Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Second pretty darn good night of European footie in a row. (From a personal POV.). 

CSKA through. (Pain in the ass Moscow and you need to get the visa in person now from either London or Edinburgh to make it worse.). Astana through. Much rather Cyprus than the logistical nightmare of Kazakhstan. Nice City in Bruge to make up for Utd going through. And Partizan slightly better than the visa and **** of a place to get to that is Belarus. Could of done with Lazio not dropping but can't pull them anyway. 

I'll put the pots up after tomorrow nights games in readiness for Friday's draw. 

And Everton currently in extra time at Barnsley the League Cup. (3-3.).

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

As that stands, I'll take, in order:

Pot 1. Bilbao/ Schalke/ Dortmund/ Marseille/ Villarreal/ Lisbon. Strictly NO Basle or Naples knobheads. And could well do without Kazn and Dnipro.

Pot 3. Prague/ Bordeaux/ Fenerbache/ Nicosia/ Monaco/ Liege/ Bern (Young Boys)/ Besiktas/ Athens.. Strictly NO Polish knobs in Warsaw or Poznan. And no Russia please. 

Pot 4. Korce/ St. Etienne (IT'S ON FF!)/ Augsburg/ Belenenses/ Liberec/ Vienna/ Gronigen/ Sion. Strictly NO Belgrade hoolis!

Have to be REALLY unlucky not to get some boss trips here. 

Does it show I'm like a kid at Christmas waiting for 12 PM Friday?  :lol:.

Hail. 

I see you lingering Mr. P....

I got you right here pimp:

Barnsley 2-0 Everton

Mr. P... where did you go!?!?

Someone please make sure he's okay. We're going to have to run and take his stash of Gary Lineker highlight tapes again.

Hah, thankfully I couldn't watch the game. Though as woeful as that was at least we got the win. :/

• Like 1

Hah, thankfully I couldn't watch the game. Though as woeful as that was at least we got the win. :/

You say that now... but I have video evidence of what it was like at HT for you, my brother.  We care...

Lord knows what could've happened if GHH and I didn't show up when we did.

Nice assist from jo.

• Like 1

Apparently Robles continues to show that he is no threat whatsoever to take the starting job from Howard. If Robles is playing just take shots, he will let something in.

Stones transfer request rejected, which is good. He was apparently partially at fault for the first two goals, but he is our best CB for sure. Probably finally letting the whole situation distract him.

You say that now... but I have video evidence of what it was like at HT for you, my brother. We care...

Lord knows what could've happened if GHH and I didn't show up when we did.

Nice assist from jo.

To be fair, I have gotten so used to soul crushing losses with my teams I am becoming more numb than anything. The numbness protects me from the pain.

• Like 1

On the Stones saga I can see both sides. Stones signed a 4 year extension I think last year, if he wanted a move he should not have signed that contract. But equally Everton have to think if it's worth them standing in the way of a player who wants to move on to bigger things with a chance to compete for trophies and, of course, a big pay rise. For £40M I think they should sell him and use some of that money to bring in say Johhny Evans from Man U who is apparently available.

Keeping a player who is unhappy rarely works out well.

On the Stones saga I can see both sides. Stones signed a 4 year extension I think last year, if he wanted a move he should not have signed that contract. But equally Everton have to think if it's worth them standing in the way of a player who wants to move on to bigger things with a chance to compete for trophies and, of course, a big pay rise. For £40M I think they should sell him and use some of that money to bring in say Johhny Evans from Man U who is apparently available.

Keeping a player who is unhappy rarely works out well.

The issue is Chelsea was playing around making low offers for most of the transfer window. If they wanted him they should have made their offer sooner. Now even if they are offering 40 million for him, we cant sell him. The transfer window is almost closed, we wont have enough time to get replacements in.

Why sell him when we dont have to if it will make us weaker as a whole?

Edited by MisterPinstripe

Sounded an absolute stormer with a combined 40/50 some shots on target.

You missed real entertainment.

Hail.

I almost bought beIN just so I could watch the League Cup. May end up doing it later if we get further, not horribly expensive. We keep getting knocked out early in the League Cup so was shying way from paying it. Robles is so awful, we really need to bring in another keeper.

• Like 1

I almost bought beIN just so I could watch the League Cup. May end up doing it later if we get further, not horribly expensive. We keep getting knocked out early in the League Cup so was shying way from paying it. Robles is so awful, we really need to bring in another keeper.

It'll get to Fox the later it gets.

Though DirecTV has that all in the same package.

The issue is Chelsea was playing around making low offers for most of the transfer window. If they wanted him they should have made their offer sooner. Now even if they are offering 40 million for him, we cant sell him. The transfer window is almost closed, we wont have enough time to get replacements in.

Why sell him when we dont have to if it will make us weaker as a whole?

I like Stones, think he has a lot of potential. But he's not the finished article yet. £30M which I think is what Chelsea started at was not a low offer - it's was a very good offer. But like Sterling there is a premium on young English players with potential and teams are having to overpay to get them.

Latest is Everton have rejected the latest Chelea offer. Part of me applauds them for sticking to their guns but I think they are making a mistake not taking £40M for him.

Everton should have been able to anticipate this happening at this time and have other options ready to go if they decide to move him. But it looks like they are going to keep him.

Edit.

Good Champions League draw for Chelsea and Man U, OK draw for Arsenal. Tricky draw for Maan City.

• Like 1

Wolfsburg! Jammy Manc ****s. Would of loved that. Hoped for that the Europa a year or two back. Think we looked at Hanover then the train up. Although the ball ache of Moscow and the boredom that is Eindhoven balances that out. Wouldn't like to call that group at all on the pitch. 

MEGA jealous of the other three English sides 

Arsenal got two guaranteed brilliant trips in Munich and Athens. Zagreb is dodgy and an expense getting there but gorgeous. Should be through. 

Chelsea have only fallen unlucky with Kiev. Porto is brilliant and Tel Aviv has the makings of a great one. Should be easily through. 

And City have two boss ones in Seville and Gladbach. Though I'd swerve the carnage that would be Turin of it were ourselves. Wouldn't like to call that one wither. 

Roll on tomorrow lunchtime. The anticipation is killing me. 

#likeakidatchristmas

Hail. 

Everton have just outright refused to sell to anyone now. The loans clearly don't matter compared to keeping a player like Stones

That's after statements from Martinez and Kenwright. It's almost certainly not happening now:

Everton Football Club has rejected a transfer request from John Stones

Since the start of the transfer window, we have resolutely turned down offers from another Premier League football club for our player. 

John is not for sale and he will remain a highly valued member of our first team squad.

Bill Kenwright
Chairman, Everton Football Club

Hail. 

Like the draw for Bayern.

Arsenal will give them 2 nice warm-up matches for group stage.

Arsenal will qualify for knock-out round, then get beat by RM or Atletico.

Chelski keep getting Europa quality opponents.  Will win, then crash out, like usual.

Citeh will finish 3rd in their group (and I will laugh heartily).

ManUre get easy group as well, but Wolf to pull the upset and everyone gets to see that beating Brugge isn't the end all/be all in UCL.

sorry, didn't see where Pool ended up.

• Like 1