Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

GHH, thanks for posting the roster. I'll be at the game in Baltimore against the Spurs, really looking forward to it.

I hope they come to a quick resolution about Carroll. Loan him out somewhere for a year (Stoke or West Ham) and pay Fulham what they want for Dempsey.

Sweet. Enjoy man. And as the 'Spurs game comes only 5 days before the first Europa Lge qualifier (draws this coming Friday), I'd hope the side that plays in Baltimore will more or less be the XI Rodgers intends to play in Europe to bed them in. Should be the most competitive of all the three games too.

Slightly disagree on Carroll though bro'. If they are gona' loan him out, I hope it's to somewhere like Milan which has been mentioned. Another English side just doesn't make sense. Certainly not to a side like Stoke or West Ham where the only improvement he'd get would be in his heading as it would be constantly lumped upto him. Milan or the like would make sense for the far higher standard always round. Otherwise, I'd keep hold of him. He improved ten fold in his overall game as last year rolled, and was beginning to look a quality player the last month of the season. And it's not like there's a great deal of options up front.

With you on Dempsey though man. Wouldn't mind him in the mix at all for the next few years.

Have a blast watching the red men in Baltimore a week Saturday. I know a few guys that are travelling out and doing the whole tour. Friends with much more disposable income than me at present, lol. (Although I may well look at doing one of the two qualifiers if it's some obscure European ground I'm never likely to visit again. Outside of that, I'll wait to see what the groups throw up.).

---------- Post added July-16th-2012 at 05:03 PM ----------

That link doesn't work.

Link (and the point therein) works perfectly well for me. Shrugs.

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

GHH, thanks for posting the roster. I'll be at the game in Baltimore against the Spurs, really looking forward to it.

I hope they come to a quick resolution about Carroll. Loan him out somewhere for a year (Stoke or West Ham) and pay Fulham what they want for Dempsey.

I will be there, wear my new Warrior #8. I wonder if they (we) will sing YNWA...

---------- Post added July-16th-2012 at 06:29 PM ----------

Sweet. Enjoy man. And as the 'Spurs game comes only 5 days before the first Europa Lge qualifier (draws this coming Friday), I'd hope the side that plays in Baltimore will more or less be the XI Rodgers intends to play in Europe to bed them in. Should be the most competitive of all the three games too.

Slightly disagree on Carroll though bro'. If they are gona' loan him out, I hope it's to somewhere like Milan which has been mentioned. Another English side just doesn't make sense. Certainly not to a side like Stoke or West Ham where the only improvement he'd get would be in his heading as it would be constantly lumped upto him. Milan or the like would make sense for the far higher standard always round. Otherwise, I'd keep hold of him. He improved ten fold in his overall game as last year rolled, and was beginning to look a quality player the last month of the season. And it's not like there's a great deal of options up front.

With you on Dempsey though man. Wouldn't mind him in the mix at all for the next few years.

Have a blast watching the red men in Baltimore a week Saturday. I know a few guys that are travelling out and doing the whole tour. Friends with much more disposable income than me at present, lol. (Although I may well look at doing one of the two qualifiers if it's some obscure European ground I'm never likely to visit again. Outside of that, I'll wait to see what the groups throw up.).

I am really bummed that I won't see Suarez play! I thought Gerrard and Carroll where only missing the first game and joining for the rest of the tour? Either way, I hope Sterling and Suso get a lot of time, I'm excited to see them play!

I agree with both of you that Dempsey would be a good addition. I am still holding out hope for Ramirez or Erickson to go along with hopefully Walcott. Is there an end to the Russian oil money? Marin, Hazard and now Oscar?

..... I am really bummed that I won't see Suarez play! I thought Gerrard and Carroll where only missing the first game and joining for the rest of the tour? Either way, I hope Sterling and Suso get a lot of time, I'm excited to see them play!

..... Is there an end to the Russian oil money? Marin, Hazard and now Oscar?

