Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Congrats if it really happens.  I give some credit to Klopp/Dortmund for the current state of Bayern.  They pushed, won the league and made it to a CL final.  Made Bayern work harder and come up with more.  Now you see the best team in Europe (currently).

Just don't get your hopes up about this season.  You still have an average squad who will take time to become used to Klopp and a more German style of soccer.  If you are patient, you will be rewarded.  Expect Europa and EPL trophies, well, you will be disappointed again.  

As long as he has final say over the next 2-3 transfer windows, Pool will be fine.

• Like 2

Congrats if it really happens .....

Thank you. And it already as good as has. This was agreed last week in principle. Or else they would never of moved so swiftly on Rodgers. Just a matter of the finer details.

Just don't get your hopes up about this season.  You still have an average squad who will take time to become used to Klopp and a more German style of soccer.  If you are patient, you will be rewarded.  Expect Europa and EPL trophies, well, you will be disappointed again.  

As long as he has final say over the next 2-3 transfer windows, Pool will be fine.

For the remainder of this season I expect what I would of expected under Rodgers had he been at all competent to manage the squad. A top 4 finish, a serious run at the Europa League, and a good domestic cup showing.

As poor as we've benn to date, the league has been completely up and down the first 8 games and we're a mere 3 points out of 4th. And 6 points off top spot. Within 2 games off three of the other 4 challengers for the top 4 slots. And 2 games clear of the other one, Chelsea. Klopp's walking into an excellent situation there. And if he hits the ground running and get's a few wins out of the gate, the momentum could really roll. We will now take the Europa League seriously too. He'll want to do real well in that. Really optimistic that by his mere enthusiasm and the massive lift he's given the fanbase who are all 100% behind him, this season could well turn into WAY more than we ever expected from the Irish idiot. And when he get's a settled system in place, with players not being played out of position, things can only get better still. 

Long term, I agree, we'll be fine. 

Watch out. If FSG have got this one right and are backing it to the max, L'pool's cycle could well be coming round again. 

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

January will be interesting.  If Newcastle hire Rodgers... the money we'll get from him for Joe Allen will be gamechanging.

We'll probably be able to get Hummels straight off.  Sure he'll be cup tied for Europa but we'll be able to use him in the Premier League.

Also hoping this Coutinho stuff is more related to Brendan Rodgers and less related to wanting to go play for Barca.

If not, that needs to be a 100 mil return.

Liverpool coaches Sean O’Driscoll and Gary McAllister leave club | Football | The Guardian

All gone bar Lijnders. 

Shame being as O'Driscoll, as much as he should never of been allowed ANYWHERE near Anfield (like the completely inexperienced Rodgers when he was appointed), left a position with England to take the role and Gary Mac was just made up to be back at Anfield. Poorly handled by FSG who should of bin bagged him straight after the Stoke disgrace instead of letting it role and (presumably, unless he's a complete backstabbing ****) forcing him to get rid of his guys. 

But let's be honest, they've both had little to no effect on the abysmally bad, sterile ****e that has rolled over from last season and at least they aren't costing a fortune in guaranteed contract money. 

Hopefully Achterberg is HIGH on the cut list too given as he's the individual coach to one of the worst 'keepers in the league. 

All for everyone paying and a completely new staff coming in to start this new and exciting era.

Hail. 

Amazing that there have only been that many managers in all those years.  Testament to how good that club has been.  Blackburn have had 5 managers since Venky's have taken over...

Absolutely. 22 full time managers in 123 years. Mind blowing when you stop and think about it but as you say, it's a testimony to not only the ridiculous success of the football club, but the very nature of what they're all about. 

Here's hoping it's a LONG time before we're talking about #24 and he goes down as one of the most successful and an all time L'pool great. 

Hail. 

• Like 1

Monumentous day. 

We've gone from a complete incompetent buffoon to one of the best managers in the World who can't fail to get FAR more out of the current team than we're currently seeing. And that's before we even get to January and his first dabbling's at improvements. 

He'd gonna' be ****ing adored. Can not wait for Tottenham next Sat'day lunch time. And the first home against Kazan will be electric.

One of my happiest days as a red. Gods honest. 

Welcome Jurgie. Excite us and make us proud again!

Hail. 

• Like 1

January will be interesting.  If Newcastle hire Rodgers... the money we'll get from him for Joe Allen will be gamechanging.

We'll probably be able to get Hummels straight off.  Sure he'll be cup tied for Europa but we'll be able to use him in the Premier League.

Also hoping this Coutinho stuff is more related to Brendan Rodgers and less related to wanting to go play for Barca.

If not, that needs to be a 100 mil return.

First, very happy for you guys.  As I said before, Klopp is a great manager and you will love the style of play.

He's not bringing over Dortmund players this break as they are actually playing for UCL spot next year and will be buyers in January.  They don't need to sell and these guys are very loyal to TT right now.

• Like 2

This one has me in tears....

Ingsy @lallanabanana 13m13 minutes ago

How many times have we won it, Jurgen?

CQzpKcyWUAA8grf.png

Introductory presser at 5 AM EST tomorrow. 

Make sure your lazy ass is up and whooping Soldier!

Hail. 

Oh I already have the link!  You think I'd miss this?

Matthew Ordish @AnfieldMatt 6m6 minutes ago

Reus confirmed

CQzr34cWIAA9C8p.png

Welcome to the show, Gaffer.  Let's get it in, now.

The Anfield Chat @TheAnfieldChat 3s4 seconds ago

Klopp in Liverpool! http://vine.co/v/e0KP1K9Ibv7 

• Like 3

Personally think Klopp is a little bit over hyped/rated.

But he's good and a great fit for Liverpool. He's also joining English football at the perfect time, the league is bang average at the moment.

He'll do well and be very entertaining along the way.

Also, whenever I now see a picture of a smirking Klopp I think of GHH. Don't know why, but it's wierd and mildly disturbing.

• Like 2

Been absolutely frigging hilarious listening to our bitter blue friends BTW. 

Apparently Klopp is akin to Mike Walker. I **** you not. Down to both punching above their weight with smaller clubs and both having some decent results in Europe ..... Klopp who took Dortmund to two titles and a European Cup final. Walker who took Norwich to the UEFA Cup and had one win against Munich. The only frigging similarity is both clubs play in yellow!

Seriously, the everyday delusions of Evertonian's who have NOTTIN' else but L'pool to look forward to twice a year you just wouldn't believe.

Hail. 

• Like 2