Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

****ING PLATINI!

The ONLY good thing he ever did at UEFA (FFP) he's now gone and ruined down to big club pressure. 

No doubt his pockets have been suitably lined as well. 

Hail. 

I bet this this is FF compliant in Platini's flawed system.

"the club that finishes bottom of the Premier League in the 2016-17 season will pocket £99m.

The champions will earn more than £150m in prize money and that is before additional fees are paid to clubs who stage more TV matches than others." Link

For comparison, the evil empire will pocket just £33m winning la ligue 1

With these numbers no wonder why british clubs don't care about the champions league :)

Edited by FrFan

ManU are in shambles right now.

Januzai has a decent game, scores a goal, well, let's just ship him out.

Have a GK who we don't trust to play, well let's screw up the transfer and have a pissed off GK on the roster.  Nice.

Need striker because Rooney (1) isn't a natural lone forward, (2) has lost a step or 2, well let's WAYYYY overpay for a young, un tested fellow from France.

They are a complete joke.  

Of course, if Arsenal and Pool (and surely Spurs) can't overtake them, well THAT would be really bad.  

Want to know if anyone wants to change their opinion of ManU winning their UCL group (eh, Lalas????).

• Like 2

Illori to Villa for the year (£ 1M fee) with an option to buy.  He looked WELL short of PL level in the under-21 championships in the Czech Republic this past summer so not bothered about him departing.  And friends who watch the U-21's say he's looked nottin' special for them last year either. 

So one out, one in the final day. (The Brazilian kid we've had on trial for a while.). Pitty we're stuck with Enrique and his wages that he'd rather pickup than actually go somewhere and play (makes a mockery of the job description. Professional footballer ..... who isn't arsed about playing football); but a pretty darn good window all round. 

By my reckoning, our transactions have been:

In. 

£ 3.5 M. Charlton. The man, the myth, the living LEG-END Joe freaking Gomez!
Free. Bolton. Adam Bogdan. 
* Burnley. Danny Ings.
Free. Man City. James Milner. 
£ 10. M. (Possibly rising to £12M.). Southampton. Nathanial Clyne. 
£ 21 3M (Possibly rising to £28. 4M.). Hoffenheim. Roberto Firmno. 
£ 32.5 M. Aston Villa. Christian Benteke. 

*Tribunial- Still to be heard. (£6- 8 million.).

And a couple of young prospects:
£ 500K. Internacional. Allan Rodrigues De Souza.
£ 400K. Imperial Academy. Taiwo Awoniyi

9 players in for £ 68.2 M. (Possibly rising to £ 77.3 M.). With the Ings fee to be determined. 

Out. 

Free. Released. Steven Gerrard. 
Free. Released. Glen Johnson. 
Free. Released. Brad Jones. 
£ 5. M. Seville. Iago Aspas. 
£ 2. M. (Possibly rising to £ 4M.). Sunderland. Sebastian Coates. 
Loan Cancelled. Atletico Madrid. Javier Manquillo. 
£ 44. M. (Possibly rising to £ 49. M. - £ 9.8 M. To QPR 20% Sell on.). Man. City. Raheem Sterling. 
£ 3. M. West Brom. Ricky Lambert. 
£ 8. M. (Possibly rising to £10. M.). Sunderland. Fabio Borini. 

9 players out for £ 52.2. M. (Possibly rising to £61.1 M.). 

By my calculations, a net spend of £16 M. (Possibly rounding out at around £22/24.2 M. if all clauses are met.). 

With a load of promising kids out on loan. 

No need to dissect the individual transfers, but some terrific, and early, business done.

Disappointed we still neglected goalkeeper and centre back (which will surely be the next window aim); but overall VERY happy with both the business we've done and the way we've gone around it. 

On paper, you can make a good case that we're at least as strong as our realistic competitors for to get back into the top 4, Arsenal and Utd.

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

He won't, but I'd be playing Sakho and Gomez as a central partnership the Europa and Lge Cup, with Moreno filling at LB; with the hope that by season's end, I'd have a back four of Clyne and Flanno at FB, and Sakho and Gomez at centre half. 

And Sakho would defo be back in for Utd in place of Lovren. Muddle though with Skrtel there the league for now, but be aiming at transitioning to Sakho (or any addition better in January) and Gomez before the years out. 

And then next summer, really address 'keeper and defence.

Hail. 

Man...smdh...same ol' Arsene-al. This blows....not 1 single area of cover. I have no idea how he expects to keep the bandaids together throughout an entire Prem season + UCL + FA + that other cup that used to be called Carling.

Pretty apathetic about Arsenal right now.....which means more time to focus on.....

The LA GALAXY!!!

• Like 1

Spending spree top 10 according to Transfermarket

1 Manchester City : 203,38 M€

2 Manchester United : 149, 64 M€

3 Valencia : 142 M€

4 Atlético Madrid : 139,50 M€

5 Juventus : 127,40 M€

6 PSG : 116,10 M€

7 Liverpool : 111,91 M€

8 AC Milan : 90,97 M€

9 Inter : 86,45 M€

10 Bayern : 86 M€

List by league Out/In/Balance

Off Topic filmed this one this morning

Edited by FrFan

Looking ahead to Utd a week Saturday tea-time .....

