Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

If that flag gets any higher it'll fall off the top of the pole.

Just seen the highlights back on TV from yesterday. Lovren and Mingolet hang your heads in shame on the goal. Same with Lee Mason for only booking Hutton on the Sterling challenge. Never realised Coutinho hit the post. Thought that had been saved and Sterling hit Hendo with the follow up.

Yeah, Hutton should've been gone.  That fat slob always gives us a hard time though. 

Markovic shouldn't have gone after that header early on the Anfield road end.  Balo had that one lined up.  Markovic looks like an ambitious player who will get better with reps.  But he was a little too ambitious yesterday.

That said... the whole side was out of ideas when Villa parked the bus and at about the 50 minute mark the game was screaming for a second striker.  I would've put Lambert in around then.  If nothing else he creates havoc and can mash with the bigger bodies down there.  But with he and Balo that's two large men who the wingers can target.  I think BR got that one all wrong.

I'm still very optimistic about this team, thems the breaks (so to speak) but BR has to realize that we never do well with just one attacking threat.  I appreciate the slow build up, but we've got to do better about being honest with ourselves.  Separate the defense back there with another attacker.

• Like 1

Spurs beat them by 4 goals to nil.  Anything less than that should raise a flag for United.

Agreed. Utd are going to hard out a few stuffings this season. They may be average at the back, but the goals will come for them.

Doesn't detract however from the fact Villa are a garbage team and horrible to watch.

Horrible to watch, without doubt. They ain't a garbage team though.

Hey buy this guy a beer on me GHH. Good call. Guess they finally woke up and was still in preseason mode. 

Walk in the park against the promoted Rangers heading right back were they came from.

You still look dodgy as all heck at the back, but luckily they've been put under little pressure today.

Better from United and you can only play what's in front of you but hard to gage much from a game against QPR.

Hail.

Hey buy this guy a beer on me GHH. Good call. Guess they finally woke up and was still in preseason mode.

It was the perfect fixture today. However, too many have shot their bolt way too soon over the state of Utd. They'll be there or there about come the end of the season with the other second tier group like Arsenal and Liverpool IMO.

Betcha' anything you want they don't make the top 4.

Hail.

Outside of Chelsea and Citeh, the rest of the top 6 is a wash for me. You could be right, but it's too close to call right now.

I'll say this though, they aren't much different to Liverpool in terms of talent & coaching.

It was the perfect fixture today. However, too many have shot their bolt way too soon over the state of Utd. They'll be there or there about come the end of the season with the other second tier group like Arsenal and Liverpool IMO.

Really,

You are getting all hot and bothered because they beat a horrible side 4-0.

Just wait until they play this week's Champion's League , err Europa League, err Carling Cup game.

Still not long from:

How about you wait until they play a decent EPL side (I know that will take some doing, but we'll see how they handle city, chelski, pool, or arsenal until we award them team of the year honors and straight into CL finals.

Edited by btfoom

Prior to today Villa had more points than they had had shots on goal this year.

Yeah, they aren't 'garbage' at all. :rolleyes:.

Hail.

sounds like efficiency.

When teams do this to Arsenal, its about "not knowing how to win when you aren't playing your best" or "they defended well and took their chance. Credit to them."

With Liverpool, that team is now garbage.

Villa did their job, got the goal and got the win. Not their fault Liverpool couldnt break them down. It is their fault that Big Phil Senderos put Balotelli in his pocket.