Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

I love all of these "offsides" replays with Ramsey's head clearly offsides.

#Robbery

I mean... to be fair, it was extremely close but it was offside.

Coutinho terrifies me every time he touches the ball

Just in case you try to edit it later

Agree on Ox, though, he needs to play.

Gomez was a turnover machine with lots of misplaced passes. He'll be on loan in December.

I take that back, you have no one else.

Are you serious?

You started with Ozil over there... and then moved him over to Clyne.  THAT is how good Gomez was.

Not that Ozil did anything on Clyne...but just the same.

2nd time in a month a teenager put him in their pocket.

Gomez needs to be better on the ball.  He's a center half for crying out loud just trying to figure out the position.

And you'll be midtable by the end of the season looking up at Everton. 

And you should be outraged at that blown call—ye of the constant injustice seeking. 

Yeah, I'm sure that's the only reason Ozil moved. Since you don't watch a lot of Arsenal games, our guys move freely. Which doesn't make my statement false either. 

What kind of cowardly team dominates, then tactically goes in a shell early in the second half? At least I hope that was tactical. And not a lack of quality or fitness. Sad how Benteke couldn't score against our backups. 

And you'll be midtable by the end of the season looking up at Everton. 

And you should be outraged at that blown call—ye of the constant injustice seeking. 

Yeah, I'm sure that's the only reason Ozil moved. Since you don't watch a lot of Arsenal games, our guys move freely. Which doesn't make my statement false either. 

What kind of cowardly team dominates, then tactically goes in a shell early in the second half? At least I hope that was tactical. And not a lack of quality or fitness. Sad how Benteke couldn't score against our backups. 

By the sounds of things, Joe, I watch more Arsenal than you do.

Not sure I thought we'd play that well.  We play that well every match (with room to improve) we're going to be challenging... not for a top 4 spot.

Rodgers wanted to get a goal on the counter.  Hence Ibe coming in.  I think he was pleased with a goal in the first plus the team used a LOT of energy.  Strong result for Liverpool.

EDIT:  just realized you guys were the mid-table (almost exactly) team looking up at Everton right now :lol:

Edited by DC9

I love Giroud. But he had a few chances to put us up and failed each time. Theo isn't good enough to be a STRIKER at Arsenal. Simple as that.

5 points back already is not good. It was Title or bust for me this year so I'm not impressed at all

You're nowhere near a title winning side. You're not even a title challenging one. You're a GOOD ways behind City and Chelsea still. The hoopla over Cech has been out of control. You've needed a top notch DM and striker all summer and left it neglected. 

You are what you are and are in a 3 way battle for the top 4 with us and Utd which should be a great one this year. 

Great game. We probably just about deserved it on chances created but I'm MORE than happy with the result. we bossed the first. You came into it in the second. Wrong disallowed goal. Woodwork struck multiple times. Great 'keeping both ways. End to end for large parts. THATS what you want as a fan. To be entertained. 

Thought Benteke was excellent. I wouldn't even overly criticise him for the miss. Cech made a Worldie save as much as he should bury it so he gets a pass there. Added a whole new dimension to our attack. Been pleasantly surprised the first three and outstanding workrate. Great first start from a clearly not upto speed Firmino. Some brilliant touches. Nothing more to add on #12 or else I'll not stop gushing for the next 20 pages. And Clyne was solid again with little cover in front. Only Milner has been disappointing thus far. Great energy and workmate. But no end to it. Not dictating the play. And his tackling when he works back is non existent. Still, he's proven quality. 

Excellent result and an excellent start to the year. Real pleased to press. 

Roll on Friday now and the holiday lottery!

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

You guys are not challenging for 4th. For all the ****, we get for lack of finishing, you MF'ers barely have anyone that is a consistent threat other that Coutinho. Sure Benteke can hold the ball up but he's about as clinical as Giroud is and does nothing but fall over in the box despite the fact that he the biggest guy on the pitch.

It took a wonder goal from your only class player to beat Stoke and TWO controversial calls to beat Bournemouth and to draw with us.

