous. But leave it this late in the window and clubs rape you blind in your desperation. 

Hail. 

Latest rumor today 14:18:00 saying it's a whopping £58 mil or €80 mil transfer, bonus included. :rolleyes:

List of Monaco's garage sale:

KONDOGBIA (Inter) - €40M

KURZAWA (PSG) - €28M

ABDENNOUR (Valencia) - €30M

FERREIRA-CARRASCO (Atletico Madrid) - €20M

FALCAO (Chelsea, loan with option) - €6M

OCAMPOS - €7M

ISIMAT-MIRIN (PSV Eindhoven) - €3M

That's € 214 mil !!!!

Yeah I take back what I said last week. You can overtake Man U...that team is not impressive at all

They're sadly getting Navas in return but a big drop on DDG. 

And they've gone WELL overpaid for this kid from Monaco, whilst letting Wilson and Jenuzai go out on loan and Hernandez leave for Leverkusen. So they started off with Rooney, who is a pale shadow of anything he once was, and Hernandez and an unproven kid. And now it's reduced to Rooney and another unproven kid. Brilliant logic from LVG. 

And the talk tonight is Rojo on his way tomorrow weakening the defence even further. 

All after dilly and dallying over over Pedro to the point he got frustrated and turned to Chelsea. Now they're trying to get a summer's worth of deals done in 24 hours. 

Madness. But ****ing hilarious to watch.  :lol:

Hail. 

LMFAO! 

De Gea has fallen through. Paperwork not done in time. Monumental **** up of EPIC proportions. 

Now Utd are left with a pissed off player, who Van Gaal will piss of even more by not playing because he's pissed off; and who will leave for nothing in a year. 

This is beyond hilarious. 

Hail. 

• Like 1