Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

You my friend are a living LEG-END! (Although I'd of gone with 'the ale house' over 'pub.' But yuse'll do for me la.). 

I have now lost ALL interest ion the Redskins game. I've gone from right down there to RIGHT up there!  :D.

Hail.

Definitely need to improve my scouser language ;)

Have a great celebration my friend !

Edited by FrFan
  • Like 1

I'm pretty happy and surprised that they actually pulled that trigger.

Hopefully the Redskins can pull out this game to complete an awesome day.

Write me a recap lil' bro' later will yer because I've honestly seen none of it. 

Just been on the 'phone and lappy ever since this broke ha ha. 

Gone from absolute rock bottom to absolutely buzzing!

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

Write me a recap lil' bro' later will yer because I've honestly seen none of it. 

Hail. 

This post is useless without a pic ! :D

• Like 1

Hail. 

Four words:

Cousins game-winning drive.

Go Reds/Go Redskins!

Klopp in for the break to implement the Geo-spacial system.  Next level football and I think it's where the game is going, which is why I wanted him.

• Like 1

Missed the whole first half for the boy's match (won 2-1 and he scored the first! ABSOLUTELY BEAMING cause he's the youngest on the pitch today)..

My daughter, 5, just started playing soccer. Is been super fun to see her picking it up. Been so proud of her, she constantly is putting in effort. Every second she is out there she is running hard. Getting back on defense and blocking shots, taking the ball off bigger kids.

She is also the only one that has picked up on spacing. As the ball moves up the field she is moving out wide to space. Of course her teamates arent at the point where they are looking to pass, but she is doing everything right.

My son may be able to start next year, he's more of a natural athelete, so we shall see how that goes. So much fun.

So, come on boys, enough of the secondary leagues, how did your kids to this week?  Don't care about win/loss, but did they have fun?  Did they do a move that wasn't done last week?  Do they enjoy the sport???

I miss coaching my kids soccer teams so much.  I need to hear some of this to keep my "jones" for the sport alive.  So jealous of you both and hope your kids had a great weekend w/soccer (and hope some parents brought good snacks).

• Like 1

So, come on boys, enough of the secondary leagues, how did your kids to this week?  Don't care about win/loss, but did they have fun?  Did they do a move that wasn't done last week?  Do they enjoy the sport???

I miss coaching my kids soccer teams so much.  I need to hear some of this to keep my "jones" for the sport alive.  So jealous of you both and hope your kids had a great weekend w/soccer (and hope some parents brought good snacks).

Funny you say this. I've tried to get my wife into pro soccer—won't have it. She saw a couple of ugly players and that's it for her. But she loves watching the kids I coach (our own kids are just getting into soccer age). 

So they're not my biological kids, but the kids I coach pulled off a classy 5-3 win, not as close as the score indicated. To use pointy football parlance, we started installing a new system over Labor Day and now it's starting to look pretty good. They're moving the ball around really well, side to side, not forcing it. No kick and run soccer. Lot's of 1-2s and all that good stuff. Oh and I was really worried we wouldn't be able to play this way because it was a torrential downpour and very cold but they did. Which was even more impressive for me. 

• Like 1

Funny you say this. I've tried to get my wife into pro soccer—won't have it. She saw a couple of ugly players and that's it for her. But she loves watching the kids I coach (our own kids are just getting into soccer age). 

So they're not my biological kids, but the kids I coach pulled off a classy 5-3 win, not as close as the score indicated. To use pointy football parlance, we started installing a new system over Labor Day and now it's starting to look pretty good. They're moving the ball around really well, side to side, not forcing it. No kick and run soccer. Lot's of 1-2s and all that good stuff. Oh and I was really worried we wouldn't be able to play this way because it was a torrential downpour and very cold but they did. Which was even more impressive for me. 

My Man, I'm jealous of you.  I am coaching volleyball now (U-12), but it just isn't the same.

What age/gender are you coaching? I wish I could be coaching soccer again.

Hope you continue to have a great season and your kids love the game.

My Man, I'm jealous of you.  I am coaching volleyball now (U-12), but it just isn't the same.

What age/gender are you coaching? I wish I could be coaching soccer again.

Hope you continue to have a great season and your kids love the game.

I love Volleyball, but never had the height to play it. I went to Penn State and that was always a fun time to watch both mens and women's teams. Our women are ridic. I think they've won their fifth NCAA championship in a row.

I'm coaching U11 boys right now. Not sure if you're familiar but USSF a few years back they started the "Development Academies" basically club teams for America's best youth players. We're not one of those, we do well in our area but not at that caliber. But anyway we went to a Labor Day tournament and got placed in a bracket with these Development Academy teams and they played us into the ground. We have good individual players, because we just focus on that at U9 and U10 but these teams were good. All their players were legit AND they played with a possession system. It's what Klinsmann is pushing for all our Olympic and Junior National teams play.

Anyway, so coming out of that debacle I decided that they had to learn to play that way or else we wouldn't compete with the best teams from Philly/DMV/Richmond/NY/NJ. 

Yeah, I think it's going to be a great year, not necessarily because of wins or losses, because they're really taking to the possession play. Not sure if you're a Guardiola fan, but we have a guy on staff that has studied with Barca's coaches and we use that program as the kids get older and it's pretty counterintuitive: so simple but so effective. 

