Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Honestly not very worried about later in the tournament. At least as far as Liverpool's play goes. Lallana, Balotelli, Alberto Moreno, Manquillo... they've all played together for what, 6 weeks? Lallana has been hurt for most of that time, Balo has been here 2 weeks... they'll get better as they learn each other.

Lots of "pretty" all over the pitch tonight and no decisive strike. Even Sterling caught the bug. And then Mario didn't want to pass it at all.

They'll figure it out.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Having the conversation with my brother just now. Even Martin chimed in on twitter after the match... not at all sure that the back four are all that bad. But positive that Mignolet is dreadful. Would love to see Victor Valdez work on his fitness.

And once Mario starts making runs with Sturridge back there this team is going to be fun to watch.

I was keeping an eye on Borini, too, he loves this side... ran his heart out. :lol:

Borini might give his all. But he's still complete ****e.

Completely agree about the back 4. Like I said, I'm honestly beginning to think Jones is a better option than Mingolet. And we know how crap Jones is but Mingolet just flat out stinks.

And you, I and very other red knows just how good we are. It's quite amusing to be totally dismissed in here because we've had a slow start to the year.

When we do start to play and Mario fully finds his feet to compliment Daniel we'll be flying again.

City beat Chelsea this weekend and we're right back in the title mix.

We'll finish no lower than 2nd. Feel free to quote me on that.

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

Just because (with MASSIVE apologies to our French friend), the one game in Anfields rich history I wasn't at (through age) I dearly wish I would of been. The '77 quarter final second leg against the wonderful French Champions St. Etienne.

'Allez les Rouges, Allez les Rouges Allez, Allez!'

Hail.

You know I hate you for bringing that back ! :P;)

Edited by FrFan
  • Like 1

Borini might give his all. But he's still complete ****e.

Completely agree about the back 4. Like I said, I'm honestly beginning to think Jones is a better option than Mingolet. And we know how crap Jones is but Mingolet just flat out stinks.

And you, I and very other red knows just how good we are. It's quite amusing to be totally dismissed in here because we've had a slow start to the year.

When we do start to play and Mario fully finds his feet to compliment Daniel we'll be flying again.

City beat Chelsea this weekend and we're right back in the title mix.

We'll finish no lower than 2nd. Feel free to quote me on that.

Hail.

He got away with that against Milan in Charlotte... almost the same move in the same part of the pitch but Mignolet got a piece of the shot and it sailed wide.  Not so much last night.   I'm not sure what he was thinking.

Lovren was right there to run him wide, we just needed Mignolet to stay his ass put and protect the post... he's a fool.

• Like 1

Lovren was right there to run him wide, we just needed Mignolet to stay his ass put and protect the post... he's a fool.

Ok, he's bad. But there's no need to insult fools. You'll be making some of our Arsenal and Utd 'friends' mad. ;)

Valdes can't get here soon enough!

But regardless .....

Ludogorets, formed in 2001, in the UCL group stages.

Everton,formed in 1878, have never reached the group stages.

#NevertonFC

Hail.

• Like 1

we've played Dortmund 4 times the last 3 seasons

They play the same way.

You can say credit to Klopp, but really its on Arsene and the ARsenal players. That was terrible.

Can't really separate the two. I know I mentioned it before, but they REALLY out ran us, both in pace and in volume. I saw the stat listed in the Guardian write-up as Dortmund ran 11KM more than Arsenal. 

Credit to them, they had key players out and they played to one of their strengths in output and work rate. A lot of people are chirping about their passing, but it was the movement that made the passing possible. 

Behave will yers.

Eland Road was 'something.' (Particularly when the Lowfields was standing. Oh what fun that used to be with **** flying backwards and forwards.). Loud and Intimidating no question. But akin to Anfield in full voice it never has been.

But don't feel slighted. VERY few places are.

Hail.

Think you're ever so slightly biased  :P

It's pretty clear for a big game in Anfield the day trippers get their scarves out, sing walk alone then stay pretty much silent for 90 minutes. 

Elland Road has inevitably lost a lot of its boom in the last few years but it'll get back to those heights when we make our return. 

This 'Liverpool fans are the best, nobody else compares' with all due respect, is total nonsense. 

Edited by Morrison J

While Everton doesnt have a good record in Euro competitions, lets not act like we wouldnt have been in the group stages if not for a certain event which penalized them.

Here we go... :rolleyes:

Just remember what happened last time you went there...

Ehh the glitz of London sure brought out that goal scoring ability...which would explain why Mario has just one this far

So Alexis got 4 or 5 matches with Arsenal before scoring a goal... and Mario had two BPL matches and scores in the 3rd (which was Champions League match that we WON ;) ) and he gets crucified?

• Like 1

Do you really want to get into that?

Think about it and all the standards we've set and been lorded over an copied Continent wide on most everything over the years and then ask if you REALLY want to get into that?

Hail.

Yeah... the US tour was an eye opener.  No one was close.  I'm in there somewhere :lol:

JS43298676.jpg

Charlotte was a home game by FAR.  We're talking 90% plus:

PROP140802-034-Liverpool_AC_Milan-600x40

JS43299070.jpg

I was proud anyways...

Couldn't get a lot of the songs right with that large of a group but we tried :lol:

I mean... we have so many good ones.  Unlike most fan bases out there who are inferior.

• Like 1

Having a big fanbase doesn't necessarily mean its a good one to be fair. 

Man Utd easily have the biggest fanbase in England but it doesn't stop Old Trafford sounding like a library most weeks. 

I'm talking in terms of passion, atmosphere etc. 

I know you've been lorded over the years for it but thats what happens with the big clubs. The media like to hype up the clubs with large fanbases, it sells. 

Ye haven't been copied on everything over the years either..

Tin hat on. I'm aware this won't go down well  :ph34r:

And more travelling fans from home then anyone out there this summer by far.

One with a particularly awesome rack I seem to recall you had an 'exchange' with. :lol:

Hail.

Heart. Be. Still.

Never felt that way about a late 40s woman... at least not since I was a teenage boy. :P

• Like 1

Having a big fanbase doesn't necessarily mean its a good one to be fair.

Man Utd easily have the biggest fanbase in England but it doesn't stop Old Trafford sounding like a library most weeks.

I'm talking in terms of passion, atmosphere etc.

..... :

I haven't got the time to properly respond right now but the quoted part was amusing,

Name me ONE stadium that isn't like a morgue most weeks. Sears and the Greed is Good League have seen to that by attracting a completely different class of fan these days with far more disposable money than your average fan. And that's not exclusive to the Premier League. Seats have kille atmospheres Coinyry wide. Leeds included

But if you honestly think Anfield on its day, when we do raise ourselves for the occasion, isn't a cut above anywhere else then this will be quite the conversation.

Hail.

I haven't got the time to properly respond right now but the quoted part was amusing,

Name me ONE stadium that isn't like a morgue most weeks. Sears and the Greed is Good League have seen to that by attracting a completely different class of fan these days with far more disposable money than your average fan. And that's not exclusive to the Premier League. Seats have kille atmospheres Coinyry wide. Leeds included

But if you honestly think Anfield on its day, when we do raise ourselves for the occasion, isn't a cut above anywhere else then this will be quite the conversation.

Hail.

Fratton Park and Selhurst Park are examples of places I've seen rocking in the Premiership in the past 5/6 years. We're going off the point a bit though. 

What you originally said was how nowhere compares to Anfield on a big European night. Elland Road definitely did in the big nights against Real Madrid, Valencia, Deportivo etc, although i've never experienced it first hand Dortmund looks insane on European nights as do a number of eastern european and even Celtic do it well when they're there. 

From my experience Anfield looks great before kickoff as ye belt out YNWA and wave your scarves, but the atmosphere dies down fairly quick as the football is actually played. Still a bit better than 90% of supporters but you are definitely not worthy of the status of being a 'cut above everybody else'. Thats just simply not true in my opinion. 

Completely agree with everything you say about seating and new breed of fans which kills atmospheres and don't get me wrong I respect the genuine Liverpool fans like yourself. Theres actually good friendly history between yourselves and Leeds which hasn't been forgotten.