Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

that has me depressed and hopeful at the same time.

c'mon henry... make the move! if a drubbing at goodison is what it takes, that's what i'm pulling for.

How utterly horrible is it when you're reduced to this for the better good of your team?

Seriously. When Liverpudlians are not assed if we lose or not, let alone wanting to lose to them, then you KNOW we've hit absolute rock bottom. 

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

from an ESPN article:

There are very few indications that Liverpool are about to improve and there are clear weaknesses wherever you look. Simon Mignolet has never convinced, no amount of tinkering with the defence has kept the goals out, there's no width in the midfield and they've only scored more than one goal in a game on a single occasion this season. The club has wasted tens of millions of pounds in the transfer market, the squad lacks balance, the tactics aren't working and they face the very real prospect of humiliation against Everton this weekend. Not all of this is Rodgers' fault, but he cannot argue that the majority of it falls under his jurisdiction.

terrible.

Edited by dchogs
  • Like 2

Well then...

Dave O’Connell ‏@DaveOCKOP

The reliable @GraemeKelly1 says Rodgers is going next week!

I'll say again... I'll believe it when I see it.  But I do have that feeling that I found where mom hid the Christmas presents and I know what I'm getting.  Trying to fight it.

Apparently all the reliable twitter sources are saying he's done after the derby regardless. 

One can but hope .....

Hail. 

• Like 1

Oh, please let this happen. It'll still take some time to fix and get a real system in place (to say nothing of actual players to FIT THE SYSTEM, ahem), but it is a much needed step forward. Just watch the new manager be some low cost unknown "up and coming" guy.

• Like 1

Oh, please let this happen. It'll still take some time to fix and get a real system in place (to say nothing of actual players to FIT THE SYSTEM, ahem), but it is a much needed step forward. Just watch the new manager be some low cost unknown "up and coming" guy.

They wouldn't dare. The backlash would bring them down and make the anti-Hicks/ Gillete campaign look like a kindergarten spat. 

Hail. 

If they want to sell it's going to be a legit, known manager who has had success.

• Like 1

I hope FSG have their **** together... win or lose... I want it in writing.

I said a month ago that we needed to get a new manager before Arsenal and Chelsea get their hats in the ring.

Chelsea aren't sacking him off the back of a new contract anytime soon. And nor does he deserve to be. 

But darn if it's not ****ing hilarious watching his VERY public breakdowns with every passing defeat. 

Hail. 

• Like 1

LMFAO. Mourinho has just claimed refs don't give Chelsea any decisions as Sky would then ask questions. 

He's officially gone nuts. This is awesomely funny. LONG may it continue. 

Hail. 

The Evil Empire is lurkin' & droolin'

• Like 1

The U-18's won 4-0 at Utd this morning so there is that piece of good news so far as 'derby's' go this weekend. 

Brilliant to see the 'TwentysPlenty' campaign picked up by fans from all 4 divisions this weekend too. This was outside the L'pool/ Everton stores down L'pool1. Scouse solidarity. 

CQY11z5WgAAErKw.jpg

CQY11z7XAAEFVSW.jpg

CQY1197WcAAccDr.jpg

CQY115BWwAAZt9g.jpg

Hail. 

Chelsea aren't sacking him off the back of a new contract anytime soon. And nor does he deserve to be. 

But darn if it's not ****ing hilarious watching his VERY public breakdowns with every passing defeat. 

Hail. 

My brother in law just texted me that Klopp will be hired on Monday?

Heard anything on that?

He's normally wrong and I don't want to get my hopes up.

My brother in law just texted me that Klopp will be hired on Monday?

Heard anything on that?

He's normally wrong and I don't want to get my hopes up.

Klopp or De Boer. Take yer pick. The rumour mills running wild. And Liverpool loves a rumour. Nottin' from Barrett or Joyce so I'll sit tight and believe it when I actually see it. 

What should be the biggest game of the year and what always is my favourite game of the season (if you still live in the City, this tops Utd. There's no bigger rivalry/ hatred than L'pool- Utd and all that game has become. But the Derby to a Scouser tops that as you have to live with the opposition day in, day out); I'm both completely ambivalent to thanks to things being at rock bottom and wanting change through that for a club on big a downward spiral, and the fact I can't see anything other than a serious doing from the blue ****e for the first time in a LONG time. Just don't see any fight in the side what so ever for a derby scrap. Everton have the likes of Barkley, Naismith and Jaglieka. We have 11 gutless ****houses who can't even out intensify such luminaries as West Ham, Norwich, Carlisle and Sion over recent weeks. And even of we did, we still have one of the 3 or 4 worst goalkeepers in the league ready to undo any good work that might surprise us the other end. 

Grey and cold right now which sums up the current mood. 3-1 Everton. And if it is as bad as I fear, please, PLEASE let that be the tipping point that finally forces Boston to step in and end this nightmare.

That said, this is derby day. So let's at least try be positive and get in the right frame of mind for when the younger one wakes up .....

'If you're tired and you're weary, 

And your heart skips a beat, 

You'll get your f******* head kicked in, 

If you walk down Heyworth Street; 

If you come The Albert, 

​You'll hear r famous noise, 

Get OUT you Everton B********, 

We're the Billy Shankly Boys; 

We're the boys from the Kop, 

We're loyal and we're true, 

And when we play the Ev er ton, 

We're ready for a do;