Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Following Elessar's lead:

Well, Liverpool were Liverpool:

Dominate possession, but create little- Check.

Miss chances you do create, including obligatory Suarez sitters- Check.

Get caught with sucker punch as (supposed) inferior opposition shows you how to finish- Check.

Have manager question (correct) decisions on sending off and penalty's- Check.

Absolutely disastrous start to the year with Citeh, Arsenal and Utd three of the next four. What was more worrying was there was absolutely no visible excitement and motivation from the players for both the new season, and new manager/ regime. One of the flattest opening days in memory, with a result to match.

But at least Arsenal drew and 'Spurs lost. (Best I got.).

Here's hoping my first live action this season, up in Edinburgh on Thursday night, is a tad more fruitful from today. Or GHH will be a VERY pissed (literally, it being Scotland and it being Scottish whiskey) bunny!

Hail.

Get caught with sucker punch as (supposed) inferior opposition shows you how to finish- Check.

Absolutely disastrous start to the year with Citeh, Arsenal and Utd three of the next four. What was more worrying was there was absolutely no visible excitement and motivation from the players for both the new season, and new manager/ regime. One of the flattest opening days in memory, with a result to match.

Here's hoping my first live action this season, up in Edinburgh on Thursday night, is a tad more fruitful from today. Or GHH will be a VERY pissed (literally, it being Scotland and it being Scottish whiskey) bunny!

Hail.

Going to Hearts-L'pool? Tynecastle is a great ground. Stands are tight to the pitch giving it a really enclosed feel and a great atmosphere with a sell-out game. Liverpool should out gun Hearts but I watched the WBA game today and they were awful by the time the game finished. Another title 'challenge' over by Christmas.

Going to Hearts-L'pool? Tynecastle is a great ground. Stands are tight to the pitch giving it a really enclosed feel and a great atmosphere with a sell-out game. Liverpool should out gun Hearts but I watched the WBA game today and they were awful by the time the game finished. Another title 'challenge' over by Christmas.

Title challenge? What is this mystical thing you speak of?

Joking aside, Europa League qualification and pushing for the top 4 is the aim. Anything above and beyond that in year one would be an unexpected bonus.

Really looking forward to Thursday. Seen L'pool at both Glasgow clubs numerous times, and up in Aberdeen (man, was that a 'throwback' to the bad old days); but both Edinburgh and Hearts are new ones on me. Sadly, Driving there and back the same day for this one as I have to be back home on the Friday. Staying through Saturday like most of the lads I do the European away's with would of been perfect. Chance to see a great City Friday, and a boss couple of days bevying, sigh.

Hail.

Title challenge? What is this mystical thing you speak of?

Joking aside, Europa League qualification and pushing for the top 4 is the aim. Anything above and beyond that in year one would be an unexpected bonus.

Really looking forward to Thursday. Seen L'pool at both Glasgow clubs numerous times, and up in Aberdeen (man, was that a 'throwback' to the bad old days); but both Edinburgh and Hearts are new ones on me. Sadly, Driving there and back the same day for this one as I have to be back home on the Friday. Staying through Saturday like most of the lads I do the European away's with would of been perfect. Chance to see a great City Friday, and a boss couple of days bevying, sigh.

Hail.

yeah the city is jumping just now with the International Arts Festival on. Streets full of people from all over. Enjoy the game.

:)

Well, Blackburn were Blackburn (at least under Kean). Looking lost in possession, score a goal on one of the few chances we get (thankfully) and then sit back deep in our own half to only concede a goal and draw. If we want promotion this guy has to go. Should be beating Ipswich, especially when we go ahead. Kean infuriates me. His squad selection was odd as well, but that's nothing new. All I did was keep an eye on the gamecast and get commentary from a Rovers board and I could visualize what was happening based upon everything that has happened before.

heard that too. i'm looking forward to him, after that turncloack Song left. What a ****. Have one good (not great) where you loft a few passes to RVP (who is having his best season).

I'm liking the midfield though: Diaby, Cazorla, Arteta, Wilshere (eventually), Sahin (eventually, heh heh), Walcott, Ox, and yes, even Arshavin.

I think for Arsenal that holding midfielder role is the linch-pin of the whole thing— we need someone good back there so all this attacking talent can roam more freely. Petit, Viera, Flamini, Song, that old Brazilian guy—that role is key. But as someone astutely pointed out about Song: he's not a defensive midfielder, he's just our MOST defensive midfielder. I hope Frimpong figures out how to play. We need that hard man in midfield like a Makalele.

So how are dcu fans not talking about yesterdays bs? DCU gets screwed and Richmond blews a first round bye by losing to the worse team in league on the final game againat a team that has like two wins smh. Terrible sports weekend

Yesterday's game was ****ing awful. Terrible reffing job. The clown even admitted after the game that he didn't know who kicked the Philly goalkeeper on the goal he called back.

The penetration call on the first PK I don't have so much of a problem with. I am more mad at DeRo who was clearly pissed which is why he sailed the retake over the crossbar.

I have no idea was Bosko and the Philly guy were fighting about, but my personal opinion is that they both should have gotten red cards, the Philly guy for putting his hand around Bosko's neck. I don't know exactly what the rules say for retaliation, etc, though.

I haven't seen it, but I hear the card on Dudar was warranted for a studs-up tackle. So I don't have a problem with that.

Throughout the game though Philly's time-wasting antics were a complete embarrassment and I believe they should have been penalized a second time for it.

In the end though it was DCU that kept missing chances. We had more corner kicks than I can remember and couldn't get just one more in the net.

Oh and to top off a fantastic evening at RFK, some ******** stole my free bobblehead.

Edited by renaissance

Hamid and the DCU player (Camera switched fast when things broke out) getting into it was nice icing on the cake. Always great when teammates are about to go at it.

I know Korb and McDonald were sniping at each other after the game, one of them likely pissed at the other making a back pass to end stoppage time. Things were heated on all sides, that's for sure.

Honestly I have to remind myself that we at least got a tie out of the game. Should have had the win, though.

When are you guys coming to another game? Going to have to bring you a congratulatory beer or two :)

Soon! I can't wait to get back to another game its just been hard for me to get to one since summer school started. I think there is one at the end of August we might be coming to!

I suspect that it won't be long before you guys will be celebrating as well :)

Hail.

oh snap, I didnt realize you were a liverpool fan. It all makes sense with your views on Gerrard. (he was their worst midfielder on Saturday btw).

AS long you dont think Suarez is a world class player, then im ok with the Gerrard stuff.