Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Tough loss today. None of the new signings showed up today. Lallana looked rusty. Markovic was pressing and a non factor. With Sturridge and Sterling (starting) on the bench, no one was attacking Villa. Liverpool just passed around while Villa parked the bus after an early goal. This games was crying out for a player to step up and take the game over…Unfortunately, no one in a red shirt did that today. Oh well, on to the next game.

Time for reality to set in boys......oh for Suarez.

Who?

Well that wasn't as expected. Worst performance in a LONG time. Absolutely nothing from start to finish. No pace. No movement. Everything side to side and backwards. Nothing. The manager ****ed up again. Southampton he got away with it. This time he didn't in 3 bad dropped home points to utter garbage. Too many changes. Most uncalled for. (Sterling rested 4 games in. REALLY Brendan?!). Only 1 up front. AT HOME. And far too slow paced. You start slowly you can't pick it up. Everyone knew Villa would sit deep with 2 banks of 4. You need pace, movement and width to get behind that. All MIA today. The less said about the pathetic attempt at 'defending' on the goal the better. 'Keeper an defenders included. And another totally inept performance from Lee Mason. Didn't impact the result. But two shocking challenges on Mario and Sterling.

Bad day at the office. But with City and Arsenal dropping points not too costly thankfully.

Back on track at West 'Am next weekend.

Hail.

I'm assuming, since the game was at Anfield, that he is on his seventh pint by now (and third whiskey)...

Went for a few in town after but on the bus back home. Little enthusiasm to stay out and I could do with saving the money for the three European trips. (Doing Basle as well now. I was swerving it because of the aggro but got dead cheap flights to Strasbourg which is only an hour or so away on the train so staying out of the way there.).

Your tally is off by 2 pints on the afternoon/ evening BTW. And no spirits.

How did Liverpool get shut out by noted American backup and future starter Brad Guzan

They weren't. He didn't have a thing to do all game.

Lambert you ****ing waste of money

Meh. £ 4 million and you know the limitations you get with Ricky.

Now that other complete bag of ****e Borini ....,,

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

You're in denial GHH about Suarez. Every single fan I know is of the same opinion about the loss he has on you're team...it might wash posting 'who' on here, but nobody's buying that really.

I'm in denial of nottin'. If you seriously think we could/ should of kept him you've a completely different set of standards to I. I don't know one red unhappy he was sold. Disappointed in how it turned out yes. And that disappointment is in Luis. But not unhappy he's no longer here.

He's Barcelona's problem now and NOTHING to do with Liverpool Football Club.

So again, WHO?

We're FAR from a one man team and have two top class young forwards right now. BR is building something here and we'll be up there come May regardless of the season's indifferent start.

Hail.

Yeah, I officially want Arsene out. I do not see any tactical improvement. We dropped points the last 3 matches because this guy has lost it tactically. He has no idea how to get the best out of these players and they are just getting by on being talented. Its frustrating, an I am tired of it.

And I believe in zonal marking but dont believe he or Bould know how to implement it.

In saying that, Wilshere had his best half of football in his career today. Shame Ramsey looks like crap now.

I've not seen this team look this uninterested in a long time.  Just an embarrassment of an effort.

I guess 18 months is a long time

Villa were not bad at all today. Not sure where this attitude about them being garbage has come from. They attacked and defended well.

I'm in denial of nottin'. If you seriously think we could/ should of kept him you've a completely different set of standards to I. I don't know one red unhappy he was sold. Disappointed in how it turned out yes. And that disappointment is in Luis. But not unhappy he's no longer here.

He's Barcelona's problem now and NOTHING to do with Liverpool Football Club.

So again, WHO?

We're FAR from a one man team and have two top class young forwards right now. BR is building something here and we'll be up there come May regardless of the season's indifferent start.

Hail.

I respect that immensely. I don't think there is any doubts that if Suarez was playing today you all would win that game. Granted he would have been suspended anyway, but mainly of the impact he has. not blindly backing a player because he plays for your team and is very talented. There are a number of players with a lot of talent that I would not want near my team be at Everton or the Redskins.

Forgive the sentence structure. Voice to text, I'll try to fix it when I can.

• Like 1

I respect that immensely. I don't think there is any doubts that if Suarez was playing today you all would win that game. Granted he would have been suspended anyway, but mainly of the impact he has. not blindly backing a player because he plays for your team and is very talented. There are a number of players with a lot of talent that I would not want near my team be at Everton or the Redskins.

Forgive the sentence structure. Voice to text, I'll try to fix it when I can.

More than likely being as Mario's not upto speed yet.

But I'd rather the early season struggles without him than with him.

Thank you man. On that we think alike and I respect your stand here too.

Hail.

I'm in denial of nottin'. If you seriously think we could/ should of kept him you've a completely different set of standards to l.

Nope...I believe he's an ass who is best rid of. But his outright quality as a football player carried an average team. Without that quality, your team is average to good at best. I am simply stating the loss of his quality as a player. I think you will suffer due to it.

You instead believe in Super Mario.......

Nope...I believe he's an ass who is best rid of. But his outright quality as a football player carried an average team. Without that quality, your team is average to good at best. I am simply stating the loss of his quality as a player. I think you will suffer due to it.

You instead believe in Super Mario.......

'Average to good at best' without 1 player indeed. :rolleyes:.

Check out the matches he didn't play last year and what the results where and get back to me. If anything, the catalyst from Christmas on wasn't Luis, as brilliant as he was, but a young man the manager thought prudent to rest today.

Villa were not bad at all today. Not sure where this attitude about them being garbage has come from. They attacked and defended well.

Prior to today Villa had more points than they had had shots on goal this year.

Yeah, they aren't 'garbage' at all. :rolleyes:.

Hail.

'Average to good at best' without 1 player indeed. :rolleyes:.

Check out the matches he didn't play last year and what the results where and get back to me. If anything, the catalyst from Christmas on wasn't Luis, as brilliant as he was, but a young man the manager thought prudent to rest today.

Hail.

I've read those stats already in an article from the echo....the ones you tend to piggy back on and post here...look back over you're posts from the last 24 hours in this thread and get back to me...I assume you're now a one man team re Sterling due to BR being prudent.......

Early days GHH in the season...should be fun watching it play out...Hail for the 'Skins tomorrow man....

10 points from 4 games.  I guess your standards for garbage are different than mine.

So you can be a piss poor team that sits with two banks of 4, even at home (nothing wrong with that but it's the very definition of a garbage side) and barely ventures forward to the point they'd had THREE shots on target through THREE games prior to today, crashing out of the Lge Cup at home to lower league opposition in the process; but because you've had an unbeaten start results wise you're looked upon as decent?

Yeah, differing standards

I've read those stats already in an article from the echo....the ones you tend to piggy back on and post here...look back over you're posts from the last 24 hours in this thread and get back to me...I assume you're now a one man team re Sterling due to BR being prudent.......

You've done more than me as it was Sky who put them up when we signed him but I'll try not to 'piggy back' off them just for you.

The rest I'll just leave and shake my head at.

Hail.

Yeah, I remember when we were still in the Premiership and people ****ed about pretty football.   Then Allardyce was canned and we got in people who tried attractive football but sucked and didn't fit with the squad we had and we went down.  Give me results.  If you can afford to spend gobs of money on talent or have a team that can play all out attacking all the time then play all the pretty football you want. Otherwise, it's just a crutch that fans use when their team gets beat and say well they played ugly so in effect, cheated.

• Like 1

I guess 18 months is a long time

I didn't say they didn't.  They've only conceded once so far this year.  I doubt that lasts, but I didn't agree with the approach from BR or the attitude from the players.

I think I have a good idea on the heart beat of my team.

• Like 1

Spurs beat them by 4 goals to nil.  Anything less than that should raise a flag for United.

If that flag gets any higher it'll fall off the top of the pole.

Just seen the highlights back on TV from yesterday. Lovren and Mingolet hang your heads in shame on the goal. Same with Lee Mason for only booking Hutton on the Sterling challenge. Never realised Coutinho hit the post. Thought that had been saved and Sterling hit Hendo with the follow up.

Yeah, I remember when we were still in the Premiership and people ****ed about pretty football.   Then Allardyce was canned and we got in people who tried attractive football but sucked and didn't fit with the squad we had and we went down.  Give me results.  If you can afford to spend gobs of money on talent or have a team that can play all out attacking all the time then play all the pretty football you want. Otherwise, it's just a crutch that fans use when their team gets beat and say well they played ugly so in effect, cheated.

Nothing wrong at all with cutting your cloth accordingly to what you have/ need to do to get results.

Doesn't detract however from the fact Villa are a garbage team and horrible to watch.

Hail.