Hell, if Chambers isn't playing, you wouldn't even have attempts on goal.

So unless your five mythical cups can convince Reus to join, you'll be duking it out with Spurs for the Transylvania Cup

And for all the slurpage you have Gomez, he Damn sure got put on skates when Ox came on.

I'm just waiting for GHH's RODGERS IS A BUMBLING FOOL rants that pop up around December.

He, like anyone else, will get praise or criticism as it's rightly deserved. 

Right now, after the first three games, particularly this one, praise is rightly deserved. 

Hail. 

You guys are not challenging for 4th. For all the ****, we get for lack of finishing, you MF'ers barely have anyone that is a consistent threat other that Coutinho. Sure Benteke can hold the ball up but he's about as clinical as Giroud is and does nothing but fall over in the box despite the fact that he the biggest guy on the pitch.

It took a wonder goal from your only class player to beat Stoke and TWO controversial calls to beat Bournemouth and to draw with us.

Hell, if Chambers isn't playing, you wouldn't even have attempts on goal.

So unless your five mythical cups can convince Reus to join, you'll be duking it out with Spurs for the Transylvania Cup

And for all the slurpage you have Gomez, he Damn sure got put on skates when Ox came on.

Now you're just chatting ****. 

Opening day games. The ONLY thing that matters is getting the result. Nobody's match fit. Nobody's on the same page. You get nottin' for style. And Stoke is one of the hardest places in the entire league to get a result Not least when you lost 6-1 there the last time. 

Bournemouth we just about deserved but no disagreement it wasn't great. But again, the first 5 games are just about the result. 

We are a whole lot solider at the back. And are starting to flow going forward. Benteke has given us a whole new option and there's the best English striker on his way back from injury quicker than expected. Firmino is still off the pace but flashed enough today to show what a threat he is when he's on it. And although Ibe was tentative, he is a great attacking prospect who will flourish the more experience he gets. 

But chat **** away. If I were you I'd be worried about my own side as you could well be the ones to fall out of the top 4 if you don't add. 

But each to their own. 

Hail. 

• Like 1

I'm just waiting for GHH's RODGERS IS A BUMBLING FOOL rants that pop up around December.

If you read what he, jo and I all talk about, today was about as close to what WE want as you'd get since Henderson was injured.

We wanted Can in the midfield and we wanted Firmino and Coutinho closer to Benteke and it worked (shocker) out well with the 4-3-3.  I think the only formation where Liverpool would look better is the 4-4-2 diamond with Ings or Sturridge up top together but that leaves us exposed a bit.

So in short, Rodgers got it right today.

When was that?  Like 88th when Gomez had about 6 miles under his belt? :lol:

Damn...you guys are already pinning hopes on Sturridge.

We just loaned a striker better than anyone on your team.

The goals will come.  This was the first time these guys have started together in the PL... as in today was their first go from the start.  You guys are unchanged from last year and other than Sanchez are unchanged for the last two years.

• Like 1

If you read what he, jo and I all talk about, today was about as close to what WE want as you'd get since Henderson was injured.

We wanted Can in the midfield and we wanted Firmino and Coutinho closer to Benteke and it worked (shocker) out well with the 4-3-3.  I think the only formation where Liverpool would look better is the 4-4-2 diamond with Ings or Sturridge up top together but that leaves us exposed a bit.

When was that?  Like 88th when Gomez had about 6 miles under his belt? :lol:

The goals will come.  This was the first time these guys have started together in the PL... as in today was their first go from the start.  You guys are unchanged from last year and other than Sanchez are unchanged for the last two years.

To run with that, REAL happy to be proved wrong thus far on Christian. 

Sincerely hope he rams it back down my throat all year. Outstanding tonight. 

Hail. 

• Like 1

Sincerely hope he rams it back down my throat all year.

Hail.

TOOC? naw, too easy. lol.

the boys looked good today in the first half, but that was a real nervy last 15-20 minutes. a solid away point at a tough ground. much better offensive movement than the first two games, and the third clean sheet in three games. much better than i expected going in (i would have had us on 4 pts now).

i did not like rossiter coming in... wtf? that's a hell of a spot to throw in an 18 year old into his first real game.

