Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Arsenal: Szcsesny, Debuchy, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Monreal, Flamini, Wilshere, Ozil, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Cazorla, Alexis

Subs: Martinez, Chambers, Rosicky, Coquelin, Podolski, Sanogo, Campbell

Seeing the line-up puts me at ease. Hopefully it's not a false sense of security. That's a pretty capable Front 4/5—in fact, could be fun to watch this combination go at it. 

Watching the big West Yorkshire derby in the league cup between Bradford and Leeds.

This should be a fun, old fashioned scrap.

On and off the park lol.

Hail.

Martin's subtlety on twitter is bound to show through soon. 

GOAL! Bradford 0 - 1 Leeds (Matt Smith). They've had ten men for 50 minutes, but are now in front. Sky Sports 1: pic.twitter.com/aMwedyh8ti

BwEnjSLIgAEPmqn.png

Notice, after the Leeds goal.  Players are preparing to do the traditional first goal caterpillar celebration. :P 

Funny that the club I give most grief I do the best with on FIFA. Bayern. (Sad that I do since that's where the majority of my German heritage comes from. I hate the management poaching the bunda. No hate for the players.). (No GHH I don't give Liverpool the most grief lol)

Edited by RichmondRedskin88

@ArsenalReport: "I bough Sanchez to be a striker" - Wenger

Welp

It makes sense though. What does Wenger do but convert wingers to strikers, not a bad track record either. In retrospect, it's what I complained about last year—against a pitched defense, you need a wizard on the ball that can cause unbalance that defense. 

A lot of strikers need time to settle. Case in point, Ozil had the ball in the flank, Sanchez went inside, Ozil played the ball outside. It's those things that will sort out over time. 

Now that we got through, we can afford to wait on him to be ready.

He does realise he would'nt of fetched anything like that fee if Utd hadn't been desperate and Madrid hadn't taken full advantage right?

Hypocrit. He'll fit right in.

Hail.

He will, because their coach is a "genius" :P:D

mb459

we were five!!!

C_4_articolo_2064013__ImageGallery__imag

Edited by FrFan
  • Like 2

Well yeah. You're weird. ;)

Hail.

Well remember a few years ago I was pushing for Bayern to beat Chelsea because of that friend of mine from Germany.  That was before he got really big head and shoved how awesome they were down everyone's throat.   The newer Bayern fans I run into always have this "We're better than you"  looking down upon attitude lately.   Like I said its management targeting within the league that annoys me. I have no beef with the players (Except maybe Robben and Muller who whine and flop a bit).   Only real time I was hating you guys lately is wanting you blow the league last year so I wouldn't have to read about the title every post ;)

Edited by RichmondRedskin88

Bradford won 2-1.

Hell of a finish. Man sent off. Good, old fashioned cup tie derby.

Hail.

The hell of a finish bit rather depends on your point of view  :wacko:

Actually given that we went down to 10 men so early (just how brainless you have to be to make that second challenge that early in the game after already being lucky to get away with a yellow for the first challenge is beyond me) we played pretty well in patches. They certainly battled hard and it seemed to mean something to them when we went ahead and when we went behind - but frankly thats the least you should expect.

Meanwhile our President/Owner continues to buy players that the coach does not play. You had better be winning if you do that and he's not.  

Martin's subtlety on twitter is bound to show through soon. 

I'm not often accused of being subtle  :)

Meanwhile our President/Owner continues to buy players that the coach does not play. You had better be winning if you do that and he's not.  

That's a really bad situation man.  Rovers were like that not that long ago.  Frustrating and frightening to spend what little funds on useless players.

That's a really bad situation man.  Rovers were like that not that long ago.  Frustrating and frightening to spend what little funds on useless players.

To be honest we don't know if they are useless or not - we haven't seen most of them actually play yet.

We have brought in 13 players so far - about 5 in the last 2 weeks. Some of the ones brought in early lacked match fitness as well. Its going to be a few weeks - and almost certainly a change of coach - before this all shakes out and we can see where we really are. 

Heres a frightening stat for you though, by half time of the Bradford game in 3 and half games we had 5 shots on target and 4 sendings off on the season. The only way is up!

Heres a frightening stat for you though, by half time of the Bradford game in 3 and half games we had 5 shots on target and 4 sendings off on the season. The only way is up!

Wow man.  I'd be worried about going the opposite!

We had a stint where they brought in about half a dozen Portuguese players that never got any playing time.  We kept hearing that they had quality but never saw the field.  Only one who ever did was Nuno Gomes and he was a class player but didn't have the legs anymore.

Ugh....got frivkin' killed the other night AND the night before!

Our JV team has only two sophomores on it and we got murdered...previous game 4-1 last game 7-0... Jeebus!!!

After the 7-0 I was ticked off. Our defense is almost completely inept, they don't clear the ball instead they want to two touch the ball on corners and crosses when it is point blank in front of our goal. Our midfielders and wings get further back then our back line does.

Ugh!!! My level of frustration is pretty high right now, and my son not happy either.

I keep trying to maintain perspective, but man those sting.

In related news we decided to put him on the Select team afterall, and last night's practice was one of the best kepper work-outs he's had since soccer camp. I think we'll stick with both JV and Select, but I need some perspective help on how to deal with getting slaughtered.

Anyways, here are some pics from the 7-0 rout...

14876421217_3b7905a762_b.jpg

The player in red is on our team, he's one of our "problem areas", I think he's trying to figure out which way to go.

15062962805_eb95bc773a_b.jpg

Wow, if you haven't heard, last night a small Bulgarian team won its way into the CL.  The manner with how they did it was nothing short of spectacular.  The GK was sent off in the second extra time and the Center back took his place.

To see the rest, go to this (FoxSoccer) link:  http://www.foxsports.com/soccer/story/defender-forced-into-goalkeeper-saves-day-for-champions-league-ludogorets-razgrad-082714