Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Settling down to watch the game at Fenway, I never knew Michael Bradley had joined Roma.

As interesting as it is surprising.

Hail.

*Edit* Oh yeah BSF, I'ma hearing the leg thang .....particularly well tanned ones ..... uhmmm, the game. Must concentrate on the game and get out of this vision .....

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

..... tomorrow can't get here fast enough....

I wish DJ George would turn the music off and just let the crowd take over the song pre-game, like the old days. Gerry never did sing it fast enough to begin with. :pfft:

Man I wish you could of experienced a standing derby on the Kop bro'. You'd of come out bruised and exhausted (I lost a shoe once in the madness and ended up looking like a real tramp going home with one shoe on :ols: ); but man you'd of had the best possible experience you could ever of had watching sport. Where others followed, we lead. From the terrace 'fashion wars' of the late '70's and '80's, which Utd and the London lads will tell you they started, but it was all our boys when Europe was almost exclusively L'pool's playground and we'd come back with gear you couldn't get in the UK (not always legally, but that's another story ..... ); through the depth of our song book being like an encyclopedia compared to most clubs being like an instruction pamphlet (with the majority of most clubs songs even today derived from L'pool songs); their was a time when there was no place like being on the Kop every other Saturday. Even if the game was poor, you knew you'd have a fantastic experience crammed in with 20K or so other fanatics; amongst fantastic, off the cuff Scouse wit to go along with the swaying and singing that played a major part in Anfield being the most famous and recognisable football stadium on the planet.

The Italians ultras, who do put on a spectacularly organized display, most all site the Kop as their inspiration. Man I'm babbling, but they were happy, happy days indeed.

Have an absolute blast tomorrow bro'. I can but imagine the excitement of getting to see your team live for the first time. Exhibition game or not, that feeling is priceless. And all the England Euro 2012 players, plus Borini, should be out there for the first time this pre-season too.

Good luck sleeping tonight lid ha ha.

A couple more shameless videos as I'm in the mood:-

One of my favorite pieces. 48 years old, but still spine-tingling:

Or you could go with Chelsea's plastic-flag-waving-brigade-that's-all-the-same-as-each-other; or Utd's Union Jacks with the highly inventive 'MUFC' on if it floats your boat.

LFC- PROFESSIONAL football supporters.

Hail.

Settling down to watch the game at Fenway, I never knew Michael Bradley had joined Roma.

As interesting as it is surprising.

Hail.

*Edit* Oh yeah BSF, I'ma hearing the leg thang .....particularly well tanned ones ..... uhmmm, the game. Must concentrate on the game and get out of this vision .....

I was reading this thing last night on systems of play and the possession system write-up had several quote and mentions of Brendan Rogers. Makes it seem like L'pool will be an interesting side to watch this year.

I was reading this thing last night on systems of play and the possession system write-up had several quote and mentions of Brendan Rogers. Makes it seem like L'pool will be an interesting side to watch this year.

It's all relative as to how quickly he gets it across to the players. Kenny went some way toward changing the style, but with still little end product. And there's still the propensity to go backwards and hold, which was drummed into them through Rafa and Hodgson.

But yeah, you've only to listen to him speak or go watch some tape of Swansea to love his philosophy on the game. And by all accounts he's a real 'tracksuit manager', that wants to be out on the training field teaching everyday. All the Swansea players speak real high of how innovative and fresh he kept every training session, never doing the same things on successive days.

I still have my concerns over his relative lack of any real experience. But he's certainly said everything and more you want to hear in his short time here to date.

Cautiously optimistic that, given time, this could be a real successful project. But it's gona' take time before we can seriously think about challenging again. Pretty much in the same way Shanahan's gona' need the full 5 years to totally turn the 'Skins around. That's how far both 'organizations' have fallen. And he needs that from both the fans and owners. 3 years at least.

Exciting, attacking football; pushing for a Champions League place, even if we just dip out and have to settle for the Europa; and a decent cup run will do me down to the ground in year one as he slowly changes the whole structure of the place. All in stages. Progress on the previous year is all you can ask for

Hail.

It's all relative as to how quickly he gets it across to the players. Kenny went some way toward changing the style, but with still little end product. And there's still the propensity to go backwards and hold, which was drummed into them through Rafa and Hodgson.

But yeah, you've only to listen to him speak or go watch some tape of Swansea to love his philosophy on the game. And by all accounts he's a real 'tracksuit manager', that wants to be out on the training field teaching everyday. All the Swansea players speak real high of how innovative and fresh he kept every training session, never doing the same things on successive days.

I still have my concerns over his relative lack of any real experience. But he's certainly said everything and more you want to hear in his short time here to date.

Cautiously optimistic that, given time, this could be a real successful project. But it's gona' take time before we can seriously think about challenging again. Pretty much in the same way Shanahan's gona' need the full 5 years to totally turn the 'Skins around. That's how far both 'organizations' have fallen. And he needs that from both the fans and owners. 3 years at least.

Exciting, attacking football; pushing for a Champions League place, even if we just dip out and have to settle for the Europa; and a decent cup run will do me down to the ground in year one as he slowly changes the whole structure of the place. All in stages. Progress on the previous year is all you can ask for

Hail.

As a fan, that's all we really look for: genuine sincere effort, a certain level of competency, and most everything else can be forgivable.

In keeping with Liverpool's new third strip, which is just about the single most horrid football kit I've ever had the displeasure to see assembled.

The away one they wore today is bad enough, but the purple effort .....

Hail.

they should fire whom ever decided to wear the away jerseys today. It was very hot and they were wearing black! Either way, the Liverpool fans came out in force. We sang YNWA and saw Stevie G, Lucas, Big Andy, The new Italian, and the future (Shelvey and Sterling). I am a little bummed that Suso did not play, but I was impressed with Sterling. Raheem needs to work on his final ball, his crosses were not great and he did not shoot when he could. You can see the potential. I wish I could see Pacheo or Suso to see what they could do. It was great seeing 23 and 8 playing...

Edited by jobaga

If you ever did make it over, regardless of whether I was over here or over there, I'd have no problem hooking you up for most any game.

If it ever got to that point, don't hesitate to ask man.

Hail.

Thanks! I hopefully will hold you to that one day!