• Like 1

We wanted Can in the midfield and we wanted Firmino and Coutinho closer to Benteke and it worked (shocker) out well with the 4-3-3. I think the only formation where Liverpool would look better is the 4-4-2 diamond with Ings or Sturridge up top together but that leaves us exposed a bit.

When was that? Like 88th when Gomez had about 6 miles under his belt? :lol:

The goals will come. This was the first time these guys have started together in the PL... as in today was their first go from the start. You guys are unchanged from last year and other than Sanchez are unchanged for the last two years.

LOL

You must be confused. You sold Suarez...not a loan

Now that I've had time to decompress, not a bad day all in all. Cech stood tall when his teammates were down. It's a strange first month. United, Us, Chelsea have not been clicking. Only City seem to be hitting on all cylinders so far. Scary thing about them is that they're doing it quietly, but solidly. 

By the sounds of things, Joe, I watch more Arsenal than you do.

Not sure I thought we'd play that well.  We play that well every match (with room to improve) we're going to be challenging... not for a top 4 spot.

Rodgers wanted to get a goal on the counter.  Hence Ibe coming in.  I think he was pleased with a goal in the first plus the team used a LOT of energy.  Strong result for Liverpool.

EDIT:  just realized you guys were the mid-table (almost exactly) team looking up at Everton right now :lol:

Maybe since you have a strange fixation on Ozil. 

Yes, 'cause August means soo much. Enjoy August Champions League. How can he let Lucas leave? You have no one. 

Benteke is just another Emile Heskey. Coutinho is such a world class player he can't even make Brazil. 

Now that I've had time to decompress, not a bad day all in all. Cech stood tall when his teammates were down. It's a strange first month. United, Us, Chelsea have not been clicking. Only City seem to be hitting on all cylinders so far. Scary thing about them is that they're doing it quietly, but solidly.

and adding to their squad all the while. pedro looked mighty good last match, so here's hoping that de bruyne falls flat.

that was a good match today, though it only seemed to exacerbate things here between the mighty reds and the gunners. looking forward to the decider at fortress anfield on 1/12.

TOOC? naw, too easy. lol.

the boys looked good today in the first half, but that was a real nervy last 15-20 minutes. a solid away point at a tough ground. much better offensive movement than the first two games, and the third clean sheet in three games. much better than i expected going in (i would have had us on 4 pts now).

i did not like rossiter coming in... wtf? that's a hell of a spot to throw in an 18 year old into his first real game.

Thought the same thing with the taken out of context lol.

But I digress.

I questioned Rossiter coming in as well, but the more I thought about it last night the more I liked it.  One, we need a Scouser in the side; Two, he's dominated under 21... no where left to put him; Three, he needs reps if he's going to replace Lucas and we're also going to need a deep side with all of the cup comps this year.

LOL

You must be confused. You sold Suarez...not a loan

I'm out of likes, but I'll hit you back lol

Maybe since you have a strange fixation on Ozil. 

Yes, 'cause August means soo much. Enjoy August Champions League. How can he let Lucas leave? You have no one. 

Benteke is just another Emile Heskey. Coutinho is such a world class player he can't even make Brazil. 

After reading all of that you missed the big point... and that's that the MORE this Liverpool side play together... the BETTER they will get.

That was the first taste and Cech bought you a point last night.

I couldn't care less about Ozil... but when you guys talk him up as close to Coutinho it's laughable.  And with both on the same pitch last night, once again, the class player showed.

Some REALLY intriguing matches this week in the EPL:

Bournemouth and Leicester - yes... who would've thought this would be a fun game to watch this week?

Chelsea and Palace should be a fun watch as well.

and that's that the MORE this Liverpool side play together... the BETTER they will get.

You guys said that last year and by April/May the vibe was suicidal. The across the board Liverpool delusion is, well, breathtaking. 

Edited by Elessar78