If I'd of waited until tonight's paper, I'd of said that the England contingent of Carroll, Downing, Gerrard, Henderson, Johnson and Kelly aren't joining up with the other 28 players until Saturday and miss the first game. I jumped the gun there. Sorry.

Suso really needs to be more involved this year with the first team. Something Kenny should of been doing last year more. With 7 subs now, if you've identified a real talent that you think is gona' make it, as they have with him, then you can afford to have them involved regularly and not just the odd game every 3 or 4 months. Sterling frightens me as to just how good he can become. Obviously a lot of development to go, but the kids natural ability is ridiculous. Ala Barnes or McManaman, the ball is just glued to his foot and he glides effortlessly around the pitch. Forget Carroll going out on loan, we should be looking at either him or Suso getting a full season in the Championship or higher to aid their development. Suso who's just won the European Under-19's with Spain. Man the talent level in that Country is off the freaking charts.

Yup, seems like Abramovich is on another tear after their God awfully lucky FA Cup/ Champions League double win. (Which I still can't explain anymore than I can the same luck United had back in '99 right though their greatest ever season.). But we'll see how Di Matteo does with a still pretty old squad full of massive ego's and fractions now he's got the gig full time. Momentum carried them through the last 6 months of last year after he stepped in. Now the REAL job and hard work starts.

Have a blast at the 'Spurs game man. The only time I've ever gotten to see the 'Skins play live to date was at the '92 pre-season 'American Bowl' loss at Wembley to the '9ers. (I got to see another perfect Ryp to Clark bomb before Coach pulled them early, which made my day. :D.).

I can only imagine the very same excitement you must be feeling in roles reversed getting to see the mighty reds live.

Does anyone here play Football Manager? That's a really good game.

The ONLY game I play on the 'puter, since Madden went all anti-PC. ( *******! ). Top, top game that's WAY too addictive for anyone's mental health. :ols:

Currently on a DCU/ MLS save which is far more challenging and fun than a lot of people would give it credit.

Hail.

..... *Edit: Couldn't do all of this on my phone earlier today.

And there you have it kids.

CenturyLink Field.

Not so much home of the '12th Man'; as the 'Bandwagon/ Glory Hunting MLS Fan.' (The word 'fan' used in it's loosest possible term.). Taken to a WHOLE other level. Pacific North West style.

Hail.

*Edit* Another reason to hate Seattle sports added to the low life ***** that are Seahawks fans. :mad:

Sooo.... Did anyone see that sequence from Terrance Boyd against Roma? 27th minute hard low cross comes in and he performs a bicycle kick off the post. Rather well executed. About 20 seconds later, another cross comes in and this time he puts the bicycle kick into the net.

Edited by MisterPinstripe

Wow Boyd. So much for American players not having great individual skill.

As per the interest over the page, Livepool have today openly admitted enquiring to Fulham about Dempsey. But there's been nothing more than that to date.

Hail.

Where are those bigsoccerites who openly mocked me for even asking the question??

Where are those bigsoccerites who openly mocked me for even asking the question??

Wouldn't be at all surprised to see him at Anfield by August 31 man. These rumors have been slowly gathering pace since last January locally. And with Clint only having a year left on his Fulham contract, he holds ALL the power.

Highest profile American move ever? There was the dude at Milan, and Spector at United. But they played bit parts at best. Same with Donovan at Munich. Friedel was hardly a 'star' name when we had him way back when. Struggling to think of any bigger clubs US guys have been at.

Hail.

Wouldn't be at all surprised to see him at Anfield by August 31 man. These rumors have been slowly gathering pace since last January locally. And with Clint only having a year left on his Fulham contract, he holds ALL the power.

Highest profile American move ever? There was the dude at Milan, and Spector at United. But they played bit parts at best. Same with Donovan at Munich. Friedel was hardly a 'star' name when we had him way back when. Struggling to think of any bigger clubs US guys have been at.

Hail.

Fulham, dost protest too much, methinks.