Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Someone else left?

Hail.

Minority owner, Usmanov published an open letter to the board essentially calling out majority owner Stan Kroenke (Walmart fortune heir) and his board. Well, rumors, circulate about Walcott leaving but that's like Malcolm(B) Kelly threatening to leave.

Minority owner, Usmanov published an open letter to the board essentially calling out majority owner Stan Kroenke (Walmart fortune heir) and his board. Well, rumors, circulate about Walcott leaving but that's like Malcolm(B) Kelly threatening to leave.

Ahhh, gotcha'

I personally think Usmanov should be calling out RVP, not Arsenal for not being held to ransom by another typical jumped up modern day player who thinks it's all about him; as there's zero way he's gona' stay now regardless. But that's just me.

Hail.

Yeah, he's got his own agenda. Which is what I am growing to hate. There are fractures emerging everywhere fans-players, fans-ownership, players-ownership, ownership-ownership. It doesn't bode well. All the necessary stakeholders are at odds with each other. The only way people are happy are if you have a Man city/Madrid/Barca situation.

Out of curiousity, why is it Arsenal get raided for players? Sure, Wenger signs good, young talent but so does United. So does Bayern. So do the Italian clubs. Do Bayern just pay more? Is there little interest in Italian players outside of Italy?

RFK is exactly the kind of dump I can't wait to talk fondly about once we're out of there.

my game day experience is still AWESOME when i go to a United game at RFK... i cannot same the same thing at all about Redskin's game day experiences at FEDEX.

give me RFK any day of the week ... ESPECIALLY for the size of crowds that go to United games (I can easilly see why it would no longer work for the skins, on the other hand)

my game day experience is still AWESOME when i go to a United game at RFK... i cannot same the same thing at all about Redskin's game day experiences at FEDEX.

give me RFK any day of the week ... ESPECIALLY for the size of crowds that go to United games (I can easilly see why it would no longer work for the skins, on the other hand)

I agree the game day experience is 100x better than that of FedEx, but that's completely a product of the DCU organization and its fans. The stadium itself is a dump and is far too large for regular use by an MLS team.

Have you been to any of the new MLS stadiums? Once you go you will never look at RFK the same. I love it for its character and history, and Lot 8 (which will never be replicated at a new location), but I can't wait to miss it.

I agree the game day experience is 100x better than that of FedEx, but that's completely a product of the DCU organization and its fans. The stadium itself is a dump and is far too large for regular use by an MLS team.

Have you been to any of the new MLS stadiums? Once you go you will never look at RFK the same. I love it for its character and history, and Lot 8 (which will never be replicated at a new location), but I can't wait to miss it.

how does an unused upper bowl affect you on game day?

i can see where the OWNERS would like luxury boxes, and other revenue gathering items... but for ME the current situation is 100% absolute nirvana ideal... There is nothing that can be improved much, and much that can be lost.

---------- Post added July-10th-2012 at 04:29 PM ----------

by the way....where do you sit when you go to games? I spinge off of a friend 2 or so games a year, and he HAD tix in the ring (closest things there is to boxes at rfk... but now has lower bowl, around goal line tickets... it is all gravy to me :)

how does an unused upper bowl affect you on game day?

i can see where the OWNERS would like luxury boxes, and other revenue gathering items... but for ME the current situation is 100% absolute nirvana ideal... There is nothing that can be improved much, and much that can be lost.

---------- Post added July-10th-2012 at 04:29 PM ----------

by the way....where do you sit when you go to games? I spinge off of a friend 2 or so games a year, and he HAD tix in the ring (closest things there is to boxes at rfk... but now has lower bowl, around goal line tickets... it is all gravy to me :)

We "sit" in the supporter's section. And yes, the unused seats bother me, but more than that the stadium is just too big and cavernous for soccer. It was slightly better before things were reconfigured for baseball, when there were seats behind the goal, but even then the stadium was too big for its crowd. A full 20,000 seat stadium is 10x more intimidating than a 1/2 full 50,000 seat stadium.

I don't give a crap about luxury boxes, but I do care about updated, team-specific facilities.

I'm not sure what you think would be lost, honestly. Sure I understand the history of DCU having played there for so long, and I know we will never get a tailgate area as large (if at all) as RFK has if we get a new stadium, but I don't see any other value in staying at RFK.

Edit: And don't discard the value of revenue-generating potential of a new stadium. The money doesn't just come from cushy boxes. It comes from concessions, naming rights, and renting out the stadium when it's not in use by DCU. And that's the kind of money the team could spend on DPs, better overall facilities, etc.

Edited by renaissance

Dempsey to Liverpool? Anyone confirm? GHH??

Been a lot of talk, and Rodgers has said their close to a couple of signings before they leave for the States next week. One of which, in his words, is a 'major' signing. Definitely need one if not two strikers added, and for the all round value (age, price and ability wise); I'd be more than happy to add Clint into the mix.

The next few days should reveal more.

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven