Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

I hope for you that day does come around sometime man.

Mores the pity, like I lamented over the page, you'll now never get to experience a standing Kop. That would of totally blown you away. Particularly on an occasion like the derby, or a big European night.

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

I think the big European night are coming back! I like how the team looks under BR. I think they will make some big improvements this year, hopefully opening up the opportunity to bring in some world class players in December/January.

Funny thing is after every Kickers game the speakers play you YNWA(Usually I'm singing You'll never wank alone). Only reason I really tolerate the song. My friends chuckle whenever they hear me singing the alternate version under my breath. :ols:

--

Wish there would have been a goal in the Liv/Tot game. Definitely tons of red in the stadium. I always wanted to make it over to Anfield for a Liverpool/Man Utd game. Even if Utd lost it would be an awesome experience. I was glad when they said Anfield would stay. I do believe the owner was correct in saying Liverpool could not replicate the same emotion and atmosphere somewhere else.

Edited by RichmondRedskin88

I think the big European night are coming back! I like how the team looks under BR. I think they will make some big improvements this year, hopefully opening up the opportunity to bring in some world class players in December/January.

Well, we'll see how we start in Belarus this Thursday in what could be a tricky qualifier so early in both Rodgers reign, and preparation for the new season. Not too concerned over the two leagues, but with the youth mainly getting a look on the North American tour, it leaves a tricky trip this week for the rusty senior players.

Hail.

Funny thing is after every Kickers game the speakers play you YNWA(Usually I'm singing You'll never wank alone). Only reason I really tolerate the song. My friends chuckle whenever they hear me singing the alternate version under my breath. :ols:

--

Wish there would have been a goal in the Liv/Tot game. Definitely tons of red in the stadium. I always wanted to make it over to Anfield for a Liverpool/Man Utd game. Even if Utd lost it would be an awesome experience. I was glad when they said Anfield would stay. I do believe the owner was correct in saying Liverpool could not replicate the same emotion and atmosphere somewhere else.

One of the major problems with modern sports is you have choose between older historic (smaller) buildings and newer, bigger, money generating stadiums. I hope Liverpool can renovate Anfield and stay financially competitive in the EPL . Unfortunately, if forced to choose they will choose revenue generation over tradition or they will remain a mid-table team.

It would be nice if Fenway would say something concrete on the ground issue. That's all gone suspiciously quiet over recent months.

Hail.

I thought they were waiting to hear from the local government? I thought they submitted plans for expansion and they were awaiting approval?

---------- Post added July-29th-2012 at 09:40 AM ----------

Well, we'll see how we start in Belarus this Thursday in what could be a tricky qualifier so early in both Rodgers reign, and preparation for the new season. Not too concerned over the two leagues, but with the youth mainly getting a look on the North American tour, it leaves a tricky trip this week for the rusty senior players.

Hail.

I was hoping that the younger guys would play the away leg v FC Gomel. Maybe they will get Cole and Adam out there as well.

Never been one for using the lesser deemed league cup or UEFA cup as a 'breading' ground. I've always been a strong believer in what Shanks used to say. 'If your best XI's fit, you play them. NO exceptions.' I appreciate modern day thinking of rotation, but I still think you can hold true to that adage and have the success it breads.

I honestly don't know without researching how Rodgers treated the cups when he was at Swansea, but you may well be right and it may well be a mixture of youth and experience. And it also depends how highly they value the Europa Lge with it's pittance of a financial reward, even if you were to go all the way and win it. I just hope it's an easier two games than our previous qualifying attermpts, that whilst successful, hardly covered us in glory and had us hanging on in quite a few of those games.

The last that disgrace Ian Ayre (even if he is beneficial to the club for the money he brings in) had to say on the matter was that their 'favouring' a redevelopment down purely to the cost of building a new stadium against the revenue it would bring in; which they've been working closely with the council on both issues. The main stumbling block would be in buying up local residents houses for the market price. And some very angry residents that claim they've had little to no contact, after the club said it had been involved in 'good dialect' with the residents. (Ayre has attended a mere one meeting on the issue the last I'd read.).

Renovating the main stand would be appear to be Henry's preferred option, but it's still an on-going mess. And nowhere near starting by all accounts.

Hail.

2:45 PM EST

Uruguay v GBR Olympic Men's Soccer.

Uruguay has to win, GBR can tie and get through, they're the host (obviously).....feels a little like 1950 in here.

If we don't get a guy thrown out in the first 10 minutes look out.

¡VAMO URUGUAY CARAJO!

Help me out here .....

All the Honduran love I often read ..... is that down to the Honduran DCU players?

And a tough one for me Rodrigo. I hate that scab Stuart Pearce (he was a gutless lil' **** that could give it <often NOT to your face>, but not take it back. Hard man my pasty white ASS!); but I'm kinda' liking Team GB's success. But then there's Suarez and Coates I'd like to see pick up a gold medal for Uruguay. So tonight's a toughie ..... hoping for a draw, and a UAE victory over Senegal so both Team GB and Uruguay progress.

Honduras currently going through as I type this. Both games currently stand goalless.

Hail.

So tonight's a toughie ..... hoping for a draw, and a UAE victory over Senegal so both Team GB and Uruguay progress.

Uruguay can't go through without a win b/c it can't tie Senegal who beat them ? (Might be wrong about that) but thanks for the kind words.

Plus, Senegal won't not score points against UAE so it's do or die.

so does Honduras move on to the quarterfinals?

If things stay the way they currently are, yup. As I type, they'll be playing Brazil in Newcastle on Saturday.

---------- Post added August-1st-2012 at 01:00 PM ----------

Uruguay can't go through without a win b/c it can't tie Senegal who beat them ? (Might be wrong about that) but thanks for the kind words.

Plus, Senegal won't not score points against UAE so it's do or die.

Crud. I was thinking Uruguay beat Senegal, but it was the UAE they beat. My bad. Now I'm more tied as to who I want to win.

My love for Suarez my just win out here.

On a side note, The Millenium Stadium in Cardiff, South Wales, is just about my favorite World Stadium. And I've had the privilege of watching Liverpool in great venues all over Europe (Milan, Rome, Barcelona, Madrid et all); but the Millenium just has something. I don't think there's a bad seat in the whole Stadium, and as far as British stadiums go, it beats Wembley hands down. The fact that your actually in a City, as opposed to being in the middle of nowhere in the suburbs at Wembley also makes me lament no longer having weekends in South Wales.

Hail.

Help me out here .....

All the Honduran love I often read ..... is that down to the Honduran DCU players?

Yea skinz4life covered it. boysetsfire is from Honduras and so is S4L's girlfriend. Andy being Honduran is just an added bonus :)

so does Honduras move on to the quarterfinals?

Yes, the Honduran love stems from DCU players but also both Ren and I's significant others are from Honduras

I thought they already moved on after beating Spain. Regardless, they move on for sure now having earned 2nd place in their group. Unfortunately they will play Brazil in the quarterfinals.

So bsf and ren are an item? And skinz partner is also Honduran?

Man I'm learning a LOT at present. *Hangs head laughing at my innocently oblivious ass.

Hail.

*Edit* Darn BBC tables are current, so yeah, my bad. Morocco couldn't top Honduras even if they won. And Pearce is an absolute ass for leaving Giggs out of the Team GB team Wales. Almost as big an ass as when he left Beckham out of the squad after all he'd done in playing a major part in getting them the games to start with.

Yup, I think I shall be supporting Suarez and Uruguay tonight.

Yea they are an item. Unfortunately my g/f doesn't really enjoy American football and isn't a member on here but Ren and BSF have met her several times at DC United games

EDIT: Is Suarez the guy who got the red card in the World Cup for that blatant handball?

Edited by Skinz4Life12

My love for Suarez my just win out here.

Well at least someone from your country loves him. With all the boos you would have thought he slapped the queen or impregnated Kate Middleton.

...these are the same hypocrites that will cheer John Terry (if he ever plays internationally again) and wanted Wayne Rooney's ban to be reduced. Granted, Shrek didn't call anyone names...he just tried to permanently injure another player by cowardly stamping on the back of his leg.