I don't for one minute think he will, but I'd play Ings and Benteke and really go at their weak heart. 

Same back four sans Sakho for Lovren. Then a diamond with Lucas sat protecting them, Milner and Can, and Firmino at the head of it. With the latter three adaptable to pull wide into a 3 as and when, and Can filling in when Joe and Clyne push on. With Firmino the main playmaker I don't think we'd miss Coutinho as much as we fear this one. 

That's how I'd be preparing the next two weeks anyways. 

Play our game and let them worry about us.

Hail. 

So, tell us about Martial my friend. 

Hail. 

Martial was a member of the youth football academy of Lyon. He scored 32 goals in 21 games in the U17 league. He was outplaying all the others in his category. He played only 51 games with the pros scoring 11 goals.

He was traded to Monaco for €5M and a bonus on resale for "financial strategy" (WTH ?!). Aulas was really dumb on this trade, lol.

Is he worth €80M ? NO Is he talented ? YES

Will he play worth his transfer fee ?, I doubt it.

He is only 19 and has a tremendous pressure on him

As far as I know he doesn't have character issues.

He has a very limited experience with the pros, and never played with the Haircutters. All the others such as Neymar, Ronaldo, Higuain, Sterling had much more experience than him before being traded (for less, exception made of Neymar €86M).

Saviola was 19 when he was traded with very limited experience too (21 games), where is he now ?

Most important he is a Liverpool Fan !!!

martial-tweet.jpg

Translation: Look at the ass kicking Philippe is getting, and it's just halftime !

You went diving and swam along filming that? 

Man, I SERIOUSLY need a holiday at yours.  :lol:. That is beyond awesome and I'm SO jealous so help me lol. 

Hail.

This morning 125 feet deep, beautiful deep sea encounter in Corsica :)

Edited by FrFan
  • Like 1

What a dilemna, an LFC fan playing for ManC ! Shall we wish in good or bad GHH ? ;)

Ha Ha. My favourite was when Ole Gunnar Soksjaer signed there. 

The same Solksjaer who was the President of the Norwegian  Liverpool supporters club. 

It wasn't until he'd been there a few years (STILL holding the position) , that it came out and they went nuts forcing him to step down. 

It was quite hilarious. 

Hail. 

• Like 1

Arsenal's SB Nation blog is so sad. It's like a bunch of Arsenes running around spewing the same "well as long as we qualify for the CL for the 7994333rd year in a row..." Bull****

It's sad. Those MF'ers have zero ambition and it's embarrassing.

This club should expect more (GHH...please keep the snark to a minimum lol) and seeing fans cool with mediocrity drives me crazy.

Is that a Euro thing?

There is more money in football clubs with more substantial resources and less available players, said the Arsenal coach who recruited only Cech this summer, while his rivals have brought in more players. This is a big problem. [...] It's simple, when you want to buy something, you'll see the owner and if he does not sell, he does not sell. You can not buy. In our business it is exactly the same. In Europe there are 15 clubs with enormous financial resources. "

Tell it to Rybolovlev Arsène, he didn't want to sell Martial until Don genius made him an offer he couldn't refuse. Everything is for sale in this world (football) it's just a matter of how much.

I'm just wondering how much will be the final price tag for Pogba :rolleyes:

Edited by FrFan
  • Like 1

Arsenal's SB Nation blog is so sad. It's like a bunch of Arsenes running around spewing the same "well as long as we qualify for the CL for the 7994333rd year in a row..." Bull****

This club should expect more (GHH...please keep the snark to a minimum lol) and seeing fans cool with mediocrity drives me crazy.

Is that a Euro thing?

Only major club in Europe NOT to of signed an outfield player for the first team squad. 

That right? 

If it that is beyond damning and disgraceful on Wenger and the board. 

Hail. 

Right now, Pool must concentrate all their efforts into getting into top 4.

They don't have the talent to win the Europa League, and while the Cups are nice, they have a big opportunity to pass ManUre (and possibly Arsenal).  They need CL to be able to get top level players, and this season it is there for them, IF they can take hold of it.

• Like 1

Is that a Euro thing?

Welbeck out for months after knee surgery. 

So you have what up front, the mediocre Giroud and ...... Wingers shoved up there?

Arsene Wenger, the new FOOTBALL GENIUS!  :P.

Hail. 

Welbeck out for months after knee surgery. 

So you have what up front, the mediocre Giroud and ...... Wingers shoved up there?

Arsene Wenger, the new FOOTBALL GENIUS!  :P.

Hail. 

Along with the nonsense that he and his ardent supporters spout out in the news.  "Arsenal have plenty of quality strikers" - oh yeah, where are you hiding them?  "Arsenal do not need additional defenders" - OK, but you are going to leak goals vs top clubs.  And my favorite "Other clubs are spending too much on players" - I agree, but if you want to compete, you need to at least get ONE area of need on the field players.  They got NOTHING!!!!!!!

I hope all the supporters can enjoy the fact that they have lots of $$$$ in the bank.  I'm sure Arsenal will CUT ticket prices to reflect their lack of buying and addition of extra cash, right????

• Like 1