Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Honestly I've always liked the old crest better than the new one. It looks like something made in Microsoft paint

I was watching the 1988-89 season review last night on YouTube and said "dammit, I'm gonna change the fortunes of the team myself" lol

And oh boy GHH if we had been on ES on that faithful day in an field...

You'd hate me

• Like 1

Honestly I've always liked the old crest better than the new one. It looks like something made in Microsoft paint

I was watching the 1988-89 season review last night on YouTube and said "dammit, I'm gonna change the fortunes of the team myself" lol

Yup, same mind set. Which is scary in itself. :lol:

I dislike our crest. The club only changed it and added the two eternal flames on the pretence of it being a tribute to the 96. The fact it took them 4 years after the disaster left it kind of hollow words from Liverpool. Should just be the Liverbird with LFC under it at most. But then I think the kit should just be red with a white trim, and white shirts and socks with a red trim and black shorts for the away. With black boots. So don't ask me.  

Just to make your day, I was deflated on the Kop that Friday night of your greatest ever triumph. But still picked myself up and stayed back to applaud Arsenal's triumph. Even though Smith NEVER touched the ball. ;) That was the night our invincibility really started to slip for me.

Hail.

• Like 1

Get FIFA 15. Now. 

!!!!!!!!!!!

They've included Tyler highlights into the video along with the music!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Minor complaint: Tyler interrupts what he's saying 

GOT TO SCORE! 

*miss* :laugh: 

But they did the same thing in FIFA 14 too. It gets annoying sometimes. But that's it. Otherwise presentation wise they really improved the cutscenes and made it more dramatic than 14. It also plays the same as 14, I was able to just step into the 15 demo and dominate 3-0 :laugh: 

I think Anfield broke out into "You'll never walk alone" in the 90th...then Skrtel scores and the place just ERUPTS. 

Afterward the shot of the fans...in the stands...wow...it was like you were there! It's amazing! 

No more sleeps (as I have to work tonight :( ) before Mario Magnifico's debut in his new home. A rocking Anfield. :D

And with Sturridge out (fricking England! :() the limelight will be ALL on 45. Good job he's not 'World Class' huh guys or else there's no telling how big this would be. :rolleyes:

Can

Not

WAIT!

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

No more sleeps (as I have to work tonight :( ) before Mario Magnifico's debut in his new home. A rocking Anfield. :D

And with Sturridge out (fricking England! :() the limelight will be ALL on 45. Good job he's not 'World Class' huh guys or else there's no telling how big this would be. :rolleyes:

Can

Not

WAIT!

Hail.

My youngest is a Liverpool fan and its his birthday next week. He got the new home kit as his present and went with Mario's name and number. The whole kit plus the Premier League badges cost a whisker under £100. 

ONE. HUNDRED. POUNDS. For a 9 years olds kit.

My youngest is a Liverpool fan and its his birthday next week. He got the new home kit as his present and went with Mario's name and number. The whole kit plus the Premier League badges cost a whisker under £100. 

Kids would think differently about purchases if we made them physically take a hundred pounds of gold to the store to buy the kit. 

Is Torres even a real person anymore?

He lost his mojo somewhere along the way and hasn't really regained it.

My wife surprised me with a Blackburn shirt a few years ago and it didn't come with the Premiership patch even though she paid for it.  I asked how much it was and she told me.  I laughed and just said if they would give us the money back then just do that to save the trouble. So we got the money back. 

Now I wish I had that patch as evidence to people who think I'm wearing an imaginary made up kit. 

"Blackburn has a team now?"

Edited by Old Bay

You boy has fantastic taste Mr.C. As does his aul'fella with his taste in woman. (Mrs.C runs that house. She's a Liverpudlian. And you don't argue with L'pool gals if you don't want to receive something you don't want to receive.). The less sai on the eldest with his Chelsea problem the better.

Scandalous price to pay for something he'll both grow out in no time and they'll change in even less. I remember my first ever shirt. It wasn't a present. We couldn't afford that back in Thatchers '80's. It was from a summer school holiday footie clinic. And at the end Of the 2 weeks they tried to present us (we'd of been around the same age.). either an Adidas Aberdeen home or Forest away. To which we all went 'yes can get to **** if yers think we're wearing that minging ****e!' Or words to that effect. So the final day they had all these L'pool Umbro pinstripes. LOL. Moral being you don't **** with Scouse kids. LOL.

I was made up and me Ma cut out a white number 7 from some cloth and sewed it on the back. Perfect . Still got that in a box somewhere.

Doesn't fit me now like ha ha.

Hail.

• Like 1

And oh boy GHH if we had been on ES on that faithful day in an field...

You'd hate me

Nah. As gutting as that was, the main thing to win in THAT season was the FA Cup. Which we did on the Saturday. I blame the FA for depriving us another double as they insisted all our games had to be played before the scheduled end to the season with no extension after the break we'd had from football after Hillsborough. That last week just caught up with players. Emotionally draining Cup final that went to extra time on a red hot day the Saturday. West Ham at home on the Tuesday. Then the decider with Arsenal on the Friday. People forget when we lost 3-1 at United on New Years Day we where something like 18/20 points behind Arsenal. All be it with a slew of games in hand. The unbeaten run we went on right until the final game was a testament to the players after all the emotional stress they'd gone through with the disaster. To lose the final game 2-0 and the league on goals scored was the cruellest blow but credit to Arsenal. Even though Smith NEVER touched the ball!

I was looking earlier trying to dig out the proggi and match ticket for that game out of interest. (One of the few all ticket games back then.). Couldn't find that, but I found my Cup final ticket stub from the 1989 final the previous Saturday against Everton. £ 7.50. SEVEN POUND 50 PENCE! Around 13 bucks and change. Contrast that to what Arsenal are scandalously charging Tottenham for the Derby at the Emirates. £ 64 pounds. Or $ 104 dollars and change. A frigging Premier League game 14/15 times the cost of an FA Cup Final ticket 25 years on. If only wages had gone up in relation through that period.  

Football is a disgraceful law unto itself.

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven