Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

What's going up with DCU man? Quite a mid-season dip the last 3 or 4 games.

Hail.

Slump. Also doesn't help that this team can't beat playoff contending teams right now. The only thing that helps is their great home record. Otherwise they would be on the outside looking in. I'm still holding out hope that they'll get hot at the right time.

For the US game tonight, the lineups are out. What the **** does Jurgen see in Kyle Beckerman? I would seriously like someone to answer that question for me. It's going to be a massacre tonight.

Gooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllll

---------- Post added August-15th-2012 at 09:55 PM ----------

If this result holds? Un ****ing believable. A team of international nobodies ending the drought in Azteca?

Edited by Popeman38

Boyd needs to do better with a cross like that...

---------- Post added August-15th-2012 at 10:02 PM ----------

how did that ball stay out of that goal?

---------- Post added August-15th-2012 at 10:03 PM ----------

four minutes? WTF....

This is huge, bring in our C squad and win in Mexico. Hopefully this win will build momentum for the upcoming World Cup qualifying games.

That's why Mexican fans are mad. Like I said losing in Azteca is the ultimate slap in the face. That 0-23 record meant everything. We took a bunch of misfits to Mexico and defeated a Mexican squad made of a bunch of A team players with our C team(if we had one). This is stunning for them. Mexican fans are not thinking of this like a friendly right now. Mexicans viewed a US victory ever in Azteca like beating them in war. Like I said beyond soccer, politics, etc.

These videos sum it up pretty good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hm878EJDA_o

Edited by RichmondRedskin88

Funny thing is we beat them on the night they are honoring that Mexican soccer has "arrived". That's what last night was about. And on the day they celebrate Mexican soccer has arrived they lose for the first time in Azteca to the US. For them this couldn't be any worse unless we blew them out. Especially considering it was our C squad against fair amount of their A squad.

Funny thing is we beat them on the night they are honoring that Mexican soccer has "arrived". That's what last night was about. And on the day they celebrate Mexican soccer has arrived they lose for the first time in Azteca to the US. For them this couldn't be any worse unless we blew them out. Especially considering it was our C squad against fair amount of their A squad.

wells lets be honest... both team did not have their full squad on the field... GREAT win for the us in Mexico but dont make it sound like our bench players beat their top tier line up... I would say it is more of a B squad vs B squad...

anyways I had great time watching the game last night. Love the way we played defense last night and Howard has some amazing saves. If we are able to continue to play and carry this type of defensive intensity all the way to the World Cup two years from now then we will be great shape.

wells lets be honest... both team did not have their full squad on the field... GREAT win for the us in Mexico but dont make it sound like our bench players beat their top tier line up... I would say it is more of a B squad vs B squad...

anyways I had great time watching the game last night. Love the way we played defense last night and Howard has some amazing saves. If we are able to continue to play and carry this type of defensive intensity all the way to the World Cup two years from now then we will be great shape.

BS.

Donovan played a half. Fabian Johnson played the majority of the game at the opposite side. Jermaine Jones played typically hot and cold. ther than that, we had 7 players who are AT BEST fringe to even make a roster. Torres probably just blew his last chance at another callup. Danny Williams was gawdaweful.

Castillo, Cameron and Gomez all probably earned another look. But nobody broke into our starting (Maybe Cameron).

Edu was ok and CB, so Id like to see him there again.

We won because a bunch of nobodies looked at the might Mexicans and took it right to them in the last 25 minutes.

And most important. Tim Howard decided to show what he can do when he's at his best.

If we want to talk about the teams. It was the US C + side VS the Mexican B+ side. They were missing Dos Santos. Salcido and Marquez both still get starts, but the team has moved onto younger players most games.

Dont diminish this. This win was an epic win for the US and a travesty for Mexico.

Edited by Kilmer17

So us fans had to evacuated early because mexican fans tried to overrun the riot police and espn announcers had beer/urine thrown on them during the post game. Apparently us fans got pelted with crap after the goal.

I bet the urine bags never felt so good!!!!!

Stay Classy Mexico!!!