Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Uruguay didn't do enough to win, didn't deserve to lose but to be honest I don't understand why they didn't open up more in the second half. What's the difference between 0-1 and 0-3? None, and they had to win that ******* game.

In hindsight Tabarez should have included Caceres and another defender (Godin or Lugano) with Suarez b/c that was the weakest Uruguayan back four I've seen in a long time at any level. Albin?! That ****** can't crack Peñarol's starting lineup, he can't beat out 37 year old Dario Rodriguez for ***** sake and he played two full games. (And I'm a Peñarol fan!)

Honestly tho, blame abounds, it's not a good crop of kids talent or character-wise (mostly pansies) and Cavani didn't even get on the plane.....to say he was a disappointment is a massive understatement.

You spell Uruguay D-E-F-E-N-S-E, they keep forgetting that getting caught up in "offensive" guys like Lodeiro and Ramirez who can't make two ******* good passes in a row.

Well....onto Barranquilla without Suarez in September. FML.

Edited by Rodriggo
grammar

I know I'm a couple days late, but just wanted to say I had an absolute blast at the Liverpool - Totenham game in Baltimore last weekend, despite the game itself being pretty dull.

Seeing Liverpool fans from all up and down the east coast flock to that city...man, it was awesome. I was part of the epic block party and march down to the stadium in full song. Such a great environment. I really hope I can make it to Anfield sometime soon and experience the real thing. YNWA

too many people like man u, chelsea, arsenal, liverpool and now man city.... nothing wrong with it as they are shown on espn quite often, if you dont get FSC, but being a fan of newcastle after the past 3 years has felt great... bouncing back from relegation and finishing near the top of the table is great... makes me sick though seeing so many bandwagon fans of the "big 5" who are fans just cause they started watching when said team was playing well

Well at least someone from your country loves him. With all the boos you would have thought he slapped the queen or impregnated Kate Middleton.

...these are the same hypocrites that will cheer John Terry (if he ever plays internationally again) and wanted Wayne Rooney's ban to be reduced. Granted, Shrek didn't call anyone names...he just tried to permanently injure another player by cowardly stamping on the back of his leg.

You've noticed that sickening English hypocrisy too huh? ;)

Anyone else watching the Olympic soccer either men's or women's? Or do we have an Olympic soccer thread?

Really impressed by Japan and South Korean mens teams.

Been watching the Team GB games.

Currently watching L'pool in Belarus starting their season ridiculously early. Another reminder of just how far the long road back is for the new manager as he starts in earnest finally tonight.

Hail.

You've noticed that sickening English hypocrisy too huh? ;)

Been watching the Team GB games.

Currently watching L'pool in Belarus starting their season ridiculously early. Another reminder of just how far the long road back is for the new manager as he starts in earnest finally tonight.

Hail.

What nations are eligible to be on Team GB? Are they all represented?

Is Frimpong on Team GB?

What nations are eligible to be on Team GB? Are they all represented?

Is Frimpong on Team GB?

It's basically an English and Welsh squad man as the Scots and Irish refused to let their guys play for archaic political reasons. Hell, the Welsh boys have been getting slammed for not singing the anthem. (The fact that their Welsh and have their own is lost on many.).

The only Arsenal player in the 18 is Ramsey : .http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Football_at_the_2012_Summer_Olympics_%E2%80%93_Men%27s_team_squads

I'm 100% anti Team GB in the men's soccer BTW. I was rooting for them, but after hearing first hand the abuse Suarez took in Cardiff against them last Wednesday most every time he touched the ball, which by all acounts has happened through all 3 Uruguayan games; **** them and **** their neanderthal bigoted, hypocritical moronic fans.

GO SOUTH KOREA!

---------- Post added August-3rd-2012 at 12:48 PM ----------

Well at least someone from your country loves him. With all the boos you would have thought he slapped the queen or impregnated Kate Middleton.

...these are the same hypocrites that will cheer John Terry (if he ever plays internationally again) and wanted Wayne Rooney's ban to be reduced. Granted, Shrek didn't call anyone names...he just tried to permanently injure another player by cowardly stamping on the back of his leg.

This is an excellent piece I read earlier on the whole disgraceful affair. It's well worth a read even if you have no Liverpool interest. Man I HATE the English at times:

http://www.thisisanfield.com/2012/08/the-media-portrait-of-luis-suarez/

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

Does anyone know the answer to this? I really don't want to have to stream it on my computer

looks like it is on the NBC olympic soccer station. Vois channel 596 for HD. It looks like it also on MSNBC channel 103...both for Anne Arundel county

mendoza shouldn't have come out like that

---------- Post added August-4th-2012 at 12:40 PM ----------

why isn't andy playing?

---------- Post added August-4th-2012 at 01:06 PM ----------

holy ****. don't get my hopes up!!

---------- Post added August-4th-2012 at 01:07 PM ----------

wow this ref can burn in hell

Why the **** do piece of **** refs always ruin good games? I'm not saying this because i'm biased towards Honduras but that mother****er gave the game to Brazil, I don't care what anyone says. And that ****ing **** Neymar needs a ****ing boot to the face with all the diving he's doing out there. ****ing disgrace of a player.

can't help but think after watching Brazil-Honduras that the US MNT is really losing it's standing in world soccer. Our senior team struggled and got spanked, IIRC, by this Brazil team and Honduras U23s held their own despite being down a man for most of the game. Granted, Brazil had a bad game by their standards but still full seniors against U23s should be a lot closer.

I've never seen so many cards in one game. And yes, Neymar is a *****.

Hard-fought game by Honduras. They just made some bad mistakes on defense.

---------- Post added August-4th-2012 at 02:11 PM ----------

mendoza shouldn't have come out like that

---------- Post added August-4th-2012 at 12:40 PM ----------

why isn't andy playing?

---------- Post added August-4th-2012 at 01:06 PM ----------

holy ****. don't get my hopes up!!

---------- Post added August-4th-2012 at 01:07 PM ----------

wow this ref can burn in hell

We're getting to RFK around 4 if you guys want to join!

Edited by renaissance

Why the **** do piece of **** refs always ruin good games? I'm not saying this because i'm biased towards Honduras but that mother****er gave the game to Brazil, I don't care what anyone says. And that ****ing **** Neymar needs a ****ing boot to the face with all the diving he's doing out there. ****ing disgrace of a player.

Couldn't agree more.

Neymar is a *female private part* and he's got no class.

Worst thing is he and every other Brazilian player get taken care of by the refs who want to get their picture taken with them after the game.

They can foul anyone they want but they can't be marked.

I remember the Libertadores final last year he injured the sideback Alejandro Gonzalez who was marking him well with an absolutely brutal foul that deserved a red, he only got a yellow, the other team had to bring in a sub who wasn't as good and he of course scores.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ujBWrjtqQo

One of the few players I truly hate.

**** that dude.

Neymar is gonna be a stud! Unjust hate by people pulling for teams who thrive playing dirty .... not trying to troll, I can understand the heat neymar is getting, its just IMO he's going to be phenomenal, but won't until he leaves for europe... wish najar would have had a game though, very disappointing

Edited by jly0784