Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

That's what most of the people said about Thiago Silva, Milan couldn't afford the raise he was asking, today he re-signed with Milan up to 2017. ;) PSG offered €46 millions for Silva, Berlusconi said no way, he is a trickster.

So ALL Milan's summer budget has gone on Thiago Silva. Gotcha'. ;)

---------- Post added July-2nd-2012 at 07:38 PM ----------

Blackburn have made two decent signings already in Danny Murphy .....

SUPER DAN! The United destroyer! Ahhh, three straight years. Three straight Super Dan winners at the Theatre of Wet Dreams. Happy days. :D

Even at 35, that's a great pick-up for Rovers. Consummate pro who'll be invaluable in that division. Loved Murphy. Top quality talent. He had everything the modern day midfielder needs. Great engine, two great feet, tough lil' SOB in the tackle, wonderful passer of a ball, great football brain, and a heck of a web on him from distance. Danny's only problem that held him back from being a top player was he tends to wonder for spells in games. One minute he looked World Class. The next he looked Conference class when he'd do something so boneheaded it would make you scream and pull your hair out in frustration knowing just what he was capable of. But you put up with it for what he could do, and for what a top lad he was.

A small montage of just what Danny was/ is capable of:

*Walks off happily singing 'Super, Super Dan. Super, Super Dan. Super, Super Dan. Super Danny Murphy .....'

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

He's been getting the moniker as the next Tugay for Rovers. Hope so, but we'll see. But either way both signings are a show of intent I hope considering both probably could've played somewhere in the Premiership if they wanted.

Edited by Old Bay

He's been getting the moniker as the next Tugay for Rovers. Hope so, but we'll see. But either way both signings are a show of intent I hope considering both probably could've played somewhere in the Premiership if they wanted.

Tugay was in his 30's too right when he landed at Ewood? If yers get anything like the service and return from Murphy as you did from him you'll of made a great vet. signing. And as he's been playing 30 plus games for Fulham in the top flight in his 30's, I see no reason why you won't.

Invaluable experience and class for the fight ahead. There was a report on TV on him earlier that said last season, he created more goalscoring chances than any other player in the Premier League. Which says it all about just what he's capable of.

Hail.

*Edit* Oh yeah, he also comes with a hot model/ actress wife. Which is a bonus for when the games not very good. :ols:

So after Laudrup landing in South Wales, AVB now get's the Tottenham gig. Sigh.

Both my preferred choices for Anfield, but that said I'm cautiously optimistic about Brendan Rodgers and eager to see him get going. I still have reservations on his relative lack of experience to suddenly be in charge of one of the biggest clubs in World football; but he's impressed with his initial words and his overall long term plan and philosophy on the game is exactly what the club should be about. Mammoth task ahead, with no expectations. If he gets his philosophy over and we start playing the type of pass and move football Swansea delighted the Premier League with last year in the traditional L'pool vein, and seriously push toward the Champions League places in year one, even if they dip out out of the top 4; then I'll be more than happy with that. Progress is all you can ask for.

And that's not lowering expectations Richmond before you blunder in. That's a realistic expectation of just where the clubs currently at, how far it's fallen, and the start of a complete overhaul Kenny semi-started on the long road back to where Liverpool Football Club should be.

Roll on pre-season and a new start to a future to echo the past.

Hail.

Murphy's legs have gone a bit - he is not going to play box to box for you, but if you let him play 20 yards either side of the halfway line his technique and passing is still first rate. He will be a very good player in the Championship.

By the way all reports are the takeover of Leeds United is just about complete to as yet unnamed buyer from the Middle East. Be glad to see the back of Uncle Ken Bates and hopefully see some investment in the squad and Leeds back where they should be in the Premiership.

Edited by MartinC

Oh yeah, good luck to the SPL clubs now you've disgracefully removed one of your two cash cows that's single-handedly kept yers all in business for years.

Let's see how prosperous your all going to be now. Enjoy it whilst it lasts, as you most certainly will reap what you sow.

And that's about as polite as I can be on this without getting a ban. A LONG ban.

Hail.

Oh yeah, good luck to the SPL clubs now you've disgracefully removed one of your two cash cows that's single-handedly kept yers all in business for years.

Let's see how prosperous your all going to be now. Enjoy it whilst it lasts, as you most certainly will reap what you sow.

And that's about as polite as I can be on this without getting a ban. A LONG ban.

Hail.

Please expand. What happened?

Hail.

there is a lot more to this than just kicking Rangers out

First, this is a new Rangers

Second, the club was financially insolvent. While Rangers may be a cash cow for the SPL, they didnt pay their taxes and were not able to.

Third, why should a club that could not pay its debts stay up? That is as bad as what City and Chelsea do.

I actually applaud the SPL clubs for that.

as for RVP leaving, as an Arsenal fan I knew it would happen last August.

Applaud away the archaic rules and the monopoly small fry punishing not only Scotland's biggest and most successful club, but one of the hands that feeds all others. And in so doing punishing a Scottish institution and the people who live for it for the misdeeds of Murray and more so White.

I hope your still applauding three years down the line when Glasgow Rangers make it back into the their amateur league when most of the bitter, no-mark decision makers behind this continued systematic campaign against Rangers, which is what this has turned into all summer long with one B/S sanction after another; no longer have clubs left in business to play them. If there's even an SPL at all by that time now all commercial interest is dead with no Old Firm.

Which in itself will actually be a nice dose of karma.

Bite the hand that feeds. Reap the consequences.

Hail.

newcastle are apparently close to signing junior hoilett on a free transfer from blackburn... id LOVE this move, also close to signing mathieu debuchy, and douglas from fc twente... the talks with luuk de jong broke down, im fine with that as long as we dont overspend.... if they can keep this squad and add some depth im going to be very very happy!!!

---------- Post added July-4th-2012 at 08:49 PM ----------

Blackburn have made two decent signings already in Danny Murphy and Leon Best. It's kind of odd. I think the owners, even though they are daft, are actually trying. If they are serious in saying that Kean really does need to show results soon then the club may not be as doomed as I had thought. I just hope he's on a super short leash. He should already be gone, but what are you gonna do...

sad to see leon best leave, solid forward, not the greatest at anything, but not terrible at anything.... hes good playing off someone just nmeeds to stay healthy.... hope to see blackburn come back up this year, cant thank them enough for alan shearer :)

RvP made his decision :(

May not return to Arsenal

Good striker

Just another in a long line of modern day mercenary's.

For 'Arsenal aren't ambitious enough' read 'Arsenal aren't willing to be bent over a barrel and pay me the $ 315 K plus tax free p/week City will pay me.' The man's shown himself up for what he is. A complete and utter joke.

But then as he's only had one real good season at Arsenal, their not really loosing out. I hope they take Citeh for all they can.

Hail.

So I guess Arab money talks.

Sorry Elessar man. But honestly, if he doesn't want to be there, your better off without him.

I just hope for your sake you now take City for all you can get.

Hail.

I wasn't holding my breath. Players that want to stay usually have their contract done in advance. Time for people to man up about what they are leaving for: money.

"I want to win trophies." or "Ambition" There's no ambition in a club with foresight to sign you guys as youngsters? Honestly, how can a club compete when the other guys have a bottomless well of money to draw from like Barca, Madrid, Chelsea, or Man City?

Anyway, we've weathered this song and dance before and finished third and got out of the group stage of the CL. Henry leaving, Hleb leaving, Flamini leaving, Cesc and Nasri leaving.

We'll get money for him. Or we can hang onto him for a year and extract whatever we can out of him.

Who knows, maybe we'll play with this striker-less formation that everyone seems to be talking about. :D.

Blackburn have made two decent signings already in Danny Murphy and Leon Best. It's kind of odd. I think the owners, even though they are daft, are actually trying. If they are serious in saying that Kean really does need to show results soon then the club may not be as doomed as I had thought. I just hope he's on a super short leash. He should already be gone, but what are you gonna do...

sad to see leon best leave, solid forward, not the greatest at anything, but not terrible at anything.... hes good playing off someone just nmeeds to stay healthy.... hope to see blackburn come back up this year, cant thank them enough for alan shearer :)

Rovers have been notorious under Kean for playing one forward, hope they go two up top at home (at least) this season. Kean's stocking up on attackers so it seems silly to me that he's not more attack oriented in formation. He should be adding some depth in defense because there's still a chance we could lose Givet, Dann and Olsson.

Hopefully Newcastle will be repaying Rovers a bit with this Best move. ;)

---------- Post added July-5th-2012 at 08:53 AM ----------

newcastle are apparently close to signing junior hoilett on a free transfer from blackburn... id LOVE this move, also close to signing mathieu debuchy, and douglas from fc twente... the talks with luuk de jong broke down, im fine with that as long as we dont overspend.... if they can keep this squad and add some depth im going to be very very happy!!!

Hoilett is a good young player. Will be interesting to see him with a better squad around him. At times he can be a bit of a ball hog, but I think he was trying to do too much at Rovers at times to cover for others. I think he got a bit disinterested as well, but who could blame him considering the kak that was going on at Ewood?

---------- Post added July-5th-2012 at 08:58 AM ----------

"I want to win trophies." or "Ambition" There's no ambition in a club with foresight to sign you guys as youngsters? Honestly, how can a club compete when the other guys have a bottomless well of money to draw from like Barca, Madrid, Chelsea, or Man City?

I think this is a cop out from the players. If all of the top players wouldn't jump ship every year Arsenal would have an immense squad. I applaud Wenger's frugal methods.

Edited by Old Bay

Besides the coaching (which is a huge issue), because kids/players in other countries play all the time and practice enough to be able to do stuff like this:

Edit: Posted this in the wrong thread.

Edited by China

ESPN: Sixers owners in on MLS team

By Marc Stein | ESPN.com

Updated: July 6, 2012, 10:58 AM ET

Philadelphia 76ers minority owners Erick Thohir and Jason Levien are expanding to another sport, reaching agreement to become co-owners of DC United in Major League Soccer, according to NBA sources familiar with the move.

Sources told ESPN.com that Thohir and Levien are poised, pending MLS approval, to become partners next week with longtime DC United owner Will Chang, who also serves on the board of Major League Baseball's San Francisco Giants.

DC United has won the MLS Cup a record four times (1996, 1997, 1999 and 2004). CEO Kevin Payne, sources say, will continue to run the club's day-to-day operations.

Sources say Thohir, an Indonesian media magnate who ranks as the first Asian owner in NBA history, and Levien, who worked as an NBA player agent before a stint in the Sacramento Kings' front office that preceded his involvement with the Sixers, will make the construction of a new soccer-specific stadium for DC United their top priority.

Currently sitting atop the Eastern Conference, DC United has played at RFK Stadium since the league's inception in 1996 and has long craved a more suitably sized home ground.

Absolutely FANTASTIC news. One of the major reasons why getting a new stadium has been impossible. With new investors in place, the chances increase. So happy right now.

Edited by boysetsfire

..... Absolutely FANTASTIC news. One of the major reasons why getting a new stadium has been impossible. With new investors in place, the chances increase. So happy right now.

Just so as we're clear. If you move before I get to see a game at RFK, I'ma hold YOU personally responsible! No if's. No but's. On YOUR head be GHH's RFK dreams!

Hell hath no fury like a Liverpudlian scorned! :redpunch: Just ask MartinC. (About the fury/ pissed Scouser thing. I'm sure he never 'scorned' her. He's WAY too smart to do that.).

Hail.

Just so as we're clear. If you move before I get to see a game at RFK, I'ma hold YOU personally responsible! No if's. No but's. On YOUR head be GHH's RFK dreams!

Hell hath no fury like a Liverpudlian scorned! :redpunch: Just ask MartinC. (About the fury/ pissed Scouser thing. I'm sure he never 'scorned' her. He's WAY too smart to do that.).

Hail.

:ols::D