My daughter scored the opening goal in a 2-1 win over the cross town rivals- HS level A pretty header back across the flow and nice and low off of a corner. She's typically a CDM and distributes more than she scores, so it was a fun game for her. My wife coaches, and the team is nice and young save for the stud senior. Daughter is a 9th grader, so lots of time to keep growing into it.

C'mon, Klopp!

• Like 3

To wrap up on Rodgers .....

Honestly don't feel for him at all, 

The club had completely and utterly stagnated under him. From the players through the supporters. Going the match was just NO fun anymore. Nobody went expecting to win. Regardless of WHO we were playing. (Carlisle pre-game was a glaring, recent disgraceful example.). 

He continually played players out of position. Persisted with his favourites no matter how piss poor they were. Came up with a multitude of ridiculous, desperate formations that not only changed game-to-game, but often during frigging games. His stubbornness was off the charts. That point above about Allen encapsulates all that was wrong with his tenure. The decision to not replace Mingolet alone two seasons running defied belief. Making Henderson the captain in a team desperately searching for leaders was moronic in itself. And the utter embarrassing bollocks he was coming out with to the media was cringe worthy. 

Too many are getting duped by '13/'14 when you could well justifiably argue he cost us the league as close as he came to winning it. Both in his bollocks tactics and substitutions the last three. And his complete neglect of setting up the team defensively at any point that year to aid a career year from Suarez and fit Sturridge for the vast majority of it. 53 goals we conceded. With the career year Suarez had we should of had the league locked up before the Chelsea bollocks if he gave a damn about defending. 

He'd sent the fans to as equally low ebb as what Hodgson had and Anfield in particular was a horrible place to go watch football this season with the absolute boring tedium he put out. 

No sympathy for him at all. I'll thank him for the roller coaster of '13/'14 as he was the manager. (As much as I blame him for costing us #19.). 

But the rest of it has been pretty consistent carnage. 

Good riddance.

Hail. 

Really buzzing at the prospects going forward, 

If they act swift (and I'm expecting a quick announcement), get one of the top two in, and change the way they go about things; FSG can still make an extraordinary return on their investment with a return to smart, attractive, Liverpool football. A reason for fans to go back the match excited and happy with a sense of pride instead of doing it out of loyalty with a sense of dread for what they were about to witness. 

I believe they've finally accepted money ball football doesn't work today and they'll have to go all out and get the very best there is and back him to the hilt. The reliable beat guys all say they're prepared to rip up the current module and change the whole upper management structure and give the new guy full control. Which can only be a great thing in itself. The way they've acted so swiftly is a positive right there and feels like a MASSIVE weight has been lifted that was dragging the club down. And with the league barely started, and the cups still in play; this year could yet have a fantastic turnaround with a competent man at the helm. 

Genuinely real excited about what could finally be the new era we've craved for SO long now.

Hail. 

• Like 2

Found out this morning that my best player got a buckle fracture on his arm playing backyard football yesterday. This kid is REALLY good, and me and the other coaches joke about "why was he allowed to do this? why was he not ensconced in bubble wrap?"

if carlsberg did Sunday's lol

Line of the day! :lol:

I know you'll be tickled by this .....

Rodgers last act as L'pool manager? To bring on the 'Welsh Xavi.' Doesn't that move right there encapsulate everything?  :lol:.

Hail. 

I heard he looked down the line at Robbie Martinez and said "This is the Welsh Xavi" while rubbing Allen's tummy like a troll doll.  Then patted Allen on the butt and said "Get out there and save me Joe". 

Joe trotz out onto the field and has a brilliant two touches.

We got rained out because of the hurricane that just missed but pushed a ton of rain into the area.  The pitch (which sucks to begin with) looks like a sponge in a sink full or water.

We'll make up the game tomorrow afternoon, though.  More to follow then.

Even the reliable sources are reporting this now. 

He may just be right for once.

Roll on later today. (Monday.). 

Hail. 

If he scooped us I'll never admit it to his face.

Unfortunately all of that rain hitting the east coast for the last week cancelled the game. So have to look forward to next week. She is loving it though man. At practice a couple of weeks ago she starting getting cramps. There were a few minutes of practice left when she came off because she was in pain, and I told her we could leave if she wanted to. She took a drink of water and said she wanted to go back in. She was loving it so much she went back in and hobbled around to finish off practice just because she wanted to keep playing.

So proud of her constant effort going forward and getting back on defense, as well as her moving into space.

• Like 2

If I was Tottenham I'd be bricking it. 

A Klopp lead L'pool with the whole fanbase behind him a week Sat'day will be a very powerful thing indeed. 

And his pressers will be absolute dynamite. 

The times they are a changing fellas'. We're on our way back!

Hail. 

I know I have been MIA for a while (my son plays on two soccer teams, a baseball team and is in scouts…my daughter cheers and is in gymnastics). I wonder if there is anyone happier than Emre Can that Rogers is gone…I doubt it

• Like 2

I know I have been MIA for a while (my son plays on two soccer teams, a baseball team and is in scouts…my daughter cheers and is in gymnastics). I wonder if there is anyone happier than Emre Can that Rogers is gone…I doubt it

j! Yer disappearing, ducking and diving sneaky MF yer! Who yers think yers are? A Scouser? :lol:.

We're sat on our cycle coming around again man. Just HOW excited are you waiting for him to be officially unveiled? 

Hail. 

• Like 1