Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

We deserved a point out of that. At least we played better. Play like that against Ludo and Basel and we're through. Mignolet was looking like Latislav Tretiak in his prime out there.

And damn... a minute ago it was like a night at the Apollo up in this mother ****er... now it's as quite as a church...

I don't particularly give a flying **** how we played (which actually was the most we've played as a 'team' in a LONG time); there was absolutely NO justification for putting out a side like that. It was disrespectful to the competition. It was disrespectful to Madrid. And more so it was ****ing disrespectful to those soft ****s Amomg us that paid hard earned money to travel to Madrid. I'd estimate around 8- 10 k Reds were in Madrid.I If I could I'd of sacked him on the spot as soon as the team sheet went in. That was a weaker ****ing side than he's even played the league cup. Against the best side in Europe. Battling for our lives to qualify. Rodgers should be ashamed.

Oh for the record, I went to 2 games on Madrid. After bumping into some Basque fans of Eiber, we went to Rayo Valocano on the Monday night. Brilliant time. 3-2 to the Basques. We were Kings for the night from both set of fans.

Yesterday, I walked out of the Bernabeai as soon as the team flashed up on the video board before kick off, jumpe the metro back down to Sol and went back to my favourite wine bar in the City and caught most of it on the TV.

Rodgers can ****ing go now for me an that's all I currently have to say on the subject.

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 2

I don't particularly give a flying **** how we played (which actually was the most we've played as a 'team' in a LONG time); there was absolutely NO justification for putting out a side like that. It was disrespectful to the competition. It was disrespectful to Madrid. And more so it was ****ing disrespectful to those soft ****s Amomg us that paid hard earned money to travel to Madrid. I'd estimate around 8- 10 k Reds were in Madrid.I If I could I'd of sacked him on the spot as soon as the team sheet went in. That was a weaker ****ing side than he's even played the league cup. Against the best side in Europe. Battling for our lives to qualify. Rodgers should be ashamed.

Oh for the record, I went to 2 games on Madrid. After bumping into some Basque fans of Eiber, we went to Rayo Valocano on the Monday night. Brilliant time. 3-2 to the Basques. We were Kings for the night from both set of fans.

Yesterday, I walked out of the Bernabeai as soon as the team flashed up on the video board before kick off, jumpe the metro back down to Sol and went back to my favourite wine bar in the City and caught most of it on the TV.

Rodgers can ****ing go now for me an that's all I currently have to say on the subject.

Hail.

I'll forgive it if we beat Chelsea and Basel and Ludo.  If not, then the beatings will continue.

I'm sure Sami or Carra would love a side with this much talent.

Probably best I wait to get home and settled off this train as I've been so pissed with the prick the past 24 hours you wouldn't believe.

Hail.

Oh I believe it.  Not to the extent of spending money to go to Spain, but I think you've seen me in the past few weekends.

Hail.

First, I hope you enjoyed the bulk of your trip.  Sounds great.

Have to agree 100% on the line-up.  Pool are one of the biggest clubs on the planet, period.  They haven't been in CL for several years, but have enough silverware from Europe to show they know how to win this competition.  Whether they win this season or not, this club should always honor the entire competition by putting out their best (healthy) players to compete.  It sucks even more that you and the other fans spend hard earned money to see them play RM, and they show up with that side?

• Like 1

I do. I blame our players. Manager put you in a position to win and they did half a job. Manager put you in a position to get 3 goals and dominate play AND keep them at bay for 65 minutes. 

Manager would also buy CBs when it was clear that they were needed. Thus, Nacho Monreal would not be losing headers nor giving up dumb penalties in a position that he isn't suited for

Managers would make sure guys wouldn't keep bombing up and down the pitch up 3-0. 

Managers would not be playing guys like Flamini at all lol.

Players def deserve blame but so does AW

Edited by BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93

Manager would also buy CBs when it was clear that they were needed. Thus, Nacho Monreal would not be losing headers nor giving up dumb penalties in a position that he isn't suited for

Managers would make sure guys wouldn't keep bombing up and down the pitch up 3-0. 

Managers would not be playing guys like Flamini at all lol.

Players def deserve blame but so does AW

We've been through this CB thing. There probably wasn't anyone worth buying in the summer. Barca settled for Vermaelen. Why let him leave? Who knows. United were looking for one too, they can pay over the odds, who did they sign? A Right back? Is Nacho any better or worse than a CB currently playing for Anderlecht or Galatasaray? City signed Mangala, an unknown for a ton of money. Chelsea aren't rocking much depth either with Kurt Zouma and Nathan Ake. 

Really? A manager for a CL team apparently has to tell his guys to "Stay back!" If the players don't know that, shame on them. And shame on them indeed for yesterday. You sure he didn't say anything to that effect? What exactly would you have him do next game as punishment for not listening? Bench Ramsey, Alexis so they learn their lesson?

Who do you have else besides Flamini? 

the reason why we get on Arsene is because this happens way too much to just blame it on the players. Since the Invincibles were dismantled, there have been 3 different Arsenal teams and we still see the same nonsense.

He is the only constant. ITS HIM!

I dont care about the CB issue either. Quality, and in their prime CBs are at a nadir right now across World Football.

The issue is him not addressing the holding midfielder.

Arsenal and Liverpool actually play a somewhat similar style of football.  A lot of the problems aren't the personnel (though some are), but most of the problems are the defensive shape and the schematics in the back third.

That's been my biggest beef with Rodgers since last year.  I've got bigger beefs now, but that's been a consistent complaint of mine.

Arsenal and Liverpool actually play a somewhat similar style of football. A lot of the problems aren't the personnel (though some are), but most of the problems are the defensive shape and the schematics in the back third.

That's been my biggest beef with Rodgers since last year. I've got bigger beefs now, but that's been a consistent complaint of mine.

It's getting uncannily and scarily like when Benetiz ended.

Talking utter bollocks to the press. Refusing to admit he's wrong and change. Boring, ****e football. Embarrassing excuses that contradict what you've just watched.

He's fast osing the press and that's a slippery slope right there.

The Madrid insult has lost me.

What are those specifically?

We have NO defensive shape or organisation.

So that's a good question.

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

What are those specifically?

The way I look at it... we get good to excellent defensive players from other teams and they suck for us.  Then some go elsewhere and they are all of a sudden good again.

Like, for example, Aly Cissokho totally shut down our offensive right when we played West Ham.  Aly Cissokho.  We couldn't get him to do anything right.

Couple that with BR's staunch fondness of the 4-2-3-1 and I'm ready to pull the plug.

The Madrid insult has lost me.

I'm sorry you had to go through that, brother.

After all you've been through with and for the club I think BR owes you a lunch at a minimum.

club-soccer-football-sami-hyypia-bayer-l

Hail.

Well said GHH. It was disrespectful to the proud history of Liverpool FC.

Great laugh today at some results.

City losing at home to CSKA.  LOLOL!!!!

Chelsea (the team if you listened to ESPN USA and FoxSoccer was the best team every to play and Mou is best manager ever) drew to Maribor ($20 to any of you who can tell me the country and approximate location within where Maribor play their soccer - no google).  LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!

Bayern continue to cruise, 2-0 over Roma.  Schalke provided just the second loss for BL teams (in 16 matches).

LOL at Chelsea.

And damn, the pressure has completely gotten to City

I don't believe it is the pressure, I am convinced it is the way these teams (and you can now look @ ManU as well) have been put together.  Hundreds of millions poured into the transfer market, grabbing the 'best' possible players and throwing them together on a field.  Works in the EPL because they play each other and many inferior teams, where a few individual players can make the difference.  Just look at Pool last season - they played as an actual team and came within a whisker of winning the whole thing.

In Europe, most teams don't have the sugar-daddies to just dump stupid money after stupid money.  They form teams, get a way of playing together, then add a player here or there to round out the side.  These teams consistently show that the likes of Chelski and Citeh (and even PSG/Monaco) just aren't as good assembled as the sum of their parts, while even teams from mid-level leagues play like a team and exceed the total sum of the individual players.  It's only surprising to the folks at ESPN and Fox Soccer (who only listen to commentators with a 'British' type accent).

In Europe, most teams don't have the sugar-daddies to just dump stupid money after stupid money.  They form teams, get a way of playing together, then add a player here or there to round out the side.  These teams consistently show that the likes of Chelski and Citeh (and even PSG/Monaco) just aren't as good assembled as the sum of their parts, while even teams from mid-level leagues play like a team and exceed the total sum of the individual players.  It's only surprising to the folks at ESPN and Fox Soccer (who only listen to commentators with a 'British' type accent).

How could you leave QPR out of that?  Even with a "to a lesser extent" caveat. :lol:

Well said.

